Gallup: Atheists, Muslims See Most Bias as Presidential Candidates
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 10:27:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Gallup: Atheists, Muslims See Most Bias as Presidential Candidates
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Gallup: Atheists, Muslims See Most Bias as Presidential Candidates  (Read 5238 times)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2012, 05:46:40 PM »

And I suppose that black supremacists, heterophobes, Islamists, violent feminists, and La Raza were such good agents of tolerance and helpful in getting their groups accepted. But I suppose yes, they should stop going and trying to attack the religious majority as idiotic, ignorant, and vile. That's not helping them. Most atheists are not like that.

The New Atheists aren't even remotely like those groups, and it's completely idiotic of you to act like they are even remotely comparable. For instance, can you name even one act of violence perpetrated by the New Atheists? Can you even point out one place where they advocate violence in the name of atheism?

I wasn't talking about the violence angle. I was talking about the ideas of their own superiority and the idiocy/lesser status of those who do not agree with them.

Proof?

Of what I was saying? Dibble- have you not read anything by Hitchens or Dawkins? I've seen Maher, I'm pretty sure he's calling religious people stupid.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2012, 06:12:33 PM »

lol
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2012, 09:39:19 AM »

Of what I was saying? Dibble- have you not read anything by Hitchens or Dawkins?

I've read stuff by Dawkins and watched a number of debates with him, Hitchens, Sam Harris, and others. I don't recall them ever claiming that atheists are superior people or that religious people are inherently stupid, much less inferior. Their argument is primarily about how religious beliefs are not based on evidence and inhibits critical thinking as it tends to encourage the blind acceptance of authority, which leads to bad things.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

While Maher is a vocal atheist, I don't think he's typically viewed as part of the New Atheists. You should also keep in mind that he a comedian and being insulting is part of his shtick.
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2012, 10:49:33 PM »

I find it interesting most Americans would vote for a LGBT president than a Muslim or an Atheist.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2012, 11:22:37 PM »

I find it interesting most Americans would vote for a LGBT president than a Muslim or an Atheist.

For a Christian/Jewish LGBT President, that is. They'd rather have Fred Karger (Who is both LGBT and Jewish, apparently), than Keith Ellison.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2012, 12:34:31 AM »

Never heard of a "black supremacists."  I'm not saying they don't exist just wondering why you are so bothered by them.

You don't know who Malcom X is??

A hero.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2012, 09:43:33 AM »

Never heard of a "black supremacists."  I'm not saying they don't exist just wondering why you are so bothered by them.

You don't know who Malcom X is??

A hero.

Kind of a nut.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2012, 08:53:51 PM »

What was really pathetic was how some Obama defenders were saying that he had to be a weak President because he's black. That 96% is at the top of the list, and well above the 54% for us atheists.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies