Young Tweed vs. Department of Federal Elections (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:16:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Young Tweed vs. Department of Federal Elections (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Young Tweed vs. Department of Federal Elections  (Read 5682 times)
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« on: June 25, 2012, 05:38:33 PM »

Official Atlasia Supreme Court Release
Nyman, DC

Writ of Certiorari
The Atlasian Supreme Court grants certiorari to hear the questions of whether the Secretary's certification violates the Preamble and/or Article 1, Section 5, Clauses 30-31.

Schedule
Petitioner has forty-eight hours to file his brief.  It is expected no later than 6:00PM EDT on Wednesday, June 27, 2012.

Respondent has an additional thirty-six hours to file his brief.  It is expected no later than 6:00AM EDT on Friday, June 29, 2012.

Amicus Briefs will be accepted until 6:00AM EDT on Friday, June 29, 2012, unless the filing party can show sufficient need.

Additional time may be granted to either party upon a showing of sufficient need.

A possible period of argument (Q&A) may be scheduled after presentation of the briefs in case any member of the Court has any questions for the parties.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 04:00:04 AM »

Will the Court give me some guidance as to where I ought to take the joint amicus brief I'm writing once it's finalized?

Just in here will be great, thanks Nathan.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 12:06:00 AM »

Young Tweed, Article I, Section 5, Clauses 30-31, also known as the 'public interest' protection, pertains to powers outlined to the Senate, as Nathan points out in his brief.  How would the certification of Napoleon's election as President inhibit the Senate from being able to exert these powers, noting the innately separate duties allotted to the executive and legislative branches?
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 12:40:29 AM »

Chief Justice Ebowed, it is my understanding of the quote below that Q&A cannot begin until after the presentation of the briefs, and even then it would have to be 'scheduled' before it happens.  I'm perfectly willing to entertain your above inquiry and any other questions the Court may have, but it seems out of place as we're still in the Petitioner-brief stage for another 15 hours.

My apologies; I was under the impression that Nathan would be acting as the defense on behalf of the Department of Forum Affairs.  Of course, the commencement of questioning does not preclude any involved parties from posting further briefs.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 08:01:19 AM »

as such, the certification of Napoleon as victor of the 06/12 election is in clear violation of the quote taken from Miamiu1027 285:27, the John 3:16 of Atlasia, which is inseparable from any reasoned conception of the General Welfare of the Republic.

Be that as it may, how are we to determine that this is, in fact, the intention of the Constitution?  Would you agree that there is good reason to suggest that the application of 'Tweedist' ideology to a reading of the document would be entirely arbitrary, and no more grounded than observing the interpretation of others who took a role in crafting the text of the Constitution?
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2012, 07:10:28 PM »

Of course Smiley
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2012, 03:10:22 AM »

The Chief Justice delivered the opinion of the Court, with the Junior Associate Justice concurring.

The Court cannot, at this or any juncture, entertain notions of 'installing' a candidate in violation of the democratic process.  Napoleon, the certified winner of the Presidential election, has beyond any doubt rightfully earned the ability to assume the duties of the head of the executive branch at the appropriate time.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies