in preparation for the People's Tweedist Republic of Atlasia (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:43:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  in preparation for the People's Tweedist Republic of Atlasia (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: in preparation for the People's Tweedist Republic of Atlasia  (Read 2478 times)
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: June 28, 2012, 03:09:02 PM »

I am honored by this nomination, Mr. President-Elect, and humbly accept.

The president-elect is Napoleon. If Tweed is made president, it will be through the Supreme Court. If you must, refer to him as President-Appointee.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 03:32:25 PM »

Hey now, if Nappy has the right to say he's going to do this and appoint that and go on a yacht and whatnot, there's no reason y'all should be "looking down upon with dis-favor" on Tweed attempting to match that. Y'all should be ashamed of yourselves for attacking his statements on what he would do if the Supremes rule his way.

His office will still be illegitimate. I don't care if Tweed saves the world his first day in office; he wasn't elected. It's as simple as that
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 03:42:26 PM »

Hey now, if Nappy has the right to say he's going to do this and appoint that and go on a yacht and whatnot, there's no reason y'all should be "looking down upon with dis-favor" on Tweed attempting to match that. Y'all should be ashamed of yourselves for attacking his statements on what he would do if the Supremes rule his way.

His office will still be illegitimate. I don't care if Tweed saves the world his first day in office; he wasn't elected. It's as simple as that

If the Court rules that Tweed is the legitimate victor then he is the legitimate victor, simple as that. It is emphatically the province and duty of the judicial department to say what the law is. If they say that the law is that Tweed is legitimate, then like it or not, that's what the law is. You may not like it, I may not like it, but it's the way it shall be. It's as simple as that.

This is a democracy, Mr. Joyce. If the Supreme Court overthrows a government chosen by the clear will of the people and installs a fringe lunatic, then the Supreme Court needs a good shaking. Tweed's lawsuit is in defiance of the people of Atlasia, and I will not stand for it!
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 04:42:55 PM »

It's like if Thomas Paine ran for president and lost, but sued based on the fact that he was the father of the American Revolution.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2012, 09:52:35 AM »

Also I suggest incorporation of this image in your flag:

Maybe holding the hammer and sickle?

Mr. Senator, are you declaring that you are a Tweedist? I may have to disapprove of you in the next poll...
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2012, 10:05:25 AM »

Also I suggest incorporation of this image in your flag:

Maybe holding the hammer and sickle?

Mr. Senator, are you declaring that you are a Tweedist? I may have to disapprove of you in the next poll...

I'm pretty sure he's just offering suggestions on graphic design.

Fraternizing with the enemy!!!1!one!!

But that star thing is cool.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies