in preparation for the People's Tweedist Republic of Atlasia (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:05:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  in preparation for the People's Tweedist Republic of Atlasia (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: in preparation for the People's Tweedist Republic of Atlasia  (Read 2476 times)
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« on: June 28, 2012, 03:22:44 PM »

Hey now, if Nappy has the right to say he's going to do this and appoint that and go on a yacht and whatnot, there's no reason y'all should be "looking down upon with dis-favor" on Tweed attempting to match that. Y'all should be ashamed of yourselves for attacking his statements on what he would do if the Supremes rule his way.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 03:39:40 PM »

Hey now, if Nappy has the right to say he's going to do this and appoint that and go on a yacht and whatnot, there's no reason y'all should be "looking down upon with dis-favor" on Tweed attempting to match that. Y'all should be ashamed of yourselves for attacking his statements on what he would do if the Supremes rule his way.

His office will still be illegitimate. I don't care if Tweed saves the world his first day in office; he wasn't elected. It's as simple as that

If the Court rules that Tweed is the legitimate victor then he is the legitimate victor, simple as that. It is emphatically the province and duty of the judicial department to say what the law is. If they say that the law is that Tweed is legitimate, then like it or not, that's what the law is. You may not like it, I may not like it, but it's the way it shall be. It's as simple as that.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 03:50:16 PM »
« Edited: June 28, 2012, 03:57:49 PM by SoEA SJoyceFla »

His office will still be illegitimate. I don't care if Tweed saves the world his first day in office; he wasn't elected. It's as simple as that

If the Court rules that Tweed is the legitimate victor then he is the legitimate victor, simple as that. It is emphatically the province and duty of the judicial department to say what the law is. If they say that the law is that Tweed is legitimate, then like it or not, that's what the law is. You may not like it, I may not like it, but it's the way it shall be. It's as simple as that.

This is a democracy, Mr. Joyce. If the Supreme Court overthrows a government chosen by the clear will of the people and installs a fringe lunatic, then the Supreme Court needs a good shaking. Tweed's lawsuit is in defiance of the people of Atlasia, and I will not stand for it!

So you're going to be all "Justice Ebowed has made his decision; now let him enforce it!"? I am of the understanding that the Supreme Court does not want to be shaken. Will of the people or no, the Supreme Court is the highest court in the land and has ultimate appellate jurisdiction. What do you plan to do if they rule as they voted?

Also, Tweedism needs a better logo than just a T, especially when it's a hammer & sickle (a fairly complex drawing) in the other corner. Maybe like an arrow or something, but writing on flags just doesn't really look good.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 04:23:03 PM »
« Edited: June 28, 2012, 04:28:35 PM by SoEA SJoyceFla »

I haven't read everything. Why, again, is there a situation in which the court could rule Tweed the victor of the election?
Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Because Nappy lacks consciousness enough to comprehend something being fun due to advertisements, or some such thing. I don't really see how the Supremes could rule in favor of it,
Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2012, 10:02:44 AM »

Also I suggest incorporation of this image in your flag:

Maybe holding the hammer and sickle?

Mr. Senator, are you declaring that you are a Tweedist? I may have to disapprove of you in the next poll...

I'm pretty sure he's just offering suggestions on graphic design.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2012, 10:08:04 AM »

Also I suggest incorporation of this image in your flag:

Maybe holding the hammer and sickle?

Mr. Senator, are you declaring that you are a Tweedist? I may have to disapprove of you in the next poll...

I'm pretty sure he's just offering suggestions on graphic design.

Fraternizing with the enemy!!!1!one!!

But that star thing is cool.

Nonsense! Well-done graphic design is a concern of all Atlasian citizens.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies