Moderate Republicans
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:19:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Moderate Republicans
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Moderate Republicans  (Read 11815 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: July 08, 2012, 03:15:14 PM »

I think it's funny that the "neo-cons," "Culture warriors," and "moderates" all think they are different from one another. Their policies are almost identical.

The only group in the GOP that really distinguishes itself is the liberty/ paleo-con wing.

This site is packed with posters who are at once moderate and not culture warriors. As to the neo con thing, whatever that means, but assuming it is a big fist US foreign policy these days, they do tend to be light on the ground around here, since that does not fit as part of your assumed package either.
hopper
United States

« Reply #76 on: July 08, 2012, 07:28:55 PM »

That NC-SC poster, Duke, is a moderate republican. Dereich and ajc, both from Florida, are moderate  GOPers, too. Redcommander used to be moderate, not anymore. Tory, Clarence and Tmth would be considered moderate republicans in today's GOP, but they're not "moderate". They are sane conservatives.

I feel ignored.
You are a reactionary by your own admission, aren't you?

But most of my positions on major issues would put me in the "moderate" camp of the GOP.

That says considerably more about the GOP than about you, to be quite honest.
Well no he is from NJ. You have to be a moderate republican in most places in NJ to get elected to office therefore most NJ  Republicans are moderate. Maybe up in Sussex County you can be conservative because it is out there in the boonies. There is nothing going on in Northwest Jersey.
hopper
United States

« Reply #77 on: July 08, 2012, 07:41:00 PM »

There are no moderate Republicans. There all out to repress the people in favour of greedy big business and outdated religious beliefs.
Well no I don't like the religious right myself. Whenever I think of the religious right they think religion should be a player in politics and they are anti-abortion. I don't like those 2 things.

As for big business you have to break down your opinions of big business being greedy to make me understand your point. I personally don't think that a poor person has ever hired anybody though.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #78 on: July 08, 2012, 09:06:18 PM »

That NC-SC poster, Duke, is a moderate republican. Dereich and ajc, both from Florida, are moderate  GOPers, too. Redcommander used to be moderate, not anymore. Tory, Clarence and Tmth would be considered moderate republicans in today's GOP, but they're not "moderate". They are sane conservatives.

I feel ignored.

But most of my positions on major issues would put me in the "moderate" camp of the GOP.

Well no he is from NJ. You have to be a moderate republican in most places in NJ to get elected to office therefore most NJ  Republicans are moderate. Maybe up in Sussex County you can be conservative because it is out there in the boonies. There is nothing going on in Northwest Jersey.

Ehhh... Scott Garrett is held to be a solid conservative, if that's any benchmark.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #79 on: July 09, 2012, 12:16:02 PM »

I add SinFan and Bulmoose to my list Smiley
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #80 on: July 09, 2012, 01:19:10 PM »

I feel ignored.

Ehhh... Scott Garrett is held to be a solid conservative, if that's any benchmark.

I also don't seem to recall that you're running for public office.

Stylistically and in general approach you are on second thought actually considerably more moderate than some New Jersey Republican elected officials, though.
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #81 on: July 11, 2012, 02:37:15 PM »

I think it's funny that the "neo-cons," "Culture warriors," and "moderates" all think they are different from one another. Their policies are almost identical.

The only group in the GOP that really distinguishes itself is the liberty/ paleo-con wing.

This site is packed with posters who are at once moderate and not culture warriors. As to the neo con thing, whatever that means, but assuming it is a big fist US foreign policy these days, they do tend to be light on the ground around here, since that does not fit as part of your assumed package either.

Tell me, what are the biggest differences between these groups in actual policy. I would also like you to distinguish them from the 'moderate' Democrat.
Green State
Rookie
Cuba

« Reply #82 on: July 11, 2012, 02:57:19 PM »

Simple there are no moderate Republicans only right-wing and extreme right-wing ones! The "moderates" are just good at hiding their true selves tbh.
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #83 on: July 11, 2012, 03:34:22 PM »

Simple there are no moderate Republicans only right-wing and extreme right-wing ones! The "moderates" are just good at hiding their true selves tbh.

What's the difference between right-wing and extreme right-wing?
Green State
Rookie
Cuba

« Reply #84 on: July 11, 2012, 04:22:02 PM »

The extreme right-wing can be seen in the Tea Party like politicians that want to take America back to the 1500's with their extreme religious bigotry and laiz-faire like economic policies.

While the right-wing of the GOP wants to maintain the unchecked capitalism we have right now and that led t the 2008 meltdown.

The GOP as well as the Democrats o a lesser extent are the enemies of the worker due to their neo-liberal stances. More so then right-wing opposition's in other countries
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #85 on: July 11, 2012, 05:14:59 PM »

The extreme right-wing can be seen in the Tea Party like politicians that want to take America back to the 1500's with their extreme religious bigotry and laiz-faire like economic policies.

While the right-wing of the GOP wants to maintain the unchecked capitalism we have right now and that led t the 2008 meltdown.

The GOP as well as the Democrats o a lesser extent are the enemies of the worker due to their neo-liberal stances. More so then right-wing opposition's in other countries

You will find much more peace in life when you realize there is not much different between either political party when it comes to actual governing. While I find the rhetoric that comes from the right wing horrifying at times, the Democrats have the same loons in their party, they just are more accepted amongst the public due to the media's influence.

The Republican Party of today is at a dangerous place with the purging of sane minds and moderates who used to run things, and they will either be out of power for a long time and realize the error of their ways or they will ceased to exist at a party. The Tea Party themselves is one of the worst things ever to rear its ugly head in American politics. They are divisive and reactionary and are only a bad influence for the GOP. They seem to prey on the less educated by using slogans and framing issues into simple catch phrases that really do nothing to address real problems, and they seem to think their twisted way of viewing the world is mainstream when in reality it's eroding the only buffer between the Democrats and unchecked power.

In my view, there were only two sane people running for president in the GOP field, yet it was stretched out for far too long because of people like the Tea Party who are more interested in tag lines than actual solutions. And it's a shame that Mitt Romney is having to adopt some things like that to get the support of his party.

That's just my view of things today in the GOP. The only thing keeping me in the party is what it is supposed to stand for, because deep down I believe in personal responsibility, civil liberties, human rights, and the power of American capitalism. But those things are hard to find in either party these days.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies