Are people who refuse to buy health insurance freeloaders? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 04:57:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Are people who refuse to buy health insurance freeloaders? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Are people who refuse to buy health insurance freeloaders?  (Read 3347 times)
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: June 29, 2012, 10:34:53 PM »

whatever the 'facts', we may as well paint them as such if it helps to get the job done.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 10:38:09 PM »

Buying insurance is a decision to pool your individual risk with others and share the costs of that risk. Any individual can choose to maintain their own risk. Earlier today I heard a woman on the radio describe how she was uninsured but working and needed an expensive medical procedure. She said the hospital was happy to set up an affordable payment plan to pay off the bill. I've heard similar statements from hospital administrators. She didn't sound like a freeloader.
And I'm sure she's good for it Roll Eyes

another liberal who trusts government to dictate central policy better than individual rational actors in the marketplace.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 10:58:26 PM »

Buying insurance is a decision to pool your individual risk with others and share the costs of that risk. Any individual can choose to maintain their own risk. Earlier today I heard a woman on the radio describe how she was uninsured but working and needed an expensive medical procedure. She said the hospital was happy to set up an affordable payment plan to pay off the bill. I've heard similar statements from hospital administrators. She didn't sound like a freeloader.
And I'm sure she's good for it Roll Eyes

another liberal who trusts government to dictate central policy better than individual rational actors in the marketplace.
You think consumers are rational? Don Draper would like a word with you.

chill I put on my right wing radio hat
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies