Moving Forward
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:10:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Moving Forward
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Moving Forward  (Read 2987 times)
The Lord Marbury
EvilSpaceAlien
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -5.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 30, 2012, 03:37:08 PM »

This is a thread I have already posted on AH.com, so I thought I might as well post it here too.

Prologue

"2012 was certainly a highly unusual election when you compare it to the ones that came before. President Rudy Giuliani had of course had a very turbulent first term in office, during which he was plagued by scandals surrounding members of his cabinet, gaffes, and harsh criticism for the way he handled the economy. The conservative base of GOP certainly weren't happy with him since they saw him as too much of a moderate and disliked his attempts to reach a bipartisan consensus with the Democrats when it came to the financial crisis, and his pro-choice stance on abortion had definitely not ever been popular with the base. However he still managed to grab the nomination in '08 thanks to support from important figures withing the party, such as John McCain. But during the last few years of his term, discontent among the conservatives was growing bigger and bigger by the minute, and it all finally culminated in Texas Governor Rick Perry announcing his intent to challenge Giuliani for reelection in late 2011. Initial polls showed Giuliani and Perry neck and neck for the nomination, so it was clear that the President was going to have to fight harder than previously thought, in order to keep his job for an additional four years."
-"The Great Upheaval - American politics during the 2010s", by H. Joseph McCullough, published in 2031

"As 2011 rolled around I knew that it was the time for me to make the choice. I felt like I had been snubbed for the nomination back in '08, and of course, look at how it all turned out in the end. As soon as the result of the election were clear I started making calls to my closest advisors and campaign workers. The planning for my 2012 run had begun. I thought, no, knew that I had what it took to make America great again, and that I would be a far better leader than President Giuliani. But then of course the accident happened.
I still have problems with remembering the events of that day, but from what my Chief of Staff told me, I was on my way to a lunch meeting with then-Majority Leader Harry Reid when the driver of a big rig fell asleep at the wheel and drove straight on into oncoming traffic, hitting my car along several others. But the only thing I myself truly can remember is waking up out of a coma at the hospital nearly three weeks later, finding out that the accident had permanently damaged my spine. I would be bound to a wheelchair for the rest of my life.
Now I wouldn't say that it was the wheelchair which led to my decision not to run, because it really wasn't. I'm not sugar coating it and saying it wasn't hard to adapt to not being able to walk for the rest of my life, but I think that under the circumstances I did excellently. I had a tremendous obstacle which could've easily left defeated for the rest of my life, but I was able to overcome it, something which I am incredibly proud of. But my biggest problem was that I just did not have the energy anymore. During the 2008 campaign I had an absolutely atrocious schedule with barely any time for sleep or rest at all, but I still felt energetic and genuinely exited about the primaries and campaign events. But after the accident it was as if I had suddenly aged ten more years in the blink of an eye. I honestly did not have the energy for a big national campaign, and even though my entire being desperately wanted to state my case to the American people and for them to give me the opportunity to lead this great nation, my greatest fear was that if I ran and won, I wouldn't live to see the end of my first term. The American people simply deserved a President who could be more than that. Therefore, in the end, I dropped my Presidential ambitions and resolved to serve the State of New York, and the country, from the United States Senate instead."
-"Hillary Rodham Clinton - Still Standing", published in 2028

"Well Conan, in 2010 I made a promise to the people of Illinois to serve as their Governor and fight the disgusting amount of corruption which has sadly plagued our state for so long, and while we have made some progress during my short time in office, there is still so much to do that I feel I cannot in good conscience abandon my fellow Illinoisans to embark on a long shot Presidential campaign at this point in time."
-Illinois Governor Barack Obama, interviewed on the Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien, April 11th 2012
The Lord Marbury
EvilSpaceAlien
Sweden

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 03:46:26 PM »
« Edited: June 30, 2012, 04:04:52 PM by Not Chevy Chase »

FORMER SALT LAKE CITY MAYOR TO SEEK DEMOCRATIC NOMINATION
CNN.com, May 23rd 2011

The first candidate to enter the race for the Democratic nomination, in the wake of both Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama declining to run, is Rocky Anderson, who served as Mayor of Salt Lake City between 2000 and 2008. In his address he slammed both President Giuliani, as well as the leadership of the Democratic Party. "For too long this party has stood on the sidelines and allowed the Republican Party to trample on our beloved Constitution, and I say enough is enough! It is time for someone to bring back just and principled leadership to the White House and the Democratic Party, and I believe that I am that someone.", Anderson said to a cheering crowd in Salt Lake City. Despite being the first person to officially announce his candidacy, his chance at winning the nomination is largely viewed as a long shot among the mainstream pundits.

GOVERNOR PERRY HITS THE TALK SHOW CIRCUIT, SLAMS THE PRESIDENT HARD
FoxNews.com, June 3rd 2011

Governor Rick Perry of Texas, who announced his intent to challenge President Giuliani for the Republican nomination three weeks ago, appeared on several talk shows this week, speaking about the reasons behind his decision to launch a Presidential campaign. "Well Amy, the main reason I decided to challenge the President is because I don't feel as if he really represents the conservative beliefs of the average Republican voters, and I want to show those feeling disappointed by the President, that hey, maybe there's another alternative.", Perry said while appearing on Late Night with Amy Poehler.

INDIANA SENATOR EVAN BAYH ANNOUNCES WHITE HOUSE BID
MSNBC.com, June 8th 2011

Evan Bayh, Governor of Indiana between 1989 and 1997, and the junior Senator from Indiana since 1999, announced his intention to seek the Democratic nomination for President. He previously launched an exploratory committee in 2008, but due to a failure of gaining much traction in the polls, he dropped out before the actual primaries took place. "I feel strongly that this country is being taken down the wrong road by the Republican Party, and after discussing the matter with my wonderful wife Susan and my sons, I have come to the decision of declaring my candidacy for the Presidency of these United States.", Bayh said to a crowd of supporters. Current polling puts Bayh in the middle of the field of prospective Democratic candidates.

NBC RENEWS JAY LENO'S 'TOP GEAR' FOR A FOURTH SEASON
TvBytheNumbers.com, June 8th 2011

Top Gear, the hit American remake of the original British show, has been renewed for a fourth season of 20 episodes by NBC. Top Gear is hosted by Jay Leno, Adam Ferrara, and Tanner Foust, and is produced by BBC Worldwide in conjunction with Universal Television and Big Dog Productions.

GIULIANI: IS HE THE NEXT CARTER?
FoxNews.com, June 10th 2011

One and the same?

A President generally viewed as more moderate than the rest of his own party, from a state which generally votes for the opposition party, with a first term plagued by conflict between the President and leaders of his own party as well as the opposition, along with a sluggish economy, rising gas prices, mediocre approvals, and a primary challenge from a member of his own party in the middle of his campaign for reelection. Sound familiar? It should. Because it's an excellent description of the first and only term of President Jimmy Carter. It's hard not to draw parallels between Presidents Carter and Giuliani because the circumstances surrounding their terms in office are not so different, but as we all remember, Carter eventually defeated Kennedy in the primaries and went on to lose in landslide against Ronald Reagan. The question is, can Rudy Giuliani do the same by defeating Governor Perry and then go on to win in the general election against whoever the Democrats decide to nominate? No one can know that for sure at this point, but unless the economy improves and the jobless rate starts going downwards, we can safely say that Giuliani is definitely going to have a tough fight ahead of him.

FEINGOLD: I'M NOT RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT
CNN.com, June 11th 2011

Russ Feingold, a four term Senator from Wisconsin and a prominent progressive leader and critic of President Giuliani's, who was once considered a top contender for the Democratic nomination should he decide to run, today put all rumors to rest. "Now I know that there are many people who want me to run for President. On Facebook there's a petition which has been signed by almost 14 000 people, and that makes me feel incredibly humbled. But unfortunately I am forced to disappoint them all because I just do not feel in my heart that this is the time for me to run. I will of course still get involved and endorse the candidate I feel is the most able to stand up for true progressive values, however I myself will definitely not be running.", Feingold said to CNN's Christiane Amanpour.

NY GOVERNOR SPITZER, VA SENATOR WARNER, BOTH RUMORED TO BE CONSIDERING PRESIDENTIAL RUNS
MSNBC.com, June 11th 2011

With only two candidates having officially declared their intention to seek the Democratic nomination, pundits are in full speculation mode over which other candidates will join the field in the coming few months. Two names which are getting mentioned with an increasing frequency are Eliot Spitzer, the incumbent Governor of New York who was reelected in a landslide with 64% of the vote in 2010. Spitzer is popular with the left wing of the party and holds a strong liberal record as Governor, having championed the legalization of gay marriage in the state during 2009. Warner, on the other hand, is a far more moderate figure generally viewed as being more in line with New Democrats like Arkansas Governor Mike Beebe, or Indiana Senator Evan Bayh who has already declared an intent to seek the nomination. Warner was elected Governor of Virginia in 2001 and left office in 2005 due to Virginia's constitution forbidding a Governor from serving two or more consecutive terms in office. After sitting U.S. Senator John Warner (no relation) announced his intention to retire, he made the decision to run for the open seat, which he won with 64% of the vote. Warner is viewed as being a strong candidate in the general election, who could deliver traditionally Republican states like his home state of Virginia, into the Democratic fold.

HUCKABEE SAYS HE'S NOT INTERESTED IN RUNNING
FoxNews.com, June 12th 2011

Mike Huckabee, the former Governor of Arkansas and currently the host of the Fox News Channel talk show Huckabee, announced on his show that he would not be a candidate for the Republican nomination. "Look, I wish both President Giuliani and Governor Perry all the best in their endeavors, but I honestly feel that this year and this time is not mine. But as a proud Republican I will of course support whomever the party decides to nominate.", Mr. Huckabee said on his show last night.
The Lord Marbury
EvilSpaceAlien
Sweden

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2012, 03:57:29 PM »
« Edited: June 30, 2012, 04:04:30 PM by Not Chevy Chase »

BREAKING NEWS

SENATOR WARNER OFFICIALLY DECLARES CANDIDACY
Associated Press, June 14th, 2011

Mark Warner, the junior Senator from Virginia, long rumored to be a possible contender for the Democratic nomination, has now officially thrown his hat into the ring. He made his announcement in front of a cheering crowd of supporters outside of the Virginia State Capitol in Richmond. "For too long this country has been led down the wrong direction by Republicans with an agenda which does nothing to help the average middle class American voter. I believe that if this country is going to have any hope of winning the future, we need to choose a new path, a stronger path. And I honestly believe that I am the man with the strength in leadership and vision to lead this great nation down that path. Therefore, on this beautiful Virginia day, I am announcing my candidacy for President of the United States of America!"
adrac
adracman42

Political Matrix
E: -9.99, S: -9.99

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2012, 05:13:15 PM »

Sounds like fun.
I'd throw my support full-heartedly to Rocky Anderson.
Can we see an election map, at the very least, for 2008, assuming that the point of divergence lies there?
The Lord Marbury
EvilSpaceAlien
Sweden

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2012, 05:32:06 PM »

Sounds like fun.
I'd throw my support full-heartedly to Rocky Anderson.
Can we see an election map, at the very least, for 2008, assuming that the point of divergence lies there?

Sure, here it is. However the POD is actually back the early 2000s, somewhere between 2002 and 2005, however that will not become clear until later in the timeline.

Rudy Giuliani (R-NY) / Sam Brownback (R-KS) - 322EV - 53,1%
John Edwards (D-NC) / Chuck Schumer (D-NY) - 216EV - 45,2%

Basically, the election is neck and neck between Giuliani and Edwards until the financial crisis when Edwards starts to pull away, but then, just a few weeks ahead of the election, the Edwards scandal hits the news, and since the ballots are already printed and done, the Democrats have no other choice than running with Edwards as their candidate.
The Lord Marbury
EvilSpaceAlien
Sweden

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2012, 07:03:25 PM »

Since the clock has struck 2 AM here in Sweden, I'm going to bed, but I'll be back with more updates in the morning, which will include some more campaign stuff as well as the state of the world outside the US.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2012, 09:50:01 PM »

Looking good.
The Lord Marbury
EvilSpaceAlien
Sweden

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2012, 06:12:03 AM »
« Edited: July 01, 2012, 06:13:54 AM by The Lord Marbury »

SCHWEITZER IS IN THE RACE
CNN.com, June 16th 2011

Today the Democrats found themselves a new candidate in Montana Governor Brian Schweitzer. Known for his brash and folksy speaking style, he made the announcement in front of a cheering crowd of supporters in Helena, the capital of Montana. "You know, there are some people out there who say that Washington can't be changed. That's it's clogged by partisan roadblocks, and it can't be changed. That it's filled to the brim with corruption and lobbyists, and it can't be changed. Well then I'll say that maybe it's time for the people of Montana to show them that it can be done. We're gonna show the American people that the Washington establishment can be changed so it works for them, not against them!", Schweitzer said to tremendous applause. The Governor, who is term limited, has long been speculated as a possible entrant into the Democratic race, and now that speculation has proven to be true.

SPITZER SPOKESPERSON: "THE GOVERNOR IS CONSIDERING HIS OPTIONS"
MSNBC.com, June 16th 2011

Governor Eliot Spitzer of New York has long been rumored to be a candidate for the Democratic nomination, and hypothetical polls has him leading the pack, which should do nothing but encourage Spitzer and his advisors. However it would appear that he still hasn't been able to make a decision as of yet, at least if we are to believe one of the Governor's closest advisors, who said the following to a reporter from the New York Post: "At this point the Governor is considering his options and taking his commitment to the people of New York into account before embarking on any national campaign"

MASSACHUSETTS GOVERNOR ELIZABETH WARREN TO SEEK THE PRESIDENCY
CNN.com, June 20th 2011

Another candidate joined the Democratic pack today, with Massachusetts Governor Elizabeth Warren declaring her intention to run outside of the Massachusetts State House today. Warren is a bankruptcy law expert and former Harvard Law School professor who was elected Governor of Massachusetts in a landslide in 2006 when incumbent Governor, and current HHS Secretary Mitt Romney, chose not to run for a second term. "For 12 long years this country has been run by Republicans who have done nothing but sell out Main Street for the sake of Wall Street. They've handed out billions and billions of dollars to their big business cronies while the industrial worker, the small business owner, and the school teacher, have all been forced to deal with getting more worse off with every year that passes. Well I for one am sick and tired with the morally bankrupt Republicans running this country, so I am announcing my intention to seek the Presidency of these United States, not for my own sake, but for the sake of all the industrial workers, all the small business owners, and all the school teachers of this great nation!", Warren said in her speech. She made the speech alongside her Lieutenant Governor Martha Coakley, along with U.S. Senators John Kerry and Deval Patrick, who was previously Warren's Lieutenant Governor, but stepped down in 2010 after he ran to fill the U.S. Senate seat vacated by the death of Ted Kennedy.

KUCINICH ENDORSES ROCKY ANDERSON
FoxNews.com, June 21st 2011

Dennis Kucinich, a prominent champion of the far left within the Democratic Party, today came out and publically endorsed Rocky Anderson in his campaign for the Democratic nomination.

------

The next update is going to deal with some international affairs.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2012, 06:35:47 AM »

So I'm guessing that the prostitution scandal never happened in this timeline?

What were the results on the 2010 mid-terms?
The Lord Marbury
EvilSpaceAlien
Sweden

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2012, 06:54:36 AM »

So I'm guessing that the prostitution scandal never happened in this timeline?

What were the results on the 2010 mid-terms?

Correct.

Well since Giuliani was president, the Democrats obviously made gains, however since the Republicans won in '08, some of the closer races that year went to the Republicans. So I'll post the changes of the 2008 result first, followed by the 2010 midterms.
The Lord Marbury
EvilSpaceAlien
Sweden

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2012, 09:09:46 AM »
« Edited: July 01, 2012, 09:34:03 AM by The Lord Marbury »

Here's the 2008 and 2010 elections. Incumbents are in bold.

2008 Congressional/Gubernatorial elections

House of Representatives

Before election:
Democrats - 236 seats
Republicans - 199 Seats

After election:
Democrats - 247 seats (+11)
Republicans - 188 seats (-11)

Senate

Before election:
Democrats - 51 seats (+ind)
Republicans - 49 seats

After election:
Democrats - 56 seats (+ind) (+5)
Republicans - 44 seats (-5)

Changes from OTL
Alaska - Ted Stevens (R) defeats Mark Begich (D)
Minnesota - Norm Coleman (R) defeats Al Franken (D)
Oregon - Gordon Smith (R) defeats Jeff Merkley (D)

Governorships

Unchanged

2010 Congressional/Gubernatorial elections

House of Representatives

Before election:
Democrats - 247 seats
Republicans - 188 seats

After election:
Democrats - 262 seats (+15)
Republicans - 173 seats (-15)

Senate

Before election:
Democrats - 56 seats (+ind)
Republicans - 44 seats

After election:
Democrats - 62 (+ind) (+6)
Republicans - 38 (-6)

Changes from OTL
Arkansas - Blanche Lincoln (D)defeats John Boozman (R)
Delaware - Joe Biden (D) defeats Christine O'Donnell (R)
Indiana - Evan Bayh (D) defeats Dan Coats (R)
Illinois - Pat Quinn (D) defeats Mark Kirk (R)  
Ohio - Ted Strickland (D) defeats Rob Portman (R)  
Pennsylvania - Joe Sestak (D) defeats Pat Toomey (R)
Wisconsin - Russ Feingold (D) defeats Ron Johnson (R)  

Governorships

Changes from OTL
Alaska - Sarah Palin (R) defeats Ethan Berkowitz (D)
Arizona - Terry Goddard (D) defeats Jan Brewer (R)  
Florida - Alex Sink (D) defeats Rick Scott (R)
Illinois - Barack Obama (D) defeats Bill Brady (R)
Iowa - Chet Culver (D) defeats Terry Branstad (R)

Maine - Eliot Cutler (I) defeats Paul LePage (R), Libby Mitchell (D)
Massachusetts - Elizabeth Warren (D) defeats Charlie Baker (R)
Minnesota - Al Franken (D) defeats Tom Emmer (R)
New Mexico - Diane Denish (D) defeats Susana Martinez (R)
New York - Eliot Spitzer (D) defeats Carl Paladino (R)
Ohio - Jennifer Brunner (D) defeats John Kasich (R)
Oregon - Jeff Merkley (D) defeats Chris Dudley (R)
Wisconsin - Tom Barrett (D) defeats Scott Walker (R)    
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix
E: 10.00, S: -4.26

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2012, 02:04:24 PM »

Cool Smiley
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2012, 02:18:52 PM »

How the heck did John Edwards defeat both Obama and Clinton in 2008!?!?!?!
The Lord Marbury
EvilSpaceAlien
Sweden

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2012, 02:55:53 PM »

How the heck did John Edwards defeat both Obama and Clinton in 2008!?!?!?!

Obama didn't run and Edwards managed to narrowly edge out Clinton for the nomination.
The Lord Marbury
EvilSpaceAlien
Sweden

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2012, 03:00:43 PM »
« Edited: July 01, 2012, 04:10:06 PM by The Lord Marbury »

BREAKING NEWS

CANADIAN PRIME MINISTER DEAD FROM HEART ATTACK
CNN.com, June 23rd 2011

1950-2011

At this hour, CNN can report that Jack Layton, Prime Minister of Canada since February of this year, died from a heart attack. He was rushed to the hospital after his wife found him unconscious in his office, however the doctors was unable resuscitate the Prime Minister and he was proclaimed dead at 2:03 PM this afternoon. Layton had previously suffered from Prostate Cancer during 2010, however he was declared as being completely cancer free before the 2011 election. It is unknown if the heart attack which led to his death could have been a side effect of his cancer. will perhaps be most remembered for being the first Prime Minister from the New Democratic Party, a party which for over 40 years was considered by the majority of people, as only being a minor third pary with little chance of ever making any great success, however Layton proved them wrong and led the party to its first ever second place in the 2008 election when the party replaced the Liberals, then led by Michael Ignatieff, as the main party of the left. Then finally 2011 the party became the biggest in the country, however they were unable to secure a majority in the canadian House of Commons, so he formed a coalition with the Liberal Party led by Bob Rae in order to govern.

-------------

GIULIANI APPROVAL DOWN
MSNBC.com, June 23rd 2011

MSNBC can report that the approval ratings of President Giuliani have dropped from 47% in may, to an all time low of 43%, with 48% disapproving of the President and 9% undecided.
adrac
adracman42

Political Matrix
E: -9.99, S: -9.99

« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2012, 04:08:51 PM »

Layton as PM?
Awesome.
Too bad he had to go as early as he did though.
The Lord Marbury
EvilSpaceAlien
Sweden

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2012, 05:20:56 PM »

Yeah I figured that since it was a great shame that he didn't get a shot IOTL, why not give him the chance to be PM, at least for a short while, ITTL.
The Lord Marbury
EvilSpaceAlien
Sweden

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2012, 05:25:02 PM »

O'MALLEY IS IN, SPITZER IS OUT
FoxNews.com, June 28th 2011

A new contender joined the Democratic field today, while another one says he's not running. Governor Martin O'Malley of Maryland, currently the chairman of the Democratic Governor's Association, has announced his intent to run. O'Malley hasn't gotten a lot of buzz among the punditry lately, but another Governor who has is Eliot Spitzer of New York, who held the distinction of leading several hypothetical polls in the past few months. But it would appear that it wasn't enough for the popular Governor to jump in the race, since in an interview with David Letterman last night, Spitzer categorically denied that he would run for President in 2012. With Spitzer out, the Democratic field now consists of Rocky Anderson, Evan Bayh, Mark Warner, Brian Schweitzer, Elizabeth Warren, and of course Martin O'Malley.

CANADIAN FOREIGN MINISTER DEWAR TO SERVE AS PRIME MINISTER IN THE INTERIM
MSNBC.com, June 28th 2011

Paul Dewar, Canada's interim Prime Minister

With the death of Canadian Prime Minister Jack Layton from a massive coronary just under a week, it has been left unclear just who will succeed the deceased PM. Deputy Prime Minister and Finance Minister Bob Rae has served in the position for the interim, however unlike our Vice President, holding the position of Deputy PM doesn't guarantee succession to the Premiership, and since Bob Rae is the leader of the Liberal Party, the junior party in a coalition, it was never on the table that he would serve as PM for an extended period of time. And now it would appear that a solution to the problem has been worked out. Minister of Foreign Affairs Paul Dewar (NDP) will take over the office of Prime Minister in the interim, with Thomas Mulcair taking over his post as Foreign Minister, while the New Democratic Party elects a new leader who will take over in the long run. No date has been set for a leadership election at this point, however it is expected that it will be held sometime in the fall in order to make it possible for the new leader and Prime Minister to be appointed as soon as possible, and to facilitate a quick and smooth transfer of power.

WARNER SLIGHTLY AHEAD IN DEM RACE, TIE FOR THE GOP
CNN.com, June 30th 2011

Republican Polling

Rudy Giuliani - 44%
Rick Perry - 44%
Undecided - 12%

Democratic Polling

Mark Warner - 21%
Elizabeth Warren - 16%
Brian Schweitzer - 16%
Martin O'Malley - 13%
Evan Bayh - 11%
Rocky Anderson - 6%
Undecided - 17%
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2012, 07:59:00 PM »

Go Warner and Rudy!
The Lord Marbury
EvilSpaceAlien
Sweden

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2012, 02:39:34 PM »

RON PAUL LAUNCHES BID FOR GOP NOMINATION
CNN.com, July 7th 2011

Things are getting worse and worse for President Giuliani, who today got yet another challenger for the Republican nomination, with Texan Congressman Ron Paul announcing his intention to run in a brief speech he held in his own district, today. "I believe that the American people deserves a government which respects our Constitution, and doesn't desecrate it, a government which, as our founding fathers intended, serves the people and doesn't try to run their lives", Paul said to the cheering crowd of supporters.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2012, 05:56:23 PM »

Go Dr. Paul! Smiley
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2012, 08:39:03 PM »

Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2012, 12:16:52 PM »

The Lord Marbury
EvilSpaceAlien
Sweden

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2012, 07:48:29 AM »

I want to explain why I haven't updated this in more than a week.

Well, basically I had all my plans for this TL, along with the next updates saved onto a flash drive which unfortunately was the victim of water related accident. Now I've been trying to rewrite some of the stuff I had done, but I've got real life stuff going on as well, so for the time I'm sadly forced to put this on hold.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies