Signatures filed to invalidate Maryland Congressional redistricting (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:49:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Signatures filed to invalidate Maryland Congressional redistricting (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Signatures filed to invalidate Maryland Congressional redistricting  (Read 13091 times)
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: July 01, 2012, 11:26:20 PM »

How did I know this was a krazen post?

'Moving right along to the next thread....
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 09:05:00 AM »

I would suspect that my name in the 'started by' column would clue you in, and save you from some rude keystrokes.

No; I didn't even see your name. This subject was the most recent post when I was scrolling through the main Forum page, so I only saw the headline and Happy Warrior's name (because he had the last post).
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 01:00:49 PM »

Looks like snotty Miles doesn't like citizen uprising against Democrats' outrageous Maryland congressional map.  This is going to referendum.  We turned in 10k more than needed. 10k will not be invalid

If most Maryland Republicans are like you in demeanor, its easy to see why they're such a minority in state politics.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 01:36:21 PM »

It's not like Republicans wouldn't have drawn a gerrymander if they had control. Maryland's map isn't nearly as ridiculous as the maps of Pennsylvania and Ohio.

Well, in the Republican's defense, the Maryland map is very ugly.

But yeah, the Republicans promised a "fair" redistricting up in NC and look how that turned out...
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 02:36:20 PM »

It's not like Republicans wouldn't have drawn a gerrymander if they had control. Maryland's map isn't nearly as ridiculous as the maps of Pennsylvania and Ohio.

Well, in the Republican's defense, the Maryland map is very ugly.

But yeah, the Republicans promised a "fair" redistricting up in NC and look how that turned out...

Redistricting is often times a matter of vengeance. And the North Carolina GOP has 100 years of vengeance to enact.

The vengeance factor aside, it was still erroneous and hypocritical advertising on the part of the NCGOP. They said they'd draw a "fair" map; an intended 10-3 delegation from a 50/50 state isn't an equitable situation, no matter how you slice it.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2012, 04:49:49 PM »

Looks like snotty Miles doesn't like citizen uprising against Democrats' outrageous Maryland congressional map.  This is going to referendum.  We turned in 10k more than needed. 10k will not be invalid

If most Maryland Republicans are like you in demeanor, its easy to see why they're such a minority in state politics.

Your dismissive remark at the petition drive reeked of snobbery.  What can I say?  The Democrats were giddy at the prospect of petitioning Ohio's map.  I'm glad that the OH Repubs modified their map due to public pressures.  I wish MD Dems had done the same

It wasn't just that post; your forum demeanor has been fairly consistent. I mean that in the least offensive way possible.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2012, 05:48:58 PM »

My aim is not to please you, buddy.  3/4 of those who write on here regularly are liberal/Democrat.  It's basically a vehicle for you all to validate your own musings.  I try to super-size my voice to make up for the lack of diverse viewpoints, and as good old Rush Limbaugh would say, point out absurdity with absurdity.

I notice that my alma mater [Towson University] will being visiting your alma mater [LSU] in the fall.  I intend to make the trip to watch that game, can't wait

Oh, awesome! We'll surely welcome you here at LSU and I hope you have a great experience there! Enjoy our campus!
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2012, 06:04:35 PM »

My aim is not to please you, buddy.  3/4 of those who write on here regularly are liberal/Democrat.  It's basically a vehicle for you all to validate your own musings.  I try to super-size my voice to make up for the lack of diverse viewpoints, and as good old Rush Limbaugh would say, point out absurdity with absurdity.

I notice that my alma mater [Towson University] will being visiting your alma mater [LSU] in the fall.  I intend to make the trip to watch that game, can't wait

Oh, awesome! We'll surely welcome you here at LSU and I hope you have a great experience there! Enjoy our campus!

Actually its a battle of my alma maters, as I attended LSU for one semester before coming to my senses that out of state tuition is a waste of money. (Fall 2007).. oh which just happened to be the semester they won the BCS.  Epic awesomeness, LSU is a beautiful and fantastic school and I'll probably be rooting for them in the game over Towson, who are the "tigers" as well

I lived at 1443 brightside drive, I forget the name of the apt complex

Wow, that must have been great! You just went waaaay up in my book Smiley lol
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2012, 04:14:47 PM »

So, the worst case is that the referendum passes and the legislature draws another (probably cleaner) 7-1 map?

Cool, I'm all for that.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2012, 10:11:31 PM »

It's a good thing no actual politicians read DKE redistricting diaries, or these shenanigans might've cost Republicans a seat. I personally used to rather enjoy those, though for some reason after the name change from SSP to DKE they fell off considerably.

The SSP name sounded a lot cooler Smiley
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2012, 02:59:10 PM »

I can't get MD to load for me in DRA, I can get other states though. Anyone else having this issue?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies