NC-Civitas: Romney hits 50%, up 5
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:58:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  NC-Civitas: Romney hits 50%, up 5
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: NC-Civitas: Romney hits 50%, up 5  (Read 3897 times)
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 03, 2012, 09:31:21 AM »

http://www.nccivitas.org/2012/civitas-poll-romney-leads-in-nc-after-court-ruling/
http://www.nccivitas.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/chart2.pdf

In a poll taken June 29-July 1, 50 percent of voting age North Carolinians supported the former Massachusetts governor. President Obama was backed by 45 percent.
kenyanobama
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.52, S: 9.48

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 10:31:16 AM »

http://www.nccivitas.org/2012/civitas-poll-romney-leads-in-nc-after-court-ruling/
http://www.nccivitas.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/chart2.pdf

In a poll taken June 29-July 1, 50 percent of voting age North Carolinians supported the former Massachusetts governor. President Obama was backed by 45 percent.

I think they're being generous to Obama, but in before the libs go bonkers.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 10:34:02 AM »
« Edited: July 03, 2012, 10:42:45 AM by MilesC56 »

Well, its Civitas, though the partisan composition checks out to me.

In any case, poll entered.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 11:02:03 AM »

Well, its Civitas, though the partisan composition checks out to me.

In any case, poll entered.

Assuming any swing at all away from Obama from 2008 makes a poll showing Romney up 5 in NC reasonable.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 11:14:00 AM »

Civitas has been favorable to the GOP throughout this cycle, but this is an increase from a late-May poll that had Romney up only 2.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2012, 11:15:24 AM »

Civitas has been favorable to the GOP throughout this cycle, but this is an increase from a late-May poll that had Romney up only 2.

I actually think Civitas is becoming a credible pollster; we'll see if that holds up.
Sasquatch

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -8.52

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2012, 11:47:52 AM »

I don't doubt that Romney is leading in NC, but how is Romney winning 64% of hispanics?
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2012, 12:28:39 PM »

I don't doubt that Romney is leading in NC, but how is Romney winning 64% of hispanics?

Well first off, the number of Hispanics they polled is approximately 40, so that's around a 15% MoE even if their Hispanic sample was representative, which is doubtful.
timothyinMD

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2012, 02:15:14 PM »

This poll seems spot on.  It's consistent with others showing Romney with a modest lead in NC, what seems off is the 3% response for "Other"

NC has one of the lowest rates of third party voting
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2012, 03:46:46 PM »

I actually think Civitas is becoming a credible pollster; we'll see if that holds up.

Allegedly  SurveyUSA actually did the polling. They are a topnotch pollster.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2012, 04:01:09 PM »

Allegedly  SurveyUSA actually did the polling. They are a topnotch pollster.

Hmm...yeah, SUSA is good.
Supersonic
SupersonicVenue
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 0.35

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2012, 09:28:13 AM »

Lean Romney.
Vern
vern1988
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.30, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2012, 11:13:46 AM »

North Carolina is no where near lean Romney, polls jump back and foward from Obama to Romney, therefore it is a toss-up state.
BritishDixie
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2012, 11:18:26 AM »

The black turnout won't be as high this year, and that only just pushed Obama over the line, so lean Romney.
Vern
vern1988
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2012, 11:23:10 AM »

Do you know anything about N.C.? I highly doubt you truly do. North Carolina is changing so very fast. The main cities are growing non-stop and getting more liberal by the day. The younger voters under the age of 40 are liberal minded.
BritishDixie
United Kingdom

« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2012, 11:24:15 AM »

Do you know anything about N.C.? I highly doubt you truly do. North Carolina is changing so very fast. The main cities are growing non-stop and getting more liberal by the day. The younger voters under the age of 40 are liberal minded.

Sorry I was just going on what knowledge I had about why Obama won in 2008.
FreedomFighter
Rookie

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2012, 11:34:57 AM »

The black turnout won't be as high this year, and that only just pushed Obama over the line, so lean Romney.

More racism from BritishDixie. Tell me, are you a Klansman or somethign.
Vern
vern1988
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2012, 11:36:45 AM »

Sorry I was just going on what knowledge I had about why Obama won in 2008.

It is fine.
Vern
vern1988
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2012, 11:38:18 AM »

I don't see any relation between a racist comment and what He said?
FreedomFighter
Rookie

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2012, 11:42:10 AM »

He's suggesting blacks are dum, by saying that they're uncapable of voting for Obama.
Vern
vern1988
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2012, 11:47:13 AM »

He's suggesting blacks are dum, by saying that they're uncapable of voting for Obama.

No, what He said is a true statement, this year the black turn-out will not be as high. The excitement over electing the first black president is over so a lot of the black folks who only voted to elected Him will not turn out this year.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2012, 11:53:04 AM »

All of what you said is true, which indicates North Carolina will become more of a swing state in future elections.  What is in question is whether it will be enough to make a difference this year.  Given the lack of enthusiasm on the part of the base for President Obama (the support given him so far is most likely obligatory), the sheer frenzy by Republicans to get rid of him, the poor economy, and the fact this is still a conservative southern state -even more so than Virginia- I think Republicans can still pull one more rabbit out of the hat and win this state in November.  
Vern
vern1988
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2012, 01:39:12 PM »

All of what you said is true, which indicates North Carolina will become more of a swing state in future elections.  What is in question is whether it will be enough to make a difference this year.  Given the lack of enthusiasm on the part of the base for President Obama (the support given him so far is most likely obligatory), the sheer frenzy by Republicans to get rid of him, the poor econYomy, and the fact this is still a conservative southern state -even more so than Virginia- I think Republicans can still pull one more rabbit out of the hat and win this state in November.  

Oh, there is no doubt Romney could win there, but this doesn't make it lean Romney.
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2012, 02:09:19 PM »

No, what He said is a true statement, this year the black turn-out will not be as high. The excitement over electing the first black president is over so a lot of the black folks who only voted to elected Him will not turn out this year.

I call BS. Much of the polling I have seen has African Americans as the group most enthusiastic about voting in 2012. While there may not be the same first time thrill in voting for Obama in 2012 as there was in 2008 I think African Americans will have the Presidents back in 2012 and turnout.
Vern
vern1988
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2012, 05:21:56 PM »

I call BS. Much of the polling I have seen has African Americans as the group most enthusiastic about voting in 2012. While there may not be the same first time thrill in voting for Obama in 2012 as there was in 2008 I think African Americans will have the Presidents back in 2012 and turnout.

Maybe, but polls can be miss leading.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies