A Republic Stillborn: de Gaulle loses the 1962 referendum (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 06:49:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  International What-ifs (Moderator: Dereich)
  A Republic Stillborn: de Gaulle loses the 1962 referendum (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A Republic Stillborn: de Gaulle loses the 1962 referendum  (Read 3257 times)
BlueDog Bumble
Rookie
Canada

« on: July 06, 2012, 06:34:12 AM »

Sounds good. Congrats to the left for mobilizing massively. Smiley Doesn't the results map look like a pretty solid win for the no side ? I'm not very sure of how populated each departement is, but from seeing such a map I'd expect the results to be more like 55/45 or at least 53/47.

Now I'm eager to find out what the legislative elections will result in ! Will we have a constituency map as well ? Smiley

But don't the yes side run up huge margins in Alsace and Brittany, whilst  no wins only narrowly in most places.
BlueDog Bumble
Rookie
Canada

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 08:36:55 AM »

Sounds good. Congrats to the left for mobilizing massively. Smiley Doesn't the results map look like a pretty solid win for the no side ? I'm not very sure of how populated each departement is, but from seeing such a map I'd expect the results to be more like 55/45 or at least 53/47.

Now I'm eager to find out what the legislative elections will result in ! Will we have a constituency map as well ? Smiley

But don't the yes side run up huge margins in Alsace and Brittany, whilst  no wins only narrowly in most places.

The no seems to pull equally impressive margins throughout the C-shaped old left core running from Nièvre to PACA. And its win in Ile de France is pretty solid as well.

Since the map is based on UNS, it must be correct, but I find it really surprising.

I'm fascinated by French politics, tell me why is that area more left-wing, as I thought (with my own limited knowledge) that the area there was more rural and from my experience, such places tend to support the right.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies