The White House- Napoleon/Nathan Administration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:08:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The White House- Napoleon/Nathan Administration
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
Author Topic: The White House- Napoleon/Nathan Administration  (Read 16239 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 06, 2012, 03:32:28 PM »
« edited: September 22, 2012, 11:49:31 PM by President Napoleon »

Welcome to the White House. Smiley
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 03:38:01 PM »

*question from the White house correspondent of The Porcupine*

Mr. President, can you promise the people of the Imperial Dominion of the South that they will be safe from over aggressive Federal agents acting without warrants? Smiley 
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 04:07:04 PM »

White House Fancy Podium Thing

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: The Administration respects the rights of the regions to do what they want, so long as it does not interfere with the federal constitution. The Imperial Dominion of the South's actions are of questionable constitutionality, but the Administration does not support the ransacking of public buildings in the South. Legal questions must be resolved by the Supreme Court, and armed force should be used only as a last resort, if at all.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 07:32:46 AM »

Mr. President, the Saving Over Spending Act of 2012 has been passed by the Senate and is awaiting your signature or veto.

x Veep
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 12:24:17 PM »

I sign,

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2012, 09:02:56 AM »

Mr. President,

The Less than HONORable Service Peclusion of Benefits Act has passed the Senate and is presented for your signature or veto.

Senator NC Yankee,
Senate President Pro-Tempore.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2012, 11:21:57 AM »
« Edited: July 21, 2012, 11:25:03 AM by President Napoleon »

Mr. President,

The Less than HONORable Service Peclusion of Benefits Act has passed the Senate and is presented for your signature or veto.

Senator NC Yankee,

I am vetoing this bill.

An Other Than Honorable discharge is not necessarily dishonorable, and should not result in losing the benefits a member worked hard to earn. Wealthy CEOs get fired for fraud with a $5 million package, but a soldier makes a mistake and loses everything? I can't support that.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2012, 11:31:35 AM »
« Edited: July 21, 2012, 11:34:23 AM by OBAMA = NIXON II »

I have been advised by email of your veto of this bill.

I applaud your courage and your sense of fairness and common sense in rightfully vetoing this bill Mr. President.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2012, 09:11:48 PM »

Mr. President-

I'll begin by telling you what you may already know- despite my reputation on this board as a “hawk” it is not easy for me to advocate for or encourage military conflict. As a veteran of a war which many saw as lacking basis- even many of us who served- and as some one who never knew my father as he died of wounds before I could walk or talk... I understand that decisions involving the use of military force and the placement of our brave service members in harm's way must be made knowing that our choice could deprive children of a mother or father, make a widow or widower, or force a parent to bury their child. It is with having witnessed the tragedy of war that I write this open letter to inform you and Atlasia that I will be submitting a resolution to authorize the use of force against the Islamic Republic of Iran and I urge you to initiate military action against its government as soon as possible...

Iran must not be permitted to develop nuclear weapons. Some will say it is their right as a sovereign nation to do so as it is in their self interest- I say it is our right to act as we see fit considering we are a sovereign nation as well. Iran's obtaining a nuclear weapon would place our nation and our allies at existential risk for reasons I will outline... and upon obtaining their first nuclear weapon- we will be deterred from attacking to avoid destruction. This is why we must attack now- we will not risk the loss of one of our cities to attack them later when Iran performs increasingly heinous acts about the Earth

Iran has countless committed acts of war and threatened to commit others... they have committed many of the acts of war via their proxy- Hezbollah- which they fund and direct and which is responsible for the recent horrific attack on Israelis and Bulgarians in Bulgaria- this is an act of war along with the hundreds of other attacks against civilians and military alike done under the banner of Hezbollah. Iran planned to assassinate the Saudi ambassador to our own nation which was thwarted by intelligence. Iran is a theocracy which terrorizes its own people- such as hanging homosexuals simply for their sexual orientation. Iran has threatened to close the Strait of Hormuz which would result in a global economic shock. Iranian leaders have threatened to wipe Israel off the map and have conducted military exercises to enhance their capability to eradicate any military base of ours they can reach. Why would we ever take such a nation at their word that their nuclear development is for peaceful purposes?

The answer is- we cannot. Every day Iran moves forward with its nuclear program is a day closer to the point of no return- a point at which Iran becomes our military equal and conflict with them involves millions of lives lost on our side as opposed to thousands. Mr. President- our military exists for a reason and that reason is to prevail in combat should the need arise. I believe the Iranian threat justifies the use of military force. I leave it to you and your military advisors and commanders to determine the course of action- but implore you to eliminate the Iranian regime's ability to wage war before it is too late. Why would we let the world' s most dangerous regime obtain the world's most dangerous weapon?

Tomorrow- I will be submitting a resolution to authorize you to use force against the Iranian regime. I urge my fellow Senators to join me in this endeavor to preserve the security of our nation and our allies

Regards,
clarence
At-Large Senator
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2012, 03:50:20 PM »

I fully endorse the Senator's letter and will e supporting his resolution.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2012, 09:00:05 AM »

Mr. President,

The Protection of Legal Regional Functions Act has passed the Senate and is presented for your signature or veto.

Regards;
Senator NC Yankee,
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2012, 09:21:39 AM »

I sign,

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2012, 10:32:47 AM »

Mr. President,

The Redraft of The Less than HONORable Service Peclusion of Benefits Act has passed the Senate and is presented for your signature or veto, as required by the Constitution.

Regards;
Senator NC Yankee,
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2012, 05:04:20 PM »

I sign,

I understand some on my side have some concerns about this bill...but I believe this is a reasonable compromise on the issue that can send a message.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2012, 01:17:40 PM »

Mr. President,

The White House Budget Proposal has passed the Senate and is presented for your signature or veto.

Regards;
Senator NC Yankee,
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2012, 06:13:00 PM »

Mr. President, you have been summoned before the Committee on National Security to testify about the pending Treaty Ratification Amendment.  Please report immediately and submit your testimony.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2012, 07:08:42 PM »

I sign,

Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2012, 06:06:03 PM »

I hereby declare the 2012 US Presidential Election board to be in a state of emergency. Authorities are to take appropriate action and your cooperation is necessary. Thank you.

President Napoleon
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2012, 06:09:33 PM »

I hereby declare the 2012 US Presidential Election board to be in a state of emergency. Authorities are to take appropriate action and your cooperation is necessary. Thank you.

President Napoleon

Praise be to Jesus.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2012, 07:11:22 PM »

President Napoleon

The Atlasian Anti-Troll Force is on its way.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2012, 02:00:34 PM »

Mr. President, is it possible to contact the Atlasian Attorney General to have him put out an APB for Vice President Kalwejt?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2012, 09:57:56 AM »

Mr. President, is it possible to contact the Atlasian Attorney General to have him put out an APB for Vice President Kalwejt?

We havereason to believe that the VP is out of the country.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2012, 09:58:50 AM »

Just so there isn't confusion about this later on down the road and federal agents do get arrested for breaking laws that they were unaware of (and I think there is no more doubt the IDS is fully ready to arrest any member of the federal Government who breaks our laws, we present this warning:

Smiley
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2012, 01:04:50 PM »

Mr. President, you and the SoEA are called to testify before the Senate Committee on National Security about Atlasia's foreign policy, especially the recent talks with Iran.  Ambassador Cathcon is also summoned to testify.  I expect y'all to appear before the NSC promptly.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2012, 11:05:16 PM »
« Edited: August 13, 2012, 11:07:13 PM by President Napoleon »

State of the Union Speech

Senators and fellow Atlasians

We are gathered here tonight because it is our duty to address the many problems facing our nation. We have a responsibility to our country to come together and create solutions. Atlasia is working, we are on the right track, but anything less than 100% of our effort is unacceptable while I am President of the Republic of Atlasia.

We have shared great success these past weeks and months. Together, we saved our compassionate health care programs from collapsing and we balanced the budget without burdening working Atlasians with higher taxes. We have welcomed home our troops from the Middle East and have made investments in their future to reward their heroic sacrifices.

Atlasia must be a force for peace and prosperity, at home and abroad. We cannot afford any more economic turbulence, where hard-working Atlasians slip through the cracks and can no longer pursue happiness for their families.  We cannot afford any more unnecessary bloodshed, where honorable Atlasians are separated from their families and friends not knowing if they will see them again. Liberal, Labor, or Whig, I hope we can agree that the future is brighter.

Vice President Kalwejt has helped establish communications between Atlasia and Iran. Iran, having recently acquired nuclear weapons, is an emerging power in a fragile region. It is up to us to preserve peace, not only for our own values but for the sake of millions of Iranians who now have a small window letting in the light of freedom. If we can begin building a relationship, we can ensure that Iran acts as a responsible power and weaken terrorist networks around the world.

I support the creation of a federally-funded, nationwide university system, to offer more students access to a college education. I support removing the tax on tuition, because college students and their families have it hard enough as it is. I support worker training and jobs programs to help students build careers and restore employment for those less fortunate. I support the right of every Atlasian to have access to quality health care. I support prohibiting employers from discriminating in hiring because an applicant has been out of work. I support a lower tax burden on middle class Atlasians. I support efforts to conserve energy, develop clean energy, and make energy more cost effective. I support equal rights for all Atlasians regardless of their sexual orientation or gender. Now is not the time for satisfaction.

It is time that we move. Our government must be active in promoting and protecting the rights of our people. We must move forward with this common purpose. We must be relentless in our efforts. And we will make bring about the greatness this nation deserves.

Thank you all and Dave Bless Atlasia
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies