Summarize Previous Poster's Political Beliefs (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:47:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Summarize Previous Poster's Political Beliefs (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Summarize Previous Poster's Political Beliefs  (Read 40302 times)
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: July 20, 2012, 10:39:47 AM »

Oakvale is a good friend.

Oakvale's a diehard Sinn Fein Irish Nationalist, constantly talking about the need to retake Ulster and of the value of Irish-language education in preserving Irish nationality.  Oakvale's political activities tend to lean to burning the Union Jack on March 17th and picking random letters of the alphabet and forming new chapters of the IRA under them.  (QIRA, ZIRA, XIRA...)
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 04:28:01 PM »

Thoughtfully integrates Postmodern insights into his views without turning tedious and unreadable, opposed to Positivism and carrying a healthy distrust of Progress, combining leftist instincts with an instinctive intellectual hostility towards snap judgements and the arrogant presumption of intellectual superiority that so many on the left have...indeed, given his Foucauldian background, he even has a healthy distrust of the entire basis of the foundations of "knowledge" that underpins intellectual thought to begin with.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 04:44:47 PM »

Dammit, PR, you totally skipped me, and then you did Nathan despite him putting Skip in his post.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2012, 12:38:31 AM »

Somehow we went through an entire page without anyone actually doing me despite both Yelnoc and me pointing out the error.  I hold you to blame for this, Progressive Realist.

Getting back on track: TJ is very much a traditionalist RCC intellectual, and part of a rich thought tradition.  Is more instinctively conservative than ideologically, being skeptical of mad rushes towards changes in policy.  His background in the hard sciences and obvious smarts make him deeply skeptical of demagogues.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies