Fifth Midwest Region Constitutional Convention (for the Fourth Constitution)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:33:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Fifth Midwest Region Constitutional Convention (for the Fourth Constitution)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: Fifth Midwest Region Constitutional Convention (for the Fourth Constitution)  (Read 10638 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: October 08, 2012, 06:17:54 PM »

Do we need a clause against self-proclaimed Lord Protectors, or may we assume than it was a one-time occurence?

Um, what are you doing here? I dismissed this House already.

Now obey or face the charges for high treason.

As I'm living in Nyman for the moment because of my position of dSOFA, it will be quite hard to charge me from Midwest.

Although you refused to obey a lawful order, I'm pleased to see you respecting the true government of Midwest.

Because you showed such a proper respect We decided to excricise a prerogative of mercy. After you're captured, you shall be spared from hanging drawing and quartering. Instead, We find beheading sufficient.

Consider it a gift.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #76 on: October 13, 2012, 08:31:39 PM »

Alright, wonderful!  I've updated the version on the Wiki; you can read it here: https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Fourth_Midwest_Constitution

Note that there are some revisions from Redalgo's most recent draft.  Notably, the term of everyone is extended to 4 months, with elections timed to approximately (though not always precisely) correspond with national ones - all the better to increase turnout!  Also, the voting period for legislation is established (every two months, co-timed with elections for officials).

I think we're getting close to a final vote.  Let me PM people to see if we get any more comments.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #77 on: October 13, 2012, 09:24:37 PM »

Still running the tightest and friendliest ship in Atlasia, eh Verin? Smiley
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #78 on: October 14, 2012, 07:01:50 AM »

Alright, wonderful!  I've updated the version on the Wiki; you can read it here: https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Fourth_Midwest_Constitution

Note that there are some revisions from Redalgo's most recent draft.  Notably, the term of everyone is extended to 4 months
I oppose this. Way too long in case we forget to hold an election again. I move it be shortened to 1 month.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #79 on: October 14, 2012, 02:43:17 PM »

Still running the tightest and friendliest ship in Atlasia, eh Verin? Smiley

Eh, just took back the reins this summer because things were kind of falling off a cliff.  Trying to get it back on track.  I hope we're still the friendliest, though!  *hughughug* Grin Cheesy Grin

Note that there are some revisions from Redalgo's most recent draft.  Notably, the term of everyone is extended to 4 months
I oppose this. Way too long in case we forget to hold an election again. I move it be shortened to 1 month.

For the legislature or for the executive?  Makes sense for the legislature (Wink), but for the executive it shouldn't be hard to remember when elections are.  The reason we forgot to hold them essentially at all during the Third Constitution is because it's not explicitly spelled out when the dates that the elections start and end are.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #80 on: October 14, 2012, 02:57:19 PM »

I like the new Constitution (I haven't read the old).
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #81 on: October 17, 2012, 11:49:07 AM »

For the legislature or for the executive?  Makes sense for the legislature (Wink), but for the executive it shouldn't be hard to remember when elections are. 
For the executive. Legislation should only be at vote at two months intervals - less danger of just three people voting when there's a federal election going on at the same time. For the executive, that wouldn't be so much of a problem. (Actually, I was half-trolling and two months would be perfectly fine with me.)
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #82 on: October 18, 2012, 11:29:29 PM »

I support this current form of the constitution, and actually prefer the four month terms: it gives proper time for an executive to actually do something, and the election times are well-defined. We simply must be careful in our selection of Wisard! Pending the completion of discussion on the term limits, I move that we send this to a vote!
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #83 on: October 20, 2012, 01:55:48 PM »

For the legislature or for the executive?  Makes sense for the legislature (Wink), but for the executive it shouldn't be hard to remember when elections are. 
For the executive. Legislation should only be at vote at two months intervals - less danger of just three people voting when there's a federal election going on at the same time. For the executive, that wouldn't be so much of a problem. (Actually, I was half-trolling and two months would be perfectly fine with me.)

Thoughts are currently 1-1 on this idea, it seems, so perhaps you can bring it to a vote in the new legislature! Smiley

The current draft of the Fourth Constitution also states that we need to take a vote on our executive officers; I'm happy with either position and suggest Redalgo as another one.  (He may, perhaps, be a better Wisard than me, for he's the one who made this Constitution Tongue)  Other candidates are, of course, welcome! *hughughug* Grin Cheesy Grin  Now that I'm a big fancy grad student it probably wouldn't be a bad idea for me to step down from a post.  We'll use IRV for that vote.

Speaking of voting, I hereby move this Convention to a vote.  You must be signed in as a delegate to vote.  The current delegates are as follows:
  • ilikeverin
  • MaxQue
  • Kalwejt
  • dead0man
  • JulioMadrid
  • Redalgo
  • angus
  • hawkeye59
  • Fritz
  • A-Bob

If you're not on the list, please officially declare your intention to serve as a delegate before you vote!

Anyway, ballot is as follows:

Ratification
Do you vote to ratify the Fourth Constitutional Convention and close the Fifth Midwest Constitutional Convention?
[ ] Grin (Yes)
[ ] Angry (No)

Regional Kommissær
Who shall be our first Regional Kommissær (head of government)?  Please choose from the list of delegates and rank them in order of preference.
[ ]

Wisard Ekstraordinær
Who shall be our first Wisard Ekstraordinær (head of state)?  Please choose from the list of delegates and rank them in order of preference.
[ ]

Voting will end in exactly one week.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #84 on: October 20, 2012, 02:01:03 PM »

Do you vote to ratify the Fourth Constitutional Convention and close the Fifth Midwest Constitutional Convention?
[ Grin ]  (Yes)
[ ]  (No)

Regional Kommissær
Who shall be our first Regional Kommissær (head of government)?  Please choose from the list of delegates and rank them in order of preference.
[ Kalwejt ]

Wisard Ekstraordinær
Who shall be our first Wisard Ekstraordinær (head of state)?  Please choose from the list of delegates and rank them in order of preference.
[ Ilikeverin ]
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #85 on: October 20, 2012, 02:03:35 PM »

Yes, I'd love to be the Regional Kommissær because I'm buzzing with energy and it's better to use my energy than allow me to run wild and take people hostage.

As of Wisard Ekstraordinær, Ilikeverin is Midwest. There is no better candidate *hughughug*
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #86 on: October 20, 2012, 02:04:02 PM »

[Grin]  (Yes)
[ ]  (No)

Regional Kommissær
Who shall be our first Regional Kommissær (head of government)?  Please choose from the list of delegates and rank them in order of preference.
[1] Redalgo
[2] Kalwejt
[3] ilikeverin

Wisard Ekstraordinær
Who shall be our first Wisard Ekstraordinær (head of state)?  Please choose from the list of delegates and rank them in order of preference.
[1] Redalgo
[2] Kalwejt
[3] ilikeverin
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #87 on: October 20, 2012, 02:28:24 PM »

I would be honored to serve as a delegate to this convention!

That being said....

Ratification
[Cheesy]  (Yes)
[ ]  (No)

Regional Kommissær
[ilikeverin]

Wisard Ekstraordinær
[Redalgo]
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #88 on: October 20, 2012, 02:30:16 PM »

Ratification
[Cheesy] Grin (Yes)
[ ] Angry (No)

Regional Kommissær
[ 1 ]  Kalwejt

Wisard Ekstraordinær
[ 1 ] dead0man

that stupid AE ligature thing in the job titles
[ Angry ] no.  

hawkeye59
United States

« Reply #89 on: October 20, 2012, 06:15:53 PM »

Ratification
[Cheesy]  (Yes)
[ ]  (No)

Regional Kommissær
[Kalwejt]

Wisard Ekstraordinær
[ilikeverin]
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #90 on: October 21, 2012, 08:13:03 AM »

Ratification
[X]  (Yes)
[ ]  (No)

Regional Kommissær
[Kalwejt]

Wisard Ekstraordinær
[Redalgo]
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #91 on: October 21, 2012, 10:18:22 AM »

Remind me of this once you start voting, so I can complain after it is too late and vote against your silly proposals. Smiley
I consider this as having signed in.

Ratification
[]  (Yes)
[Angry]  (No)

Regional Kommissær
[ilikeverin]

Wisard Ekstraordinær
[ilikeverin]

Redalgo
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #92 on: October 21, 2012, 04:35:42 PM »

As an aside note, I am still willing to make any changes to the document if requested by the convention. Otherwise, I may as well give my input here as well.

Ratification

[X]  (Yes)
[  ]  (No)

Regional Kommissær

[7] A-Bob
[9] Angus
[4] Dead0man
[6] Fritz
[2] Hawkeye
[1] Ilikeverin
[8] Lewis
[3] MaxQue
[5] Redalgo

Wisard Ekstraordinær

[7] A-Bob
[9] Angus
[3] Dead0man
[6] Fritz
[4] Hawkeye
[2] Ilikeverin
[8] Lewis
[5] MaxQue
[1] Redalgo

(Note: Julio and Kal are excluded - one will be a Senator, the other tried to have me killed Tongue)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #93 on: October 21, 2012, 06:27:51 PM »

the other tried to have me killed Tongue)

Redalgo
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #94 on: October 22, 2012, 12:14:24 AM »

lol ^^
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #95 on: October 27, 2012, 02:29:53 PM »

It's been a week.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #96 on: October 27, 2012, 04:04:37 PM »

[Grin]  (Yes)
[ ]  (No)

Regional Kommissær
Who shall be our first Regional Kommissær (head of government)?  Please choose from the list of delegates and rank them in order of preference.
[1] Kalwejt
[2] ilikeverin

Wisard Ekstraordinær
Who shall be our first Wisard Ekstraordinær (head of state)?  Please choose from the list of delegates and rank them in order of preference.
[1] Redalgo
[2] ilikeverin
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #97 on: October 27, 2012, 04:58:36 PM »

Comrade Fritz, your vote was after the week has expired.  However, in the spirit of *hughughug*, I choose to count your vote anyway!  (In any case, it would not materially affect the outcome; ilikeverin's vote for Redalgo for RK would have flowed to Kalwejt, and angus's ballot for WE would have been exhausted.)

The final total is:

Ratification: Passes 8-1
Regional Kommissær: Kalwejt is duly elected with a first-round margin of 5-3 (ilikeverin)-1 (Redalgo).
Wisard Ekstraordinær: Redalgo is duly elected with a first-round margin of 5-3 (ilikeverin)-1 (dead0man).

Thank you to all participants!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #98 on: October 27, 2012, 05:00:03 PM »

Too bad turnout was a little low Sad but I'm sure we'll improve next time Smiley
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #99 on: October 29, 2012, 10:55:46 AM »

Umm... is Redalgo aware of his election? He's yet to take office.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies