MCPR/The Porcupine: Mideast Assembly Debate (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:26:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  MCPR/The Porcupine: Mideast Assembly Debate (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MCPR/The Porcupine: Mideast Assembly Debate  (Read 7048 times)
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

« on: July 10, 2012, 09:15:12 AM »

I will be on tonight to give a detailed response to the questions, at the moment I am about to go up to DC for work.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 02:50:50 PM »

New day, new questions...

First, I would encourage all candidates to respond to JCL's questions, including he himself.

- How important will bipartisanship be to you if elected? What record, if any, do you have of bipartisanship in Atlasia?

- A controversial issue that has always been brought up multiple times in the region is the issue of abortion. What is your position on the issue, and, if elected, will you do anything to change the current law?

- The recent GM report shows that for the first time in 2012, unemployment has risen in the Mideast region. What efforts will you take in the Assembly to reduce our regions unemployment?

- Our region has spent years trying to pass a budget. If you're able to work on it in the Assembly next session, how important will it be to you to balance the budget?

Since I kind of missed the first days questions with work responsibilities I'll simply answer these.

1) I think everyone is well aware of my long history as an individual who in Atlasia does not allow partisanship to get in the way of doing what is best, which is highlighted most of all by the fact that most of my time here I have not even been a member of an established party.

2)In terms of abortion I think I am pretty much in line with our region in the sense that I support in in cases of danger to the life of the mother, rape and incest but very little outside of that, I am perfectly content with the current regional statute in that regard.

3)As an individual who is a self-identified economic liberal on the other hand when it comes to unemployment I personally very much in favor of things like infrastructure  work programs which not only provide jobs but improve the state of our region to boot.

4) In regards to the budget I think we need to focus on developing a budgetary framework before we figure out how we're going to balance our budget.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 03:14:35 PM »

Do all the candidates acknowledge that without the budget passing any and all tax cuts/raises and fiscal issues are more or less worthless until there's actual numbers signed into law?

*Note I would not have made this comment/question if we didn't not have a near finished version of a budget and planned to continue running our region without a budget

Therefore...

What changes, if any, would you suggest be made to the current version of the regional budget?

I plan to make the budget a central part of this Assembly should I be reelected but yes that is true, that it isn't really worth much to work on tax issues without the budget.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies