Rick Perry ‘proudly’ refuses health care to 1.2 million low-income Texans (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:34:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Rick Perry ‘proudly’ refuses health care to 1.2 million low-income Texans (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Will Texas implement the Medicaid expansion in the end?
Yes

Partially

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 40

Author Topic: Rick Perry ‘proudly’ refuses health care to 1.2 million low-income Texans  (Read 4301 times)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« on: July 10, 2012, 01:33:26 PM »

Indeed.  What family values too.  I looked at the two linked stories that produced the last quote in the OP.  It turns out that a family of three that is already covered by welfare has a $188 per month eligibility cap to qualify for Medicaid.  That cap shakes out to 11.8% of the federal poverty level for a family that size.  I can't get past this little factoid today--it just blows my mind.  If you're a very poor family in Texas, you have a choice, food or a doctor, but not both.     

They just need to work harder. Or start their own business.

Regardless, they need to stop looking for government hand-outs and show more personal responsibility.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 04:03:17 PM »

This travesty that some claim to be happening has just been voted by a bunch of media and academia lib's that Texas is the # 1 state. CNBC

Number 1 state for who? Depends an awful lot on your perspective.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 04:26:30 PM »

This travesty that some claim to be happening has just been voted by a bunch of media and academia lib's that Texas is the # 1 state. CNBC

Number 1 state for who? Depends an awful lot on your perspective.
Wait just a dog gong minute! Since when does the lib haft to qualify their perspective?

Not really sure what you're attempting to express here.

At any rate, Texas is certainly first or close to first in many things. Most of them things I would be ashamed of, but to each his own.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 04:50:59 PM »

What tax cuts? The only tax cuts in recent history currently in effect were signed by Barack Obama.

I never said anything about Obama.  The top tax rate used to be 70% or more, now it isn't.  That's the problem.

Are you referring to prior times when the federal government collected less revenues and spend less money than it did during the Bush administration?

Are you going by absolute numbers? Lol.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 12:06:47 PM »

Good for Rick.  Good for Texas.  Good for Common Sense.

Down here, we don't like using our childrens' credit card to borrow money for handouts.

And yet the state is poor and people are dying and starving.

No, the state is rich and people are dying from being too fat.

On average, the rich aren't usually the ones dying from being too fat. But sure, obesity is one of the things Texas is good at, yes.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies