Rick Perry ‘proudly’ refuses health care to 1.2 million low-income Texans (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:57:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Rick Perry ‘proudly’ refuses health care to 1.2 million low-income Texans (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Will Texas implement the Medicaid expansion in the end?
Yes

Partially

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 40

Author Topic: Rick Perry ‘proudly’ refuses health care to 1.2 million low-income Texans  (Read 4283 times)
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« on: July 09, 2012, 11:28:37 PM »

He's obviously doing his part to close the trillion dollar budget deficit.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 04:17:16 PM »

He's obviously doing his part to close the trillion dollar budget deficit.

You're forgetting that the deficit was caused by tax cuts, krazen.  You would be more accurate to say 'he's doing his part to kill poors in order to maintain privilege' (though to be fair, that is redundant - privilege is always paid for with the death of those beneath you in the hierarchy).

What tax cuts? The only tax cuts in recent history currently in effect were signed by Barack Obama.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 04:46:28 PM »

What tax cuts? The only tax cuts in recent history currently in effect were signed by Barack Obama.

I never said anything about Obama.  The top tax rate used to be 70% or more, now it isn't.  That's the problem.

Are you referring to prior times when the federal government collected less revenues and spend less money than it did during the Bush administration?
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 06:54:52 PM »

I never said anything about Obama.  The top tax rate used to be 70% or more, now it isn't.  That's the problem.

Are you referring to prior times when the federal government collected less revenues and spend less money than it did during the Bush administration?

Are you going by absolute numbers? Lol.

No, as a percentage of gross domestic product. I use the charts here.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/budget/Historicals

For instance, in 1965, federal receipts and outlays were 17% of GDP. I wonder if that is what opebo prefers.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 04:11:33 PM »

Are you going by absolute numbers? Lol.

No, as a percentage of gross domestic product. I use the charts here.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/budget/Historicals

For instance, in 1965, federal receipts and outlays were 17% of GDP. I wonder if that is what opebo prefers.

1965 also saw a very young population and pretty good private-sector welfare with extensive unionization.

That is very true. What 1965 did not see is the revenue structure required to pay for the extensive public-sector welfare system that opebo, Obama, and perhaps you support. Which makes me wonder why one would see such a 1965esque revenue structure.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2013, 09:28:40 AM »

Those types can self-deport to California and take their problems with them.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2013, 12:43:48 PM »

Those types can self-deport to California and take their problems with them.

And therein lies the problem of Federalism. That is no way to run a railroad. We are one nation, and states generating externalities and distortions, and handing out bribes to keep industries and so forth in a race to the bottom in more ways than one, creates economic distortions, and wastes money, by the rail car full.

Incidentally, externalities, distortions, and bribes are commonplace in the Washington DC morass, as unscrupulous individuals dispatch lobbyists to leech money. It is no coincidence that Washington DC borders many of the wealthiest counties in the United States as they serve as breeding grounds for parasites.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies