If you were God... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:06:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  If you were God... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If you were God...  (Read 1466 times)
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« on: July 10, 2012, 05:07:07 PM »

What would I do with my power? I can imagine it going two ways...

1. I'd go mad with it. You puny humans would have little choice but to obey my absurd edicts - you will wear silly hats on Tuesdays because it amuses me, and woe upon you if your hat isn't silly enough. For decades, even centuries I will laugh maniacally every Sunday morning to keep you from sleeping in, only to stop one week to confuse all of you and incite panic that God isn't behaving normally and the end times must be upon you. Dogs and cats will not only live together, but you'll actually be able to hear them plotting against you in the next room. Marmalade shall rain from the sky and the moon will literally be made of cheese! MWAHAHAHAHA! It shall be glorious.

2. I'll not go mad and actually try to do some good. However, I fully expect that I'll give up trying to unf**k this reality and leave to create a new one that's far more interesting instead.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012, 08:02:03 AM »

I know this may sound odd, but why would humanity be of any particular interest to God? There are almost certainly plenty of other interesting critters out there to take interest in and from among their number does anyone here really think our species would seem at all exceptional or worthy of holding the most attention?

Normally a valid question but the question we're answering here is if one of us were God, and since we happen to be human we have an interest in humanity and our answers reflect that.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies