WA-Elway: McKenna (R) with a small lead
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:15:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  WA-Elway: McKenna (R) with a small lead
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WA-Elway: McKenna (R) with a small lead  (Read 760 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 19, 2012, 11:24:00 PM »

42% McKenna
40% Inslee

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/politicsnorthwest/2018464898_elway_poll_gubernatorial_race.html
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 11:50:47 PM »

18% undecided?  ...Junk.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 12:53:46 AM »

PPP had 17% undecideds in their poll out today. My first reaction was to question its credibility, as well, but if you look at the last 5 polls from this race, the average amount of undecideds is about 17%. Neither Inslee nor McKenna have really been able to break out of the low-40s.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2012, 12:56:35 AM »

PPP had 17% undecideds in their poll out today. My first reaction was to question its credibility, as well, but if you look at the last 5 polls from this race, the average amount of undecideds is about 17%. Neither Inslee nor McKenna have really been able to break out of the low-40s.

That is interesting... is it because of lack of recognition, possibly?  I know it's still somewhat early in the campaign, but it's odd to see both candidates consistently poll this way.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2012, 01:13:39 AM »

That is interesting... is it because of lack of recognition, possibly?  I know it's still somewhat early in the campaign, but it's odd to see both candidates consistently poll this way.

I would think McKenna would have better name rec after being elected statewide twice. PPP said that 63% of their undecideds voted for Obama. Hence, I think the issue is that there are a lot of Democrats who haven't made up their minds; they're open to crossing over to McKenna, but don't know enough about Inslee to make a choice.
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2012, 03:28:45 PM »

I would think McKenna would have better name rec after being elected statewide twice. PPP said that 63% of their undecideds voted for Obama. Hence, I think the issue is that there are a lot of Democrats who haven't made up their minds; they're open to crossing over to McKenna, but don't know enough about Inslee to make a choice.

You've hit it on the spot. A lot of democrats don't really care for Inslee, but are unsure whether they would be willing to make the switch to McKenna.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2012, 02:53:28 PM »

The pollster itself is more or less garbage. I wouldn't read too much into it.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies