The direction of the Republican Party if Romney loses (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:53:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  The direction of the Republican Party if Romney loses (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The direction of the Republican Party if Romney loses  (Read 9495 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: July 31, 2012, 06:21:52 PM »

I have to agree with the above comment, it will do nothing but energize the debate and ensure a strong primary season. Personally I would like to see the GOP take a little hint from their conservative bretheren north of the border and drop the hard-line stance on contentious social issues. Making a hoopla over abortion and gay marriage failed the reform party in Canada, and seems equally capable of keeping the GOP from control in Nov. Only when the Conservative Party of Canada dropped those issues from their platform were they able to solidly shift centrist voters to the CPC permanently.

For many conservatives however, that would mean dropping some very important issues. Especially in regards to abortion.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 12:48:03 PM »

They should just nominate Dan Cathy, Chick Fil A CEO, for president in 2016. Judging from all the cars at his restaurants yesterday, he has a lot of support already.

Lol.

But seriously though, as my esteemed colleague Snowstalker pointed out in a chat convo, "If the Democrats survived the Civil War and the Republicans survived the Great Depression..." c'mon. At a point where Republicans control the House of Representatives and their nominee is facing an incumbent, there's no call for saying that the GOP is going to die out.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies