1980: Reagan/Bush (R) vs. Carter/Mondale (D) vs. Anderson/Kennedy (I) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:48:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Past Election What-ifs (US) (Moderator: Dereich)
  1980: Reagan/Bush (R) vs. Carter/Mondale (D) vs. Anderson/Kennedy (I) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 1980: Reagan/Bush (R) vs. Carter/Mondale (D) vs. Anderson/Kennedy (I)  (Read 2440 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: July 15, 2012, 09:02:04 AM »

Kennedy is still so pissed at Carter that he defects to Anderson. With the liberal wings of both parties coming out in full force for the independent ticket and Anderson's newfound polling improvements giving him a chance at taking swing voters and independents, how does the election go?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 08:53:46 PM »

I agree with Mr. Mondale on this one. WV first off was a very Democratic state, and frankly Anderson has little to take away from Carter there. As well, Carter did well in his home state and well relatively in his home region. Minnesota I can see getting lost because (as I recall) it went to Carter by >40% margins, though I'll have to check. As well, I can see Reagan losing Vermont in this scenario, not just lower New England. And surprisingly enough, Anderson got some of his best percentages in states like Colorado, so they may be a bit closer.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies