Conservatives turning against Romney on tax returns
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:33:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Conservatives turning against Romney on tax returns
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Conservatives turning against Romney on tax returns  (Read 3714 times)
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2012, 12:24:24 PM »

This race ended when Obama was forced by his own party to stop attacking rich Wall Street private equity firms and started attacking small business, mom-and-pop shops.  (Did you notice there were no Cory Bookers or Bill Clintons to defend them?)
Please provide a source for your absurd claim that Obama is attacking small businesses.
WhyteRain
Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -2.78

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2012, 12:25:42 PM »

Barack Obama: "We've Given All You People Nothing You Need To Know" About Education Records, Selective Service Records, Social Security Records, Illinois State Senate Records, Fast and Furious Records, etc.

Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2012, 12:30:31 PM »

Romney has a ceiling of 349 and a floor of 147. He's not gonna get a landslide. And obviously Obama hasn't stopped attacking Bain and Bill Clinton has agreed that it is relevant. What mom-and-pop stores did he attack? And all Booker did was burn his bridges within the party and any chance at higher office he had. Christie's gonna burry him in '13 and he won't make it in the primary in '14.
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2012, 12:34:24 PM »

Barack Obama: "We've Given All You People Nothing You Need To Know" About Education Records, Selective Service Records, Social Security Records, Illinois State Senate Records, Fast and Furious Records, etc.

Why do you need to see his education records from the 1980s?  Selective Service records? Now you're just grasping for straws. What social security records do you think you need access to? Illinois Senate voting records are in the public domain and up you can easily get. And if Obama uses executive privilege he's hiding something, but when President Bush does it, it's perfectly fine.
WhyteRain
Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2012, 12:38:51 PM »

This race ended when Obama was forced by his own party to stop attacking rich Wall Street private equity firms and started attacking small business, mom-and-pop shops.  (Did you notice there were no Cory Bookers or Bill Clintons to defend them?)
Please provide a source for your absurd claim that Obama is attacking small businesses.

There are too many sources to list.  I google for "Obama attacks small business" and got 192,000,00 results, so I put the thing in quotes to search for those exact four words in that exact order and got 5,000 results.  Feel free to do the same.

But while suicidal, Obama's attacks on the mom-and-pops are not surprising.  After all, this is the man who says -- out loud -- that the whole point of running the government is to "reward your friends and punish your enemies", and the little people working 60 hours a week just to be their own bosses are certainly not his friends.

Google for "obama reward your friends and punish your enemies".  Don't worry:  It's a long query but Google will complete most of it for you.

If I were still a Democrat, what would bug me is that -- unlike when Obama attacked Wall Street -- I don't see a single Democrat coming out in defense of the little companies.  Does that bother you at all?

WhyteRain
Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2012, 12:42:58 PM »

And if Obama uses executive privilege he's hiding something, but when President Bush does it, it's perfectly fine.

Well, given that Holder offered to cough up the documents in exchange for a "stay out of jail" card -- an offer that was refused, then... uh, yeah, I think there's something damned important he's hiding.  Don't you?

And which invocation of EP by Bush are you referring to?
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2012, 01:01:08 PM »
« Edited: July 19, 2012, 01:02:59 PM by Clinton1996 »

And if Obama uses executive privilege he's hiding something, but when President Bush does it, it's perfectly fine.

Not which invocation, it's which invocationS, as in plural. Here's a few.
George W. Bush invoked executive privilege six times, including to avoid handing over documents to a congressional committee on the FBI’s use of mob informants in Boston, and to deny access to Justice Department correspondence about Clinton’s fundraising tactics.
In 2007, the Bush White House also declined to give Congress documents about the death of Pat Tillman, the football star-turned-Army Ranger, who was killed in Afghanistan. (Sound Familiar?)The military initially said Tillman was killed in a firefight with the enemy, but it was later discovered that he was shot in a friendly fire accident. In refusing to hand over the documents, Bush’s counsel said the documents “implicate Executive Branch confidentiality interests.”
Barely a month later, Bush used the privilege to allow Karl Rove, his senior adviser at the time, to avoid testifying before Congress during its investigation into the firing of nine federal prosecutors, allegedly for partisan reasons.
Check and Mate Whitey.
"The Thing I Like About Republicans; The Evidence Does Not Faze Them, They Are Not Bothered By All The Facts."
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2012, 01:18:04 PM »

Lots of Republicans saying "Obama attacks small business" do not constitute "sources" that Obama has attacked small businesses.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2012, 01:22:07 PM »

If it came out tomorrow that Romney didn't pay taxes a few years, how many Republicans would call on the party to nominate someone else next month?
WhyteRain
Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2012, 01:31:18 PM »

Not which invocation, it's which invocationS, as in plural. Here's a few.
George W. Bush invoked executive privilege six times, including to avoid handing over documents to a congressional committee on the FBI’s use of mob informants in Boston, and to deny access to Justice Department correspondence about Clinton’s fundraising tactics.
In 2007, the Bush White House also declined to give Congress documents about the death of Pat Tillman, the football star-turned-Army Ranger, who was killed in Afghanistan. (Sound Familiar?)The military initially said Tillman was killed in a firefight with the enemy, but it was later discovered that he was shot in a friendly fire accident. In refusing to hand over the documents, Bush’s counsel said the documents “implicate Executive Branch confidentiality interests.”
Barely a month later, Bush used the privilege to allow Karl Rove, his senior adviser at the time, to avoid testifying before Congress during its investigation into the firing of nine federal prosecutors, allegedly for partisan reasons.
Check and Mate Whitey.
"The Thing I Like About Republicans; The Evidence Does Not Faze Them, They Are Not Bothered By All The Facts."

You excluded this:

"Well, given that Holder offered to cough up the documents in exchange for a 'stay out of jail' card -- an offer that was refused, then... uh, yeah, I think there's something damned important he's hiding.  Don't you?"

I have to leave in a minute, so I don't have much time to look at the Tillman EP claims.  On the other hand, IIRC, Bush did permit Rove to testify voluntarily to Congress' questions on the hirings and firings of poltical appointees (to which the question of whether there were political considerations seems self-evident) -- he just wouldn't allow Rove to testify pursuant to a subpoena  because he said that would impair executive decision-making if political advice was subjected to Congressional subpoena.  http://articles.nydailynews.com/2009-07-08/news/17929324_1_rove-prosecutors-firings-testify

On the Tillman matter, I wonder if Bush eventually gave the documents to the Congress because there are these stories from July 27, 2007, that talk about "new documents showing that the Army investigated Tillman's shooting as a possible murder (before concluding it was and accidental friendly fire incident)":  http://www.commondreams.org/archive/2007/07/27/2819
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2012, 01:39:28 PM »

Come on, WhyteRain. I agree with what you're saying, but "many links on google" is not a source. I get 300,000 results when I search "Mexico is in Europe."
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies