Romney backer goes off the rails...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:40:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Romney backer goes off the rails...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Romney backer goes off the rails...  (Read 4275 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2012, 10:14:21 PM »

OK all you accusatory conspiracy theorists, show us ONE piece of hard evidence of your senseless accusations against Romney.

You can't, because none exist.

Well, there is the demonstrable fact that either he or somebody else fudged how long he was at Bain for some odd reason.

I also enjoy the fact that somebody whose display name compares Barack Obama to Richard Nixon is calling others accusatory conspiracy theorists.

Mittens was in Utah running the Olympics rather than "at Bain," and not involved with it, despite apparently holding a title for a period, although I have yet to see a story that clearly explains it. In due course, Mittens will of course. He has to.
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -3.30

P P P
« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2012, 10:35:27 PM »

Obama and the Democrats lied about Romney's time at Bain.

Just ask John King and David Gergen from CNN, two of the most knowledgeable and astute political commentators in America today.

You mean some of the most idiotic establishment politicos? Gotcha.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2012, 10:47:22 PM »

Obama and the Democrats lied about Romney's time at Bain.

Just ask John King and David Gergen from CNN, two of the most knowledgeable and astute political commentators in America today.

You mean some of the most idiotic establishment politicos? Gotcha.

Ya wanna go toe to toe with King or Gergen on political developments?

My friend, they'd eat ya alive.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2012, 11:12:16 PM »

It's kind of funny that the original subject of this thread was Sununu...
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2012, 01:11:58 AM »

David Gergen has admitted himself that he was on Bain's payroll, so his opinion ain't worth much.
BigSkyBob

« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2012, 01:19:52 AM »

"Hiding" money abroad and not reporting the income on your tax returns is fraud. "Depositing" money abroad and reporting the income on your tax returns is not. Do you have any evidence that any money was "hidden?"

Until Romney releases his tax returns, we'll never know, will we? 

I guess I have to explain it to you again: even if Obama Romney published his college transcript, his thesis, his articles in the Harvard Law Review all his tax returns we would only be privy to the monies he "deposited" aboard and dutifully reported on his taxes. We would still be unaware of any money he has "hidden" abroad. If you have any evidence he has "hidden" money abroad by all means post it.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

It makes no sense to say availing to provisions of the tax code constitutes a failure to pay the taxes that would be due if that provision of the tax code did not exist.  It is entirely "legal," "ethical," "fair" and, yes, "American" to deduct your home mortgage interest from your tax returns even if your taxes would be higher if that provision did not exist in the tax codes.

Warren Buffett has repeated claimed that he "should" pay more taxes than are due under the current tax regime. Nevertheless, he continues to minimize his taxes due by availing himself to the current provisions. While his actions are hypocritical as Hell, I don't believe that he is being "unethical," "unfair" or "Un-American."
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies