14 killed in mass shooting at Batman screening
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 12:42:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  14 killed in mass shooting at Batman screening
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: 14 killed in mass shooting at Batman screening  (Read 16785 times)
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: July 24, 2012, 06:53:57 AM »

CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

« Reply #101 on: July 24, 2012, 04:11:39 PM »

Not an expert on guns obviously....but any gun where you are able to shoot off so many rounds in such a short amount of time should not be allowed, yes. So all semi autos I guess. Did the AWB not ban all of them?
The AWB only banned cosmetic things and large (more than 10 rounds) magazines.  While I wouldn't like re-limiting them, I'd be willing to concede it as part of a compromise.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Hunting is easier as you can fire a second shot right away without having to re-aim as much, though bolt action rifles tend to be more accurate.  It doesn't matter, there is no way you are going to ban ALL semiautomatic rifles.  Magazine capacity, sure.  More pointless cosmetic bans/bans on specific weapons, sure.  A general ban on all semi-autos, no chance.

Sorry, but the simple truth of the matter is that detachable magazines are pretty easy to manufacture.  Basically, there just sheet metal and a spring, with the metal bent into correct shapes.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #102 on: July 24, 2012, 04:29:11 PM »

Under the radar, Bale visits the victims on his own:

http://www.tmz.com/2012/07/24/christian-bale-visiting-shooting-victims-in-colorado/
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #103 on: July 24, 2012, 11:57:49 PM »

Not an expert on guns obviously....but any gun where you are able to shoot off so many rounds in such a short amount of time should not be allowed, yes. So all semi autos I guess. Did the AWB not ban all of them?
The AWB only banned cosmetic things and large (more than 10 rounds) magazines.  While I wouldn't like re-limiting them, I'd be willing to concede it as part of a compromise.
Hunting is easier as you can fire a second shot right away without having to re-aim as much, though bolt action rifles tend to be more accurate.  It doesn't matter, there is no way you are going to ban ALL semiautomatic rifles.  Magazine capacity, sure.  More pointless cosmetic bans/bans on specific weapons, sure.  A general ban on all semi-autos, no chance.

Sorry, but the simple truth of the matter is that detachable magazines are pretty easy to manufacture.  Basically, there just sheet metal and a spring, with the metal bent into correct shapes.
Of course, but that doesn't mean there won't be a successful push to ban/restrict them again.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #104 on: July 25, 2012, 03:20:13 PM »

Not exactly the kind of news I want to hear about as someone who works at a theater.

Isn't it funny comparing Romney to a Murderer in your photo?  

Not.

You're not the best when it comes to separating reality from fiction, are you?
WhyteRain
Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -2.78

« Reply #105 on: July 28, 2012, 10:48:30 AM »

Where's the guy with this dumb cartoon on his signature?

He probably doesn't want to read this:

Link
« Reply #106 on: July 28, 2012, 12:59:44 PM »

Where's the guy with this dumb cartoon on his signature?

He probably doesn't want to read this:

Actually I heard he was reading this...

Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #107 on: July 29, 2012, 01:03:25 PM »

Colorado Batman shooting claims its 13th victim

Ashley Moser, 25, was eight weeks pregnant when she was hit once in the stomach and twice in the neck during the mass shooting.

Her six-year-old daughter Veronica Moser was among the 12 people killed and 58 injured when gunman James Holmes opened fire during a screening of Batman film "The Dark Knight Rises" in Aurora, Colorado on July 20.

Miss Moser, who is expected to be paralysed, lost her baby after undergoing surgery related to her injuries.

In a statement her family said: "Ashley is recovering from an additional surgery she had this morning. Tragically, the extreme trauma she sustained also caused a miscarriage.

"We want to send a special thank you to the courageous heroes of law enforcement, other first responders, paramedics, and doctors and nurses who have all gone beyond the call-of-duty in caring for our daughter, granddaughter and all of the other victims of this tragic event.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/9436621/Colorado-Batman-shooting-claims-its-13th-victim.html
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #108 on: August 08, 2012, 06:49:42 PM »

And yet, despite the massacre, most Colorado voters don't favor stricter gun laws on the basis that they would not prevent more gun violence
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies