Ron Paul: I 'Have Not' Decided If I'll Vote for Romney (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:55:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Ron Paul: I 'Have Not' Decided If I'll Vote for Romney (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ron Paul: I 'Have Not' Decided If I'll Vote for Romney  (Read 2167 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: July 21, 2012, 08:26:21 AM »

I feel like Paul will either abstain or ultimately vote for Romney -- since he is an actual member of the Republican Party in spite of some un-Republican views, he clearly understands that the third parties are hopeless (now; there are paths they could take to try to get into a balance-of-power position, but they're stubbornly not taking them) and that the GOP is the lesser of two evils. He lives in Texas, where Romney will win anyway pretty much no matter what, so I think the first is more likely, or I guess maybe a symbolic vote for Johnson.

Paul could help Romney considerably in NV, CO and NH, though. So having not only his endorsement, but active support, could be advantageous to Romney. Especially if Johnson starts to surge in the polls, Romney might consider reaching some sort of deal with Paul on some of the issues we previous discussed a few months ago.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 07:09:05 AM »

What does Romney offer that Bush, Dole, Bush, and McCain didn't? I don't see any reason Paul's logic should have changed unless there's a deal involved.
Rand Paul.

We don't know what Rand Paul's endorsement record is. And Ron Paul has already gone on record saying Romney would need to change his positions on foreign policy and civil liberties to receive his endorsement.

The point is that Paul can no longer go renegade without damaging his son's future politically, now that he is a Senator. The calculus has thus changed somewhat.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies