Florida SUSA: Obama 48 Romney 43 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:58:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  Florida SUSA: Obama 48 Romney 43 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Florida SUSA: Obama 48 Romney 43  (Read 2115 times)
MorningInAmerica
polijunkie3057
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.55, S: 0.52

« on: July 20, 2012, 05:12:48 PM »

Obama's winning 86% of his base while Romney's only winning 81%. Obama is also up 11 points with Indepenents in Florida (which I don't buy).
MorningInAmerica
polijunkie3057
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 05:41:10 PM »

36D/36R/29I for both races.
MorningInAmerica
polijunkie3057
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 09:05:36 PM »

The Bain attacks are working. Smiley

And this comes at a time when Conservative Super PACs are flooding the airwaves with ads.

Florida has minimal Priority USA / Bain advertising. Hopefully they will up the ante so Romney can close the gap.

That's not true, Priorities USA ads play in the Tampa market all the time.

You can both research exactly how much money Crossroads, Priorities USA, Obama, Romney, and every other PAC have spent each week for the last year in all 210 media markets here. Saves a lot of arguing (can't argue with facts): http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/special/politics/track-presidential-campaign-ads-2012/
MorningInAmerica
polijunkie3057
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 10:31:23 PM »

Can you click on individual markets? Doesnt seem to work.

Yes, you can click on each individual market and see that market's cumulative spending, and spending for each week. It works for me. Have no idea why it wouldn't for you. Your flash player up to date?

MorningInAmerica
polijunkie3057
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 10:43:30 PM »

Thanks for this. I can't find a list of the market with the most spent, but I can't find another market that has seen more spending than Tampa. $13.9 million in cumulative spending. The closest I can find is the Cleveland, OH market at $12.3 million.

There are a few glitches with the site. It helps to refresh the page after every action you take. At the very top where it says "Cumulative spending" on the left and "Weekly spending" on the right...this allows you to switch between the two views. On the far left, it will give you the cumulative spending for each candidate and Super Pac. If you switch to "weekly spending mode", click on a candidate/PAC, and the total it spent for last week will appear where the cumulative spending total appeared (right above the map on the left). The orange colored bars above the map allow you to select which week you can view, dating all the way back to November of last year. The site takes a bit of investigating to get use to, but once you get it, it's an incredible resource. They can be somewhat slow to update at times. For example, right now, the most up to date week they have information for is July 2-8, 2012. I'll be surprised if it isn't updated very soon.
MorningInAmerica
polijunkie3057
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2012, 10:50:04 PM »

According to the site, last week the Charlotte, NC market saw the most spending with $939K. Tampa, Florida is second with $817K, followed closely in third by the Cleveland, Ohio market, $813K
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies