Spam (the versatile ham product)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:33:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Spam (the versatile ham product)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Opinion?
FF

HF

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 19

Author Topic: Spam (the versatile ham product)  (Read 1716 times)
angus
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2013, 10:29:46 AM »

add to that a little safron, cumin, and maybe some slivers of prosciuto, and you'll have a fine side dish for any back yard barbeque.

Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2013, 10:40:31 AM »

add to that a little safron, cumin, and maybe some slivers of prosciuto, and you'll have a fine side dish for any back yard barbeque.

I'm inclined to believe Mrs. angus wouldn't put up with it......but damn man, those are great additives.  Smiley
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2013, 11:04:47 AM »

hahaha.  She has been a slave in the kitchen recently.  Trying out all sorts of new things.  Last night was a baked chicken dish with cumin and paprika and cayenne.  The night before involved pork loin with lots of garlic.  We're experimenting with a gluten-free (more honestly, gluten-reduced) diet for the boy, who seems to experience lethargy when he eats copious quantities of things like crusty sourdough batards or spaghetti bolognese.  Luckily, we both like to cook and we have long been in the habit of always buying meat and fresh vegetables, so it's not too big a stretch.

Now, shopping takes up quite a bit of time because she tends to read ingredient labels thoroughly.  I usually take a book.  Just now I'm working on an 800-page volume by Leo Tolstoy.  Spam is actually on her list of approved foods, it's just that I don't much care for it.
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2013, 02:52:55 PM »

I've never eaten it, but based on appearance I imagine it tastes a bit like pork roll Taylor Ham so I don't see why I wouldn't like it.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2013, 02:58:38 PM »

I've never eaten it, but based on appearance I imagine it tastes a bit like pork roll Taylor HamSwift so I don't see why I wouldn't like it.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2013, 03:28:06 PM »

hahaha.  She has been a slave in the kitchen recently.  Trying out all sorts of new things.  Last night was a baked chicken dish with cumin and paprika and cayenne.  The night before involved pork loin with lots of garlic.  We're experimenting with a gluten-free (more honestly, gluten-reduced) diet for the boy, who seems to experience lethargy when he eats copious quantities of things like crusty sourdough batards or spaghetti bolognese.  Luckily, we both like to cook and we have long been in the habit of always buying meat and fresh vegetables, so it's not too big a stretch.

Now, shopping takes up quite a bit of time because she tends to read ingredient labels thoroughly.  I usually take a book.  Just now I'm working on an 800-page volume by Leo Tolstoy.  Spam is actually on her list of approved foods, it's just that I don't much care for it.

You really shelter your kid way too much, Angus.  At this rate, he will be a well adjusted, healthy guy just waiting for someone to tell him what to do.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2013, 06:27:26 AM »

I enjoy spam. I buy it maybe twice a year as I'm the only one who will eat it. Everyone else won't eatit because it looks gross, has a reputation as being for poors (despite being relatively expensive), or because it's extremely fatty and full of sodium. Last time I got turkey spam as it has far less fat but still tastes like.. ham spam.

I typically cut a slice and chuck it in a frying pan to get it nice and brown. Meanwhile I'll toast a poppy seed bagel and spread some butter on it. Spam goes in that along with a fried egg, a slice of realcheddar cheese, and some spicy mustard. Perfect greasy mess to get me through my Sunday morning hangover.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies