What do you call your own ideology? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:10:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What do you call your own ideology? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What do you call your own ideology?  (Read 16231 times)
後援会
koenkai

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -2.52

« on: September 14, 2012, 05:46:34 PM »

A culturally "traditionalist", technocratic communitarian with market liberal tendencies. In general, my personal orientation trends toward collectivism and group action and my general outlook is bureaucratic. At the same time, I accept basic economic truth. There's no difference between denying free trade, denying evolution, and denying gravity.

I generally align with the Republican Party because I view the GOP as the "natural party of government" and the only legitimate major party in American politics. In that the Democratic Party can only gain serious power through collaboration with groups I view as rent-seeking non-state actors (see: union thugs, the higher education cartel, and other rapacious organizations) or through politically motivated central planning that is bad for me (Obama's "we'll reward our friends and punish our enemies").

That and the Democrats seem very culturally hostile to me. I find the social policy of the ascendent single-urban-secular-white-liberal cohort of the Democrats culturally incompatible. I find the very outspoken Judeo-Christian-Western stance of the GOP quite strange and somewhat disagree with it, but it seems like something I can at the very least co-exist with.
後援会
koenkai

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -2.52

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 06:58:06 PM »

Koenkai, are you seriously saying that the Democrats are the more culturally hostile party?

When it comes to my culture, yes. I don't speak for other cultures, nor should I.

Also, are you saying that mega-corporations aren't rent-seeking nonstate actors?

Yes. And they divide up pretty evenly between the two parties anyways.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies