ScottSurveys/Porcupine Poll: Military Force Against Iran
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:08:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  ScottSurveys/Porcupine Poll: Military Force Against Iran
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Do you support Senator Clarence's plan (text below) to authorize military action against Iran?
Yes (Liberal)

No (Liberal)

Yes (Labor)

No (Labor)

Yes (Whig)

No (Whig)

Yes (IB)

No (IB)

Yes (MCPR)

No (MCPR)

Yes (Independent/Other)

No (Independent/Other)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 32

Author Topic: ScottSurveys/Porcupine Poll: Military Force Against Iran  (Read 3130 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 23, 2012, 09:45:18 PM »

Please only participate in this survey if you are a registered voter.  Includes Party ID.

This poll will run for three days.

Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iran Resolution

Whereas- Iran has committed acts of war against our nation such as the taking of hostages

Whereas- Iran has conducted and publicly announced military exercises to simulate and enhance their ability to strike Atlasian military bases in the region

Whereas- Iran has repeatedly threatened acts of war such as closing the Strait of Hormuz and has repeatedly threatened our allies especially Israel

Whereas- Iran is universally recognized as a state sponsor of terror and has been identified as the primary state collaborator of the terrorist organization Hezbollah

Whereas- Iran has attempted to assassinate diplomatic officials to Atlasia

Whereas- Iran lied to the world community regarding its intentions for uranium enrichment, pledging peaceful intentions and later announcing the successful development of a nuclear weapon

Whereas- the world community and Atlasia in particular has no reason to trust the Iranian regime

Be it resolved- the Senate gives the President full authority to initiate and direct military operations against the Islamic Republic of Iran
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 09:48:25 PM »

Of course not.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 09:51:09 PM »

I am sure such talk has the Iranian leaders shaking in their boots... at least President Obama publicly leaves all options on the table. Especially in the fantasy world here where Iran has admitted to developing nuclear weapons- the attitude must not be a knee jerk reaction against conflict with a regime so dangerous as Iran's
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 10:08:07 PM »

What? I never eliminated any of our options.
Redalgo
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2012, 11:01:41 PM »

I do not completely make up my mind on legislation until it has been debated on the floor. At this time my default position on this resolution is, "No (Labor)" though, for whomever wants to know.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 11:20:11 PM »

Very much opposed Angry
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2012, 11:57:56 PM »

Yes (Whig).
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2012, 12:10:49 AM »

I am extremely torn, as I think should be natural. I've not yet made up my mind.

Still, I do find it troubling that our President can so nonchalantly say "of course not," signalling to the world that aggressive countries will go unchecked by Atlasia. Are we not supposed to be a beacon of hope? We should not shrink from our enemies.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2012, 12:14:07 AM »

I am extremely torn, as I think should be natural. I've not yet made up my mind.

Still, I do find it troubling that our President can so nonchalantly say "of course not," signalling to the world that aggressive countries will go unchecked by Atlasia. Are we not supposed to be a beacon of hope? We should not shrink from our enemies.

It is irresponsible to label countries as our enemy. We are not in a state of war.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2012, 12:16:10 AM »

No we aren't--it would seem we are content to wait for war to come to us.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2012, 12:18:18 AM »

Unless there's clear evidence that Iran has developed a nuclear weapon and poses a real threat to the United States, I do not support taking any military action at this time.

And again, I apologize for not including an 'undecided' option.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2012, 12:19:05 AM »

It is irresponsible to label countries as our enemy. We are not in a state of war.
If you read my resolution- it is clear Iran has labeled us as its enemy and we ought to return the favor...

Also Scott- SJoyce informed me that in this fantasy world- Iran HAS developed a nuclear weapon....
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2012, 12:19:35 AM »

No we aren't--it would seem we are content to wait for war to come to us.

Its your party that is trying to start a nuclear war,  not my administration. Iran has done absolutely nothing that would require our military intervention and I am hopeful we can keep it that way. My job is to keep Atlasia safe and I intend to do whatever is necessary. Starting a war with Iran out of paranoia and fear does not contribute to that goal.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2012, 12:22:45 AM »

If you read my resolution- it is clear Iran has labeled us as its enemy and we ought to return the favor...

Also Scott- SJoyce informed me that in this fantasy world- Iran HAS developed a nuclear weapon....

Lol.  I'm still not sure if it's best to rely on the events/fake updates of a game over those in real life when it comes to things like this.  But since no one would actually be going to war... who knows.

By the way, where did he tell you this?  I don't remember seeing that anywhere.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2012, 12:24:19 AM »

Iran having a nuclear weapon would go hand-in-hand with a mushroom cloud over Israel.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2012, 12:25:12 AM »

Iran having a nuclear weapon would go hand-in-hand with a mushroom cloud over Israel.

Actually, I have a feeling they'd attack us first.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2012, 12:31:05 AM »

Lol.  I'm still not sure if it's best to rely on the events/fake updates of a game over those in real life when it comes to things like this.  But since no one would actually be going to war... who knows.

By the way, where did he tell you this?  I don't remember seeing that anywhere.
In my "office"
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2012, 12:41:09 AM »

Then we've got a real predicament on our hands.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2012, 12:43:12 AM »

Then I will be happy to receive your support on this legislation, Scott ;-)
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2012, 12:48:12 AM »

Senator Scott: They have "the bomb" but our intel hasn't discerned wether or not they have ICBM capibility which I'm honestly not sure of yet. Or has the Russians given them an IRBM which could hit Israel. That's why it was vital to have passed the recently defeated treaty with Israel. I may be reluctant to use military force but if Israel gets attacked by a WMD, The offending country's captial will get turned to glass. If they turn one of our cities to glass..... They will cease to exist. God may have mercy but Atlasia likely won't.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2012, 12:48:25 AM »

Wait- when were we attacked?
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2012, 12:51:13 AM »

We haven't been and dont' want to wait to be attacked but rather take action to prevent Iran from attacking us
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2012, 12:55:37 AM »

We haven't been and dont' want to wait to be attacked but rather take action to prevent Iran from attacking us

But are we sure if they're capable of using such a weapon?  JCL says we're uncertain if they have the ICBM capability or not.

And wouldn't going to war with Iran just encourage them to use it against us?
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2012, 12:57:06 AM »

The object military action against them is to prevent them from EVER being capable to use the weapon against us... I don't understand a mentality that wants to wait until the threat is most dangerous before eliminating it
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2012, 01:11:09 AM »

I believe that war must only be taken as a last resort option, and only if we are certain that an attack is imminent.  The international community- including Israel, appears to be cautious of Iran and is prepared in the event of an attack, but do not seem to have taken any military action.

I will wait and see what happens during the time before the resolution hits the floor, but this must be an that issue we approach with great caution.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies