ScottSurveys/Porcupine Poll: Military Force Against Iran (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:53:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  ScottSurveys/Porcupine Poll: Military Force Against Iran (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you support Senator Clarence's plan (text below) to authorize military action against Iran?
Yes (Liberal)

No (Liberal)

Yes (Labor)

No (Labor)

Yes (Whig)

No (Whig)

Yes (IB)

No (IB)

Yes (MCPR)

No (MCPR)

Yes (Independent/Other)

No (Independent/Other)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 32

Author Topic: ScottSurveys/Porcupine Poll: Military Force Against Iran  (Read 3170 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« on: July 23, 2012, 09:45:18 PM »

Please only participate in this survey if you are a registered voter.  Includes Party ID.

This poll will run for three days.

Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iran Resolution

Whereas- Iran has committed acts of war against our nation such as the taking of hostages

Whereas- Iran has conducted and publicly announced military exercises to simulate and enhance their ability to strike Atlasian military bases in the region

Whereas- Iran has repeatedly threatened acts of war such as closing the Strait of Hormuz and has repeatedly threatened our allies especially Israel

Whereas- Iran is universally recognized as a state sponsor of terror and has been identified as the primary state collaborator of the terrorist organization Hezbollah

Whereas- Iran has attempted to assassinate diplomatic officials to Atlasia

Whereas- Iran lied to the world community regarding its intentions for uranium enrichment, pledging peaceful intentions and later announcing the successful development of a nuclear weapon

Whereas- the world community and Atlasia in particular has no reason to trust the Iranian regime

Be it resolved- the Senate gives the President full authority to initiate and direct military operations against the Islamic Republic of Iran
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 12:18:18 AM »

Unless there's clear evidence that Iran has developed a nuclear weapon and poses a real threat to the United States, I do not support taking any military action at this time.

And again, I apologize for not including an 'undecided' option.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 12:22:45 AM »

I am extremely torn, as I think should be natural. I've not yet made up my mind.

Still, I do find it troubling that our President can so nonchalantly say "of course not," signalling to the world that aggressive countries will go unchecked by Atlasia. Are we not supposed to be a beacon of hope? We should not shrink from our enemies.

It is irresponsible to label countries as our enemy. We are not in a state of war.
If you read my resolution- it is clear Iran has labeled us as its enemy and we ought to return the favor...

Also Scott- SJoyce informed me that in this fantasy world- Iran HAS developed a nuclear weapon....

Lol.  I'm still not sure if it's best to rely on the events/fake updates of a game over those in real life when it comes to things like this.  But since no one would actually be going to war... who knows.

By the way, where did he tell you this?  I don't remember seeing that anywhere.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 12:25:12 AM »

I am extremely torn, as I think should be natural. I've not yet made up my mind.

Still, I do find it troubling that our President can so nonchalantly say "of course not," signalling to the world that aggressive countries will go unchecked by Atlasia. Are we not supposed to be a beacon of hope? We should not shrink from our enemies.

It is irresponsible to label countries as our enemy. We are not in a state of war.
If you read my resolution- it is clear Iran has labeled us as its enemy and we ought to return the favor...

Also Scott- SJoyce informed me that in this fantasy world- Iran HAS developed a nuclear weapon....

Iran having a nuclear weapon would go hand-in-hand with a mushroom cloud over Israel.

Actually, I have a feeling they'd attack us first.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 12:48:25 AM »

Iran having a nuclear weapon would go hand-in-hand with a mushroom cloud over Israel.

Then I will be happy to receive your support on this legislation, Scott ;-)

Wait- when were we attacked?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2012, 12:55:37 AM »

Then I will be happy to receive your support on this legislation, Scott ;-)

Wait- when were we attacked?
We haven't been and dont' want to wait to be attacked but rather take action to prevent Iran from attacking us

But are we sure if they're capable of using such a weapon?  JCL says we're uncertain if they have the ICBM capability or not.

And wouldn't going to war with Iran just encourage them to use it against us?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2012, 01:11:09 AM »

I believe that war must only be taken as a last resort option, and only if we are certain that an attack is imminent.  The international community- including Israel, appears to be cautious of Iran and is prepared in the event of an attack, but do not seem to have taken any military action.

I will wait and see what happens during the time before the resolution hits the floor, but this must be an that issue we approach with great caution.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2012, 01:40:53 AM »
« Edited: July 24, 2012, 01:49:17 AM by Senator Scott »

I believe that war must only be taken as a last resort option, and only if we are certain that an attack is imminent.  The international community- including Israel, appears to be cautious of Iran and is prepared in the event of an attack, but do not seem to have taken any military action.

I will wait and see what happens during the time before the resolution hits the floor, but this must be an that issue we approach with great caution.
I understand what you mean and do not mean it personally- but I sure hope no one believes I don't approach an issue such as this without great caution

I never meant to suggest that you don't.  However, I think we'd better see what develops over time before we make the final decision on this.  I look forward to the Senate and committee debates on this.

Lol.  I'm still not sure if it's best to rely on the events/fake updates of a game over those in real life when it comes to things like this.  But since no one would actually be going to war... who knows.

By the way, where did he tell you this?  I don't remember seeing that anywhere.
SJoyceFla mentioned it in several posts in his journal.    
 I would hope the people's representatives are looking at the update threads.    

Many of these entries are two months old.  Forgive me for forgetting once in a while...
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2012, 08:43:57 PM »

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies