ScottSurveys/Porcupine Poll: Military Force Against Iran (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:10:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  ScottSurveys/Porcupine Poll: Military Force Against Iran (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you support Senator Clarence's plan (text below) to authorize military action against Iran?
Yes (Liberal)

No (Liberal)

Yes (Labor)

No (Labor)

Yes (Whig)

No (Whig)

Yes (IB)

No (IB)

Yes (MCPR)

No (MCPR)

Yes (Independent/Other)

No (Independent/Other)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 32

Author Topic: ScottSurveys/Porcupine Poll: Military Force Against Iran  (Read 3186 times)
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« on: July 23, 2012, 09:51:09 PM »

I am sure such talk has the Iranian leaders shaking in their boots... at least President Obama publicly leaves all options on the table. Especially in the fantasy world here where Iran has admitted to developing nuclear weapons- the attitude must not be a knee jerk reaction against conflict with a regime so dangerous as Iran's
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 12:19:05 AM »

I am extremely torn, as I think should be natural. I've not yet made up my mind.

Still, I do find it troubling that our President can so nonchalantly say "of course not," signalling to the world that aggressive countries will go unchecked by Atlasia. Are we not supposed to be a beacon of hope? We should not shrink from our enemies.

It is irresponsible to label countries as our enemy. We are not in a state of war.
If you read my resolution- it is clear Iran has labeled us as its enemy and we ought to return the favor...

Also Scott- SJoyce informed me that in this fantasy world- Iran HAS developed a nuclear weapon....
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 12:31:05 AM »

I am extremely torn, as I think should be natural. I've not yet made up my mind.

Still, I do find it troubling that our President can so nonchalantly say "of course not," signalling to the world that aggressive countries will go unchecked by Atlasia. Are we not supposed to be a beacon of hope? We should not shrink from our enemies.

It is irresponsible to label countries as our enemy. We are not in a state of war.
If you read my resolution- it is clear Iran has labeled us as its enemy and we ought to return the favor...

Also Scott- SJoyce informed me that in this fantasy world- Iran HAS developed a nuclear weapon....

Lol.  I'm still not sure if it's best to rely on the events/fake updates of a game over those in real life when it comes to things like this.  But since no one would actually be going to war... who knows.

By the way, where did he tell you this?  I don't remember seeing that anywhere.
In my "office"
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 12:43:12 AM »

Iran having a nuclear weapon would go hand-in-hand with a mushroom cloud over Israel.

Actually, I have a feeling they'd attack us first.
Then I will be happy to receive your support on this legislation, Scott ;-)
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 12:51:13 AM »

Iran having a nuclear weapon would go hand-in-hand with a mushroom cloud over Israel.

Actually, I have a feeling they'd attack us first.
Then I will be happy to receive your support on this legislation, Scott ;-)

Wait- when were we attacked?
We haven't been and dont' want to wait to be attacked but rather take action to prevent Iran from attacking us
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2012, 12:57:06 AM »

The object military action against them is to prevent them from EVER being capable to use the weapon against us... I don't understand a mentality that wants to wait until the threat is most dangerous before eliminating it
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2012, 01:20:13 AM »

I believe that war must only be taken as a last resort option, and only if we are certain that an attack is imminent.  The international community- including Israel, appears to be cautious of Iran and is prepared in the event of an attack, but do not seem to have taken any military action.

I will wait and see what happens during the time before the resolution hits the floor, but this must be an that issue we approach with great caution.
I understand what you mean and do not mean it personally- but I sure hope no one believes I don't approach an issue such as this without great caution
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies