ScottSurveys/Porcupine Poll: Military Force Against Iran (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:10:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  ScottSurveys/Porcupine Poll: Military Force Against Iran (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you support Senator Clarence's plan (text below) to authorize military action against Iran?
Yes (Liberal)

No (Liberal)

Yes (Labor)

No (Labor)

Yes (Whig)

No (Whig)

Yes (IB)

No (IB)

Yes (MCPR)

No (MCPR)

Yes (Independent/Other)

No (Independent/Other)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 32

Author Topic: ScottSurveys/Porcupine Poll: Military Force Against Iran  (Read 3173 times)
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« on: July 24, 2012, 12:10:49 AM »

I am extremely torn, as I think should be natural. I've not yet made up my mind.

Still, I do find it troubling that our President can so nonchalantly say "of course not," signalling to the world that aggressive countries will go unchecked by Atlasia. Are we not supposed to be a beacon of hope? We should not shrink from our enemies.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 12:16:10 AM »

No we aren't--it would seem we are content to wait for war to come to us.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 12:24:19 AM »

I am extremely torn, as I think should be natural. I've not yet made up my mind.

Still, I do find it troubling that our President can so nonchalantly say "of course not," signalling to the world that aggressive countries will go unchecked by Atlasia. Are we not supposed to be a beacon of hope? We should not shrink from our enemies.

It is irresponsible to label countries as our enemy. We are not in a state of war.
If you read my resolution- it is clear Iran has labeled us as its enemy and we ought to return the favor...

Also Scott- SJoyce informed me that in this fantasy world- Iran HAS developed a nuclear weapon....

Iran having a nuclear weapon would go hand-in-hand with a mushroom cloud over Israel.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 12:41:09 AM »

It is irresponsible to label countries as our enemy. We are not in a state of war.
If you read my resolution- it is clear Iran has labeled us as its enemy and we ought to return the favor...

Also Scott- SJoyce informed me that in this fantasy world- Iran HAS developed a nuclear weapon....

Iran having a nuclear weapon would go hand-in-hand with a mushroom cloud over Israel.

Actually, I have a feeling they'd attack us first.

Then we've got a real predicament on our hands.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 11:08:30 PM »

I've decided to very hesitantly offer my support to Senator clarence on this proposal. The region is too unstable for these kinds of weapons to be in play, and when something terrible innevitably happens, I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I'd known we might have been able to do something to stop it.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2012, 02:12:25 AM »

Yes. Why should I trust the protection of nuclear deterrence when one party exhibits a type of extremism that welcomes martyrdom?

Neutralize the threat.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2012, 12:26:01 PM »

Yes. Why should I trust the protection of nuclear deterrence when one party exhibits a type of extremism that welcomes martyrdom?

Neutralize the threat.

Iran welcomes martyrdom? They've never exhibited anything less than a strong interest in self-preservation that I could see.

I'd say being a state sponsor for terrorism qualifies. Even if, by some stretch, nuclear deterrence would stop the Iranian government from launching nukes, the corruption is such that the weapons could easily fall into less-cautious hands.

Also, the annihilation of Jews should not be seen as mere "self preservation."
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies