I'm back on the Kerry bandwagon
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:03:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  I'm back on the Kerry bandwagon
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: I'm back on the Kerry bandwagon  (Read 14710 times)
Duke Fan
Rookie
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2004, 07:15:02 PM »

CTguy, please stop with the insults. If you want to vent anger please do it somewhere else, this isn't the place for it.

Hahaha, you must have jumped over Mr. Southern White Trash's Zombie comment.  

That was stating a fact, not an insult. You ought to be able to tell the difference between objective criticism and subjective insults with your education.

A statement of fact...  hmm lets see, I have a BA from Yale and a Masters from NYU in Economics.  He is a dirty redneck from the South who makes half what I do...  No he isn't anywhere near as intelligent as me, it was an insult, not fact.  Your comment was an insult to your own intelligence.

I'm a dirty, redneck from the South. Ok, you win
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2004, 07:23:03 PM »

"My nation, right or wrong." -Patrick Henry said that I believe.

1) So the German citizens who didn't oppose the Nazi's can't be blamed ... right?

Sins of the fathers should not be visited against the son.  That's how we get into guilt.  Most Germans in WWII were loyal to their Fatherland, not to the Nazi Party.  As for the Nazis themselves, Oscar Schindler was a member of the Nazi Party, a war profiteer, and a total scumbag, yet he has a tree planted for him along the avenue of the righteous in Israel.  How surreal is that?  Don't start spewing that hate speech against Germans, it's so unsophisticated and uninspired.  Yes, Statesrights is correct.  cannot "blame" the average German for killing millions of Americans, french, russians, unless you actually know one who did.  And I doubt you do!  That'd be like an Iraqi blaming you for killing his brother, know what I mean?

By the way Angus, have you read my apology to you in the London Times thread? Sorry I went off on you like that, but as you know irony doesn't always travel too well on the internet... let's just say you caught me at a bad moment.

These things happen.  This sensitivity is a shortcoming you and I share.  No, I haven't looked at the Times thread, but I'll take a look now.

I guess so. Once again I apologise, I mean apologize for overreacting. But seriously, add a smiley next time. Or provide a free dose of Alprazolam. Either way, suits me fine.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I'll try.

<twitch>
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2004, 07:35:18 PM »

You may rest assured that I'm exactly the sort of fellow who'd share his last alprazolam with you.  (Or Diazepam, in a pinch.)  Sorry for not offering sooner.  Smiley
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2004, 08:29:41 PM »

Duke fan why did you go from Blue to Green? I know a good ole Virginian like yourself wouldn't jump ship from the darkside?!?!?! Wink

And yes CTGuy, I AM a REDNECK and proud of that fact. A redneck is different from white trash. Just like back in the depression a Hobo was different then a bum.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2004, 08:31:36 PM »

Duke fan why did you go from Blue to Green? I know a good ole Virginian like yourself wouldn't jump ship from the darkside?!?!?! Wink

And yes CTGuy, I AM a REDNECK and proud of that fact. A redneck is different from white trash. Just like back in the depression a Hobo was different then a bum.

I think I'm more white trash.  But that's okay, the GOP is a big tent.  Good analogy with the Hobo/bum comment too, Statesrights.  I hadn't thought of it that way.
CTguy

« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2004, 08:32:27 PM »

I'm sure in your own mind you're not white trash...  but then again in your mind 30K a year is a decent salary.
Duke Fan
Rookie
« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2004, 08:38:52 PM »

Im confused
Duke Fan
Rookie
« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2004, 08:39:28 PM »

I'm sure in your own mind you're not white trash...  but then again in your mind 30K a year is a decent salary.

I would rather make 30k in Florida than 500k in Connecticut
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2004, 08:47:24 PM »

30k a year in Florida is equal to 50k a year in Conn. Thats ok though, in another 4-5 years I will be a truck driver for my company making 70k a year.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2004, 11:35:16 PM »

You know, if you're comparing salaries, you're in the same class as the guy making 30K a year, whatever you make.  Working class includes everyone who works my friend, including you.  Oddly enough, however, not me.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #60 on: March 29, 2004, 11:37:35 PM »

Opebo,
As Friedrich Nietzsche might say, "CTguy is dead."  His very existence was anihilated by the ultimate diety, Dave Liep.  No responses are necessary.  
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #61 on: March 29, 2004, 11:39:43 PM »

Opebo,
As Friedrich Nietzsche might say, "CTguy is dead."  His very existence was anihilated by the ultimate diety, Dave Liep.  No responses are necessary.  

Wow - I was not aware of that.  Where did you get this pleasing information?
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #62 on: March 29, 2004, 11:51:27 PM »

well, I was spending my day as usual, being a white-collar working-class schmuck, and decided to post here instead of contributing to the aggregate gdp, whereupon I bore witness to one of the nastiest displays of elitism imaginable.  One minute we're discussing politics, the next, CTguy was hammering away at all Republicans, virginians, floridians, English pseudo-west virginians, and the like.  Calling 'em rednex and such.  Without going into too much sordid detail, lets just say he managed to offend just about every Democrat and Republican on this thread.  The green guys weren't spared either.  Finally Liep comes in and deletes several offending threads and bans his IP address.  I think you might have enjoyed the spectacle.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #63 on: March 29, 2004, 11:53:02 PM »

well, I was spending my day as usual, being a white-collar working-class schmuck, and decided to post here instead of contributing to the aggregate gdp, whereupon I bore witness to one of the nastiest displays of elitism imaginable.  One minute we're discussing politics, the next, CTguy was hammering away at all Republicans, virginians, floridians, English pseudo-west virginians, and the like.  Calling 'em rednex and such.  Without going into too much sordid detail, lets just say he managed to offend just about every Democrat and Republican on this thread.  The green guys weren't spared either.  Finally Liep comes in and deletes several offending threads and bans his IP address.  I think you might have enjoyed the spectacle.

Wow, sorry I missed that.  Btw, I see nothing 'superior' in not working, though I do prefer it Wink
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #64 on: March 29, 2004, 11:53:48 PM »

I also think the "Nobody like CTGuy" threads finally finished it off.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: March 29, 2004, 11:54:58 PM »

This is just to make it a even 700. Everyone check out

www.madblast.com

Go to the Politics section lol what a hoot.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #66 on: August 07, 2005, 09:54:50 AM »

I really miss CTguy.  He really put people from Connecticut in a great light....Smiley
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #67 on: August 07, 2005, 05:21:49 PM »

StateRights must be really bored.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies