I'm back on the Kerry bandwagon
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:57:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  I'm back on the Kerry bandwagon
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: I'm back on the Kerry bandwagon  (Read 14721 times)
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 29, 2004, 04:14:58 PM »

I know, it's silly, but I dug up this old Kerry quote:

"How can you ask another man to die in Vietnam?  How can you ask another man to die for a mistake?  How can you ask a man to die, so President Nixon, and these are his own words, isn't the first president to lose a war?"  -John Kerry, 1971
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2004, 04:16:10 PM »

Welcome back! Smiley Smiley
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2004, 04:16:40 PM »

Good for you.  I was taken aback at your nihilistic post a few days ago.  We may not be voting for the same person, but I, for one, am glad you're voting.

May the better man win.  Smiley
CTguy

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2004, 04:17:08 PM »
« Edited: March 29, 2004, 08:58:00 PM by Dave Leip »

that has been on the news for weeks.  Yeah for people supporting Dean saying  there is no difference between Bush and Kerry that is ...  
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2004, 04:24:49 PM »

"How can you ask another man to die in Vietnam?  How can you ask another man to die for a mistake?  How can you ask a man to die, so President Nixon, and these are his own words, isn't the first president to lose a war?"  -John Kerry, 1971

Welcome back Comrade!
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2004, 04:30:05 PM »

Then Kerry came home and threw his medals in the dirt and basically spit on the Vietnam Vets. What a hero.
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2004, 04:47:24 PM »

I'm happy to have you back MiamiU.  I stayed quiet before respecting your decision but I'm much happier to have you voting with us.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2004, 04:50:27 PM »

Vietnam was Nixon's war to lose?  Please.
Duke Fan
Rookie
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2004, 04:50:30 PM »

Then Kerry came home and threw his medals in the dirt and basically spit on the Vietnam Vets. What a hero.

He only spit on people like you.  But that's a good thing.

The only one who's doing any spitting is CTguy.

Yes, I do spit on trash.

Why isn't this guy banned?

Just like a Republican to want censorship.  Yes you are the kind of person I have referred to in my last few posts.  And it's because I hardly post here.  I am probably going to stop for another 6 months starting now.  Tttyl spitboy.

I just want a friendly enviroment in which to talk politics
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2004, 04:51:10 PM »

He IS a Vietnam Vet.  So you think he spit on himself??  John McCain (the most prominent Republican Vietnam Vet) has publicly referred to Kerry as a friend and even said he would consider taking a VP nom if Kerry offered it.

I'll trust the Vets who actually know the man before I'll trust the GOP spin machine.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2004, 04:53:33 PM »

Have you read his testimony before Congress in 1971? It will open your eyes up. References to soldiers being mostly in it for "rape, pillage and plundering" and that it was "well known and often approved of by officers". Yes I am very proud of his "service".
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2004, 04:54:00 PM »

Actually Nixon said, "I'm not going to be the first American president to lose a war."  Oct, 1969.  Kerry was paraphrasing what Nixon said.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2004, 04:54:32 PM »

StatesRights is the kind of scumbag who has never served in a war who wants to lecture everyone else about war.  Who earns barely over minimum wage and then wants to whine about taxes.  White trash imbecile.

I guess that Yale "education" taught you some manners, huh? Earns barely above minimum wage huh? Yeah 30k a year is barely above minimum wage, lol.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2004, 04:56:07 PM »

Actually Nixon said, "I'm not going to be the first American president to lose a war."  Oct, 1969.  Kerry was paraphrasing what Nixon said.

Their is nothing wrong with that comment. He was trying his damndest not to get defeated and thats OK in my book.
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2004, 04:56:52 PM »

Have you read his testimony before Congress in 1971? It will open your eyes up. References to soldiers being mostly in it for "rape, pillage and plundering" and that it was "well known and often approved of by officers". Yes I am very proud of his "service".

It seems we always come back to this argument.  Are you saying that these things did not happen?  It is well documented that they did and with the full knowledge of superior officers.  Not every soldier did it, but some did.  It is one of the sad by products of war.  Some men act in ways they would otherwise not be able to imagine themselves acting.
CTguy

« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2004, 04:57:32 PM »

StatesRights is the kind of scumbag who has never served in a war who wants to lecture everyone else about war.  Who earns barely over minimum wage and then wants to whine about taxes.  White trash imbecile.

I guess that Yale "education" taught you some manners, huh? Earns barely above minimum wage huh? Yeah 30k a year is barely above minimum wage, lol.

Yeah it barely is relative to what people who actually have a real job earn.  Man you really are pathetic.  I'm just glad that the Republicans are screwing you over by giving tax cuts to people like me and cutting services for you so when you'd old and poor and can't get social security you only have your redneck-ass to blame.
Duke Fan
Rookie
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2004, 04:58:11 PM »

Who do you think you are? You couldn't make it a day in the coast guard
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2004, 04:58:24 PM »

It should come back to this. Some does not equal all. The way he says it makes it sound like it was over 50%. Its as much the truth as all latinos are gangbangers all blacks drugdealers all whites are racists etc.
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2004, 04:59:10 PM »

Their is nothing wrong with that comment. He was trying his damndest not to get defeated and thats OK in my book.

In other words, you would be ok with being asked to die NOT for a just cause ... but just because the commander-in-chief's ego can't take losing?  You would be willing to sacrifice your best friend, your brother, or your son?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2004, 04:59:41 PM »

Yeah it barely is relative to what people who actually have a real job earn.  Man you really are pathetic.  I'm just glad that the Republicans are screwing you over by giving tax cuts to people like me and cutting services for you so when you'd old and poor and can't get social security you only have your redneck-ass to blame.

Hey idiot, I have plenty of money in my 401k. In the future I plan on using social security as just a little extra cash in my pocket. Get a brain and a clue.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2004, 05:01:09 PM »

In other words, you would be ok with being asked to die NOT for a just cause ... but just because the commander-in-chief's ego can't take losing?  You would be willing to sacrifice your best friend, your brother, or your son?

"My nation, right or wrong." -Patrick Henry said that I believe.
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2004, 05:03:19 PM »

"My nation, right or wrong." -Patrick Henry said that I believe.

2 thoughts on that ....

1) So the German citizens who didn't oppose the Nazi's can't be blamed ... right?

2) Nation and President are 2 seperate things.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2004, 05:04:38 PM »

1. Correct
2. President is Commander and Chief of the Army the Army defends the nation.
CTguy

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2004, 05:06:33 PM »

Hey idiot, I have plenty of money in my 401k. In the future I plan on using social security as just a little extra cash in my pocket. Get a brain and a clue.

Yeah did you save it up from your big 30K a year salary.  So I guess you've been working for a while, you must have started below 30K.  Sorry to hear.  I sit around doing practically nothing all day at work and get paid twice that straight out of college.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2004, 05:07:38 PM »

Yeah, and I see you've earned some manners with all that money you make. It doesn't matter bud, when we both die our money will mean the same.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies