Obama doesn't 'get' the UK because he's not white - Romney adviser
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 08:10:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Obama doesn't 'get' the UK because he's not white - Romney adviser
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Obama doesn't 'get' the UK because he's not white - Romney adviser  (Read 10694 times)
You kip if you want to...
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 25, 2012, 06:37:38 AM »

Ahead of meeting fellow rich, out-of-touch, failed businessman right-winger David Cameron:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/mitt-romney/9424524/Mitt-Romney-would-restore-Anglo-Saxon-relations-between-Britain-and-America.html
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 08:17:07 AM »

Where is Mitt picking up these clowns from?
WhyteRain
Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -2.78

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 08:39:53 AM »

The topic title is false. The article -- the first paragraph so I don't really see how it could be missed -- specifically assigns Obama's anti-British attitudes to his "Left-wing" perspective.

In the meanwhile, another Obama surrogate says Romney and his supporters are racist.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/07/24/Obama-Campaign-Spokeswoman-Calls%20Romney-Supporters-Racist

(Don't expect to find that in the MSM.)

I googled for it, just to make sure the MSM was keeping the news suppressed.  http://www.google.com/#q=virginia+state+senator+calls+romney+supporters+racist
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 08:43:26 AM »

The topic title is false. The article -- the first paragraph so I don't really see how it could be missed -- specifically assigns Obama's anti-British attitudes to his "Left-wing" perspective.

In the meanwhile, another Obama surrogate says Romney and his supporters are racist.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/07/24/Obama-Campaign-Spokeswoman-Calls%20Romney-Supporters-Racist

(Don't expect to find that in the MSM.)

I googled for it, just to make sure the MSM was keeping the news suppressed.  http://www.google.com/#q=virginia+state+senator+calls+romney+supporters+racist

Lmao!

If that were the case why use the word Anglo-saxon?

pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 08:44:02 AM »

The irony is that the elder Barack Hussein Obama was very much an Anglophile. Really, so is his on the current US President. The British colonial order succeeded to the extent that it could get the best and Brightest of its colonial empire to appreciate British ways transferable to the colonies -- basically everything but the religion.

Neither British nor American identity is based upon ethnicity -- except to the narrow, nativist Right in both countries.  
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 08:46:14 AM »

The Romney aid is quoted in the OP piece as saying about what Romney believes:

“We are part of an Anglo-Saxon heritage, and he feels that the special relationship is special,” the adviser said of Mr Romney, adding: “The White House didn’t fully appreciate the shared history we have.”

Apart from the lousy semantics of saying that a "special relationship is special," what's the point of focusing on the "shared Anglo-Saxon heritage" that Obama supposedly doesn't bring to the table?
Kalimantan
Indonesia

Political Matrix
E: -3.10, S: -1.74

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2012, 09:01:52 AM »

The advisers spoke on the condition of anonymity because Mr Romney’s campaign requested that they not criticise the President to foreign media.

Brilliant! way to ignore your boss, advisors!
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2012, 09:18:35 AM »

What the hell is it with these people on his campaign? He should have started firing a bunch of people back when they claimed "credit" for turning around Florida openly in the press.
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -3.30

P P P
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2012, 11:48:42 AM »

So even Republican operatives have officially lost their minds...good to know!
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2012, 11:48:51 AM »

lol
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2012, 11:49:10 AM »

Anonymous adviser...haha.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2012, 12:26:06 PM »
« Edited: July 25, 2012, 12:58:41 PM by Torie »

"Anglo Saxon" cuts the Normans (almost all of our legal words are from the French for a reason) and the Celts out of the action.

The headline is quite tendentious and false and misleading of course. Mittens' unnamed "advisors" although getting it wrong technically, were referring to culture of course, not race. Sad.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2012, 12:45:34 PM »

He's an elitist in every way apparently.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2012, 01:14:33 PM »

Anti-British because he's left wing? HA! There are plenty of Tories who are more left wing than Obama is!
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2012, 02:14:04 PM »

I think we should just let the UK vote on who is going to be the next president. What do you think Republicans?

I strongly approve of Obama's decision to remove Churchills bust from the white house. That guy was an ardent racist and colonialist way behind the times. I am always wary of anyone who likes Churchill that much. Especially when it's done "symbolically" as the Romney campaign wants to do. What are they symbolizing? That they are fine with colonialism around the world?
WhyteRain
Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2012, 02:42:39 PM »

I'd like to see the context of the remark, but here it is as quoted:

“We are part of an Anglo-Saxon heritage, and he feels that the special relationship is special,” the adviser said of Mr Romney, adding: “The White House didn’t fully appreciate the shared history we have”.

Obviously the U.S. is "part of the Anglo-Saxon heritage".  What could possibly be even mildly[/b] controversial about that part of the statement?

And the guy didn't say "Obama doesn't appreciate" it; he said "The White House" doesn't.  It's clearly a hit at the whole Obama administration -- which is nearly lily-white -- not just Obama.

This is reminding me of that poor Greek girl who was just kicked out of the Olympics for "racism" because she re-tweeted a joke about how, with all the Africans in town -- remember, Africans are of all races! -- that the mosquitoes in Athens carrying "West Nile virus" (the Nile is a river in Africa) would have some "home-tasting meals".

I just went to go find it because I know the haters here will try to distort it:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2012, 02:58:14 PM »

I'd like to see the context of the remark, but here it is as quoted:

“We are part of an Anglo-Saxon heritage, and he feels that the special relationship is special,” the adviser said of Mr Romney, adding: “The White House didn’t fully appreciate the shared history we have”.

Obviously the U.S. is "part of the Anglo-Saxon heritage".  What could possibly be even mildly[/b] controversial about that part of the statement?

And the guy didn't say "Obama doesn't appreciate" it; he said "The White House" doesn't.  It's clearly a hit at the whole Obama administration -- which is nearly lily-white -- not just Obama.

This is reminding me of that poor Greek girl who was just kicked out of the Olympics for "racism" because she re-tweeted a joke about how, with all the Africans in town -- remember, Africans are of all races! -- that the mosquitoes in Athens carrying "West Nile virus" (the Nile is a river in Africa) would have some "home-tasting meals".

I just went to go find it because I know the haters here will try to distort it:

If that was supposed to be a joke, it wasn't funny. And I should know. In fact I only just recently opened for Jim Gaffigan. But hey, if you know comedy more than I do, please explain to me how that was a joke. I'd like to know.

I could think it being controversial to a good many Normans and Celts who aren't of Anglo-Saxon background. I'm not of Saxon stock, but I do have Norman and Celtic sides in my family. In fact, the Normans displaced the Saxons on the throne well before America was even "discovered". If anything it just points to the fact that someone doesn't know their history.

As for the "special relationship", Its had high and low points depending on how well the President and PM get along. You might be interested to know that the relationship wasn't all that special as recently as the mid-90s because Bill Clinton and John Major hated each other's guts.
WhyteRain
Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2012, 03:01:40 PM »
« Edited: July 25, 2012, 03:04:15 PM by WhyteRain »

The lily-white Obama Administration that doesn't appreciate Great Britain.  They gave him a jacket to cover up his golf shirt and then gave him the back seat -- in the corner, away from the table.

Maybe if he loses, we'll be spared the national embarrassment of a U.S. president not being invited to a royal wedding.

At least he won't give the Queen a DVD player that won't work with British electricity or I-pods that are pre-loaded with his "greatest speeches".

And if Romney visits Britain this year, maybe he won't get the year wrong by ... three years!

Or if Romney delivers a toast, maybe he won't try to talk over the British national anthem.

The easy way to understand Obama -- he really does do all the really stupid things that the MSM zombies only think that Sarah Palin does.
WhyteRain
Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2012, 03:06:11 PM »

The newest sign that America is doomed:

I could think it being controversial to a good many Normans and Celts who aren't of Anglo-Saxon background.

MorningInAmerica
polijunkie3057
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.55, S: 0.52

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2012, 03:23:39 PM »

The easy way to understand Obama -- he really does do all the really stupid things that the MSM zombies only think that Sarah Palin does.

Amen to that!
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2012, 03:25:34 PM »

I think we should just let the UK vote on who is going to be the next president. What do you think Republicans?

I strongly approve of Obama's decision to remove Churchills bust from the white house. That guy was an ardent racist and colonialist way behind the times. I am always wary of anyone who likes Churchill that much. Especially when it's done "symbolically" as the Romney campaign wants to do. What are they symbolizing? That they are fine with colonialism around the world?

Churchill saved Britain from a horrible fate in WWII. That alone makes him a great man in my mind.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2012, 03:30:05 PM »

The lily-white Obama Administration that doesn't appreciate Great Britain.  They gave him a jacket to cover up his golf shirt and then gave him the back seat -- in the corner, away from the table.

You didn't mention that he once cheated at pool in 1998! You must be an Obama supporter!
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2012, 03:37:00 PM »
« Edited: July 25, 2012, 03:40:50 PM by Nathan »

The lily-white Obama Administration that doesn't appreciate Great Britain.  They gave him a jacket to cover up his golf shirt and then gave him the back seat -- in the corner, away from the table.

Maybe if he loses, we'll be spared the national embarrassment of a U.S. president not being invited to a royal wedding.

At least he won't give the Queen a DVD player that won't work with British electricity or I-pods that are pre-loaded with his "greatest speeches".

And if Romney visits Britain this year, maybe he won't get the year wrong by ... three years!

Or if Romney delivers a toast, maybe he won't try to talk over the British national anthem.

Try as I might, I really do not understand the import of this post at all, unless it's not meant to be treated as an organic whole.

Most of it makes sense--it's WhyteRain cherry-picking things that Obama has done wrong in situations involving the British royal family and whining about the 'MSM'--but the first two sentences and first image make the post start off on a somewhat baffling note that just discolors the whole thing.
WhyteRain
Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2012, 03:52:48 PM »

Try as I might, I really do not understand the import of this post at all, unless it's not meant to be treated as an organic whole.

Most of it makes sense--it's WhyteRain cherry-picking things that Obama has done wrong in situations involving the British royal family and whining about the 'MSM'--but the first two sentences and first image make the post start off on a somewhat baffling note that just discolors the whole thing.

I can understand that.

The first part was a follow-up to my description on the previous page of the Obama Administration (like his campaign) as being "almost lily-white".  I thought this picture, being fairly unstaged and showing the most important event involving the Obama White House of his administration would be illustrative of my point.

Then I just thought we needed to compare what a Romney visit to Britain would look like compared to the diplomatic fiascoes of Obama's visits.  Maybe that should have been a separate post.
argentarius
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2012, 03:54:20 PM »

Churchill was pretty brutal towards Ireland but I can still recognise he saved Britain.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies