Obama doesn't 'get' the UK because he's not white - Romney adviser (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:31:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Obama doesn't 'get' the UK because he's not white - Romney adviser (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Obama doesn't 'get' the UK because he's not white - Romney adviser  (Read 10898 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« on: July 25, 2012, 02:14:04 PM »

I think we should just let the UK vote on who is going to be the next president. What do you think Republicans?

I strongly approve of Obama's decision to remove Churchills bust from the white house. That guy was an ardent racist and colonialist way behind the times. I am always wary of anyone who likes Churchill that much. Especially when it's done "symbolically" as the Romney campaign wants to do. What are they symbolizing? That they are fine with colonialism around the world?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 03:54:47 PM »

I think we should just let the UK vote on who is going to be the next president. What do you think Republicans?

I strongly approve of Obama's decision to remove Churchills bust from the white house. That guy was an ardent racist and colonialist way behind the times. I am always wary of anyone who likes Churchill that much. Especially when it's done "symbolically" as the Romney campaign wants to do. What are they symbolizing? That they are fine with colonialism around the world?

Churchill saved Britain from a horrible fate in WWII. That alone makes him a great man in my mind.

Right, and he was a good leader admittedly. But Obama didn't take out his bust for that reason. Churchill also held horrible views which cannot be explained away by the context of the times. Of course I dont know if that is why the bust was removed either. In any case, the bust is not necessary to have a good relation with Britain. As for any slight towards the British, wasn't it mostly towards Brown? Cameron and Obama seem to get along quite well and the British people still love Obama. The only ones complaining are some Republicans, for god knows what motivation......
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 03:56:08 PM »

Churchill was pretty brutal towards Ireland but I can still recognise he saved Britain.

Yup horrible guy, excellent leader. No reason to celebrate him though. If the British want to, they can.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies