Obama doesn't 'get' the UK because he's not white - Romney adviser (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:31:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Obama doesn't 'get' the UK because he's not white - Romney adviser (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Obama doesn't 'get' the UK because he's not white - Romney adviser  (Read 10919 times)
Kalimantan
Indonesia

Political Matrix
E: -3.10, S: -1.74

« on: July 25, 2012, 09:01:52 AM »

The advisers spoke on the condition of anonymity because Mr Romney’s campaign requested that they not criticise the President to foreign media.

Brilliant! way to ignore your boss, advisors!
Kalimantan
Indonesia

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 12:07:47 PM »

The advisers spoke on the condition of anonymity because Mr Romney’s campaign requested that they not criticise the President to foreign media.

That's because President Obama's insanely popular abroad and the GOP name is villianous.

Indonesia

I'm not getting the warm and fuzzy feeling that Obama's "insane popularity overseas" should bring.
[/quote]

The one of your examples that I know about, it is staggering that you of all people would reference a protest by the unpopular and vile FPI as a way to damn Obama
Kalimantan
Indonesia

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 12:14:12 PM »

Then I just thought we needed to compare what a Romney visit to Britain would look like compared to the diplomatic fiascoes of Obama's visits.  Maybe that should have been a separate post.

Highly ironic considering today's events...
Kalimantan
Indonesia

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 12:35:07 PM »

Then I just thought we needed to compare what a Romney visit to Britain would look like compared to the diplomatic fiascoes of Obama's visits.  Maybe that should have been a separate post.

Hmmm ...

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Oh, it sounds like he farted in a crowded elevator, doesn't it!

But then we read what he, you know, actually said:

A GOP candidate makes some remarks which are as factual as they are innocuous and the press misrepresents them?  Maybe the British don't have the experience with this common tactic that Americans do.

Well, the British media is awash with Romney's comments, Cameron's cutting response and Romney's numerous apologies, so 'diplomatic fiasco'? Pretty much.
Kalimantan
Indonesia

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2012, 07:47:23 PM »

Then I just thought we needed to compare what a Romney visit to Britain would look like compared to the diplomatic fiascoes of Obama's visits.  Maybe that should have been a separate post.

Hmmm ...

Oh, it sounds like he farted in a crowded elevator, doesn't it!

But then we read what he, you know, actually said:

A GOP candidate makes some remarks which are as factual as they are innocuous and the press misrepresents them?  Maybe the British don't have the experience with this common tactic that Americans do.

Well, the British media is awash with Romney's comments, Cameron's cutting response and Romney's numerous apologies, so 'diplomatic fiasco'? Pretty much.

As I pointed out, Romney said things that were neither untrue nor idiotic but Leftists are pretending that he did -- even forcing "conservatives" to react.  It reminds one of how John McCain was recently called a "numb nuts" for going berzerk on the Senate floor about Michelle Bachmann without having read the letters that she (and other GOP congresspersons) actually wrote.

You see, the Leftists that control most of the news media -- well, most of all media actually -- have a meme:

1.  Everything a conservative says is stupid.
2.  Therefore, if a conservative says anything, it's stupid.

I see there's even a new thread dedicated to proving me right on this one.

No, you're not right. For starters the more powerful media over there is right, not left, but that's irrelevant in this case. He's said something that hurts national pride, and that's all that matters
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies