PA: Public Policy Polling: Obama on top by six
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:03:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  PA: Public Policy Polling: Obama on top by six
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: PA: Public Policy Polling: Obama on top by six  (Read 3437 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2012, 12:01:30 PM »

Oh hoo, I'll bet.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2012, 04:22:43 PM »

Prosaic.  My description or the neighborhood?  Probably both.  Fair enough.

Well, we're stuck here for 12 months, because of a lease, but I'm not sure we'll stay in MT after our lease is up.  I'm not crazy about the apartment, but I really like the location.  My son's new music school is about 500 meters west, so we can walk to his piano lessons.  Well, okay, by car it's about a mile and a half, but as the crow flies it's less than a quarter of that, so last week my son and I took a hacksaw and wirecutters and discreetly created a more direct route.  Now we can walk there in a matter of minutes.  And there's a Wal-mart about a mile away.  I cycle there often.  There are two big supermarkets (Giant and Weis, which seem to be the two big chains hereabouts) nearby.  One is 700 meters south and the other is about the same distance in the other direction.  There are some good bicycle trails near here, and a two playgrounds within walking distance.  There's also a booze store less than a mile away.  This may not sound like a big deal if you're living in Iowa or California, where you can buy all manner of booze at any supermarket, Wal-mart, or Convenience store at any time, night or day, but here in the Keystone State the sale of alcohol is strictly regulated.  Another big lobby in the state lege, I suppose.  Somebody's making a killing and doesn't want to give it up, I think.  Anyway, as luck would have it there's a huge wine/beer/liquor store next to the Giant supermarket that's open till 10 six days a week and till 5 on Sundays.  Not bad, really.  Most times it occurs to me to buy liquor long before 10 so the odd hours aren't a problem.  Sometimes on Sundays I have to make myself remember that it's Sunday so if I want a bottle of wine with dinner I have to be out the door and on my way there by 4:50.

On a brighter note, we did get an offer on our house.  They have signed the contract and want to take possession on September 15, so September 1st will the last day I have to pay both a mortgage and a rent.  We're getting about 10K less than we paid for it, and about 9K less than we were asking, but it's a reasonable price.  Enough to pay off the mortgage and pay the realtor her cut and still have about 85K left over.  It will be a huge relief to get rid of a property a thousand miles from here, and one that I'll probably never walk in or even see ever again in my life. 
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2012, 05:20:16 PM »

I was in that very booze store myself, Angus. I know it well. Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to: