Can Romney Get Aything Done (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:21:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Can Romney Get Aything Done (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Can Romney Get Aything Done  (Read 3727 times)
stegosaurus
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 1.83

« on: July 27, 2012, 12:30:50 PM »

In the unlikely event that Romney wins the 2012 election, I will have my popcorn ready for the debt ceiling fight in 2013. Prepare to watch the GOP rip its self apart, Romney is not the type of man that can unite the paranoid lunatics with the beholden, it should be a debacle of enormous proportions.
stegosaurus
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 02:35:16 PM »

In the unlikely event that Romney wins the 2012 election, I will have my popcorn ready for the debt ceiling fight in 2013. Prepare to watch the GOP rip its self apart, Romney is not the type of man that can unite the paranoid lunatics with the beholden, it should be a debacle of enormous proportions.

That's one bad ass name but why so grim?

Thank you, I'm a dinophile. Tongue

I'm grim because I'm a realist. Romney has failed to unite the warring factions of the GOP behind his candidacy to replace a President they loathe; why should I believe that he can get the party to work together on something as difficult and politically challenging as spending? The next 4 years are stacked against whoever wins this election; the dark parts of my political conscience would rather it be the Democrats problem.
stegosaurus
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 03:13:07 PM »
« Edited: July 28, 2012, 11:48:31 AM by stegosaurus »

That's one bad ass name but why so grim?

Thank you, I'm a dinophile. Tongue

I'm grim because I'm a realist. Romney has failed to unite the warring factions of the GOP behind his candidacy to replace a President they loathe; why should I believe that he can get the party to work together on something as difficult and politically challenging as spending? The next 4 years are stacked against whoever wins this election; the dark parts of my political conscience would rather it be the Democrats problem.

I don't think our party needs to be united to vote though. We turned out for McCain. It's all about selling himself to independents and how things go for Obama in the next few months. With two conventions, 3 debates, and Labor Day coming alot can happen.

I'm not saying Romney can't win the election (though if I were a betting man my money would be on Obama), he can. More importantly though, I don't know how Romney intends to bring the GOP together to enact his agenda (the tea party/establishment split is a very real thing), let alone convince Democrats to come aboard. The next four years are nothing to be excited about politically, regardless of who wins this election. Our political infrastructure is approaching a massive turning point, one that will not be kind to either party.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies