Another Black District on Verge of Regressing (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:35:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Another Black District on Verge of Regressing (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Another Black District on Verge of Regressing  (Read 1227 times)
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« on: July 27, 2012, 12:30:33 PM »

I do wish, at least for the sake of Ohio maps, that districts in the upper-40s in black VAP could be assumed protected under the VRA. Mainly I'm just sick of looking at that hideous Cleveland-to-Akron thing that was drawn to stop a lawsuit.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 12:47:07 PM »

I do wish, at least for the sake of Ohio maps, that districts in the upper-40s in black VAP could be assumed protected under the VRA. Mainly I'm just sick of looking at that hideous Cleveland-to-Akron thing that was drawn to stop a lawsuit.

Dennis in 2014!

I don't think the Cleveland to Akron thing was required by the VRA. It was merely not prohibited by it.

It wasn't technically required but it was effectively required because if it was not drawn, the Republican map-drawers would likely face a lawsuit from civil rights organizations and risk having their map thrown out.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies