Official Chick-fil-A Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:03:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Official Chick-fil-A Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9
Author Topic: Official Chick-fil-A Thread  (Read 33200 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: August 01, 2012, 06:43:37 PM »

Guys, leave krazey alone.  If people want to eat disgusting junk food and support appalling bigotry at the same time, that's their right.  USA!  USA!  USA!
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #101 on: August 01, 2012, 06:45:01 PM »

I don't recall actually wishing anything on someone, but hey, that's your own interpretation.

Feel free to reject the graph, though.  It's not the first time you've shot down statistics not in your favor. Smiley

Oh I shall. Seeing is believing. I thank you for mobilizing the people.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/45-photos-of-insanely-long-lines-for-chick-fil-a-appreciation-day/article/2503792&rct=j&sa=X&ei=M7YZUOf7M7LF0AGM-ICAAw&ved=0CGUQ-AsoATAI&q=chick+fil+a&usg=AFQjCNFtfnr0xnXsn3zIjrOMXoA4Eg84Dg

Photos?  That's all you have?  Meaningless.

I suppose I can understand why you don't like reading the numbers, though.  Math teachers are bad, right?

But really, even if the boycotts were meaningless, what does that say?  I could put a huge swastika sign outside of a McDonalds, and people would still eat there.  People tend to think with their stomachs, not with their values.  And you don't have to drive around much to see that.  

So the fact that there's a national 'Stuff Your Face' Day for means of political protest isn't very surprising.

No, I like numbers. I just laugh at how some think that such numbers particularly matter, especially given that Chick Fil A is not a national chain. They certainly have expressed no desire to go to, say, Connecticut, to my knowledge.

Here are some numbers for you.

http://www.qsrmagazine.com/reports/qsr50-2012-top-50-chart?sort=avg_sales&dir=asc
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #102 on: August 01, 2012, 06:53:02 PM »

I don't recall actually wishing anything on someone, but hey, that's your own interpretation.

Feel free to reject the graph, though.  It's not the first time you've shot down statistics not in your favor. Smiley

http://washingtonexaminer.com/45-photos-of-insanely-long-lines-for-chick-fil-a-appreciation-day/article/2503792&rct=j&sa=X&ei=M7YZUOf7M7LF0AGM-ICAAw&ved=0CGUQ-AsoATAI&q=chick+fil+a&usg=AFQjCNFtfnr0xnXsn3zIjrOMXoA4Eg84Dg

I suppose I can understand why you don't like reading the numbers, though.  Math teachers are bad, right?

But really, even if the boycotts were meaningless, what does that say?  I could put a huge swastika sign outside of a McDonalds, and people would still eat there.  People tend to think with their stomachs, not with their values.  And you don't have to drive around much to see that.  

So the fact that there's a national 'Stuff Your Face' Day for means of political protest isn't very surprising.

No, I like numbers. I just laugh at how some think that such numbers particularly matter, especially given that Chick Fil A is not a national chain. They certainly have expressed no desire to go to, say, Connecticut, to my knowledge.

Here are some numbers for you.

http://www.qsrmagazine.com/reports/qsr50-2012-top-50-chart?sort=avg_sales&dir=asc

I'm willing to bet that at least half those people didn't know what they stood for on this issue before that interview.  That's why they've lost business as a result and had to have a bunch of teabagger talkshow trash bail them out.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #103 on: August 01, 2012, 06:56:21 PM »

I'm willing to bet that at least half those people didn't know what they stood for on this issue before that interview.  That's why they've lost business as a result and had to have a bunch of teabagger talkshow trash bail them out.

I suppose I can understand why you don't like reading the numbers. This is really fun for me watching you just make stuff up.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #104 on: August 01, 2012, 06:58:46 PM »

I suppose I can understand why you don't like reading the numbers. This is really fun for me watching you just make stuff up.

People don't like doing their research and would rather think with their stomachs.  You don't need numbers to figure that out.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #105 on: August 01, 2012, 07:04:35 PM »

People don't like doing their research and would rather think with their stomachs.  You don't need numbers to figure that out.

I agree with that. They've been a growing franchise for a decade by providing good service and a good price, and now, thanks to the oppressive left, have free publicity. I don't believe they got there by calling people names; I suspect they leave that to you.

Of course, if people did the research, well, landslide majorities of the public has agreed with Chick Fil A in the jurisdictions in which they are located. I'm sorry you don't like those numbers either.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #106 on: August 01, 2012, 07:09:57 PM »

I've never liked when companies get involved in political debates. That being said, they have the right to do so, but they also have to be willing to take the heat if they do. If people want to boycott Chick-Fil-A for their stances on gay marriage, Chick-Fil-A should've seen that coming. But on the other hand, cities and people trying to block restaurants from opening based on that go too far.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #107 on: August 01, 2012, 07:41:01 PM »

Yup, business is booming!

I wonder if there was a weird salmonella breakout recently.  Boy, wouldn't that make headlines..

Hey, someone made up a graph on the internet

You know, saying that a graph is just made up when it clearly shows the source the graph came from without verifying whether the source is reputable or not is kind of dumb. In this case the source is a well known marketing research agency.

http://www.brandindex.com/article/chick-fil-takes-hit-fast-food-eaters
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #108 on: August 01, 2012, 07:56:57 PM »

I wonder if there was a weird salmonella breakout recently.  Boy, wouldn't that make headlines..

I'd be interested to see what's happened in the last week.  Have the pro-CFA people made a difference or have they not  really made a dent?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #109 on: August 01, 2012, 07:59:42 PM »

I'd be interested to see what's happened in the last week.  Have the pro-CFA people made a difference or have they not  really made a dent?

What do you mean?  According to the graphic, they lost business.

Also, for those who think it's exclusively anti-gay people that went to these shops today-

This was on Facebook.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #110 on: August 01, 2012, 08:14:14 PM »

Actually the graph only shows public perception - it doesn't state anything about how much business they did. Their public perception could be down but business could be up if their supporters started going more frequently.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #111 on: August 01, 2012, 08:21:34 PM »

Actually the graph only shows public perception - it doesn't state anything about how much business they did. Their public perception could be down but business could be up if their supporters started going more frequently.

Ah.  Well, it seems that could have one of two effects- either their supporters will buy there more frequently or the negative public perception will drive away would-be customers.  Conventional wisdom is that the latter will happen, but I guess it all depends.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #112 on: August 01, 2012, 08:27:28 PM »

I mean, I want to see what's happened in the last week.  That graph is a week old.  It seems like the pro-CFA people lagged behind the anti-CFA people.

And Dibble, is that graph an indicator of their impression or some sort of index of visits?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #113 on: August 01, 2012, 08:43:51 PM »

I mean, I want to see what's happened in the last week.  That graph is a week old.  It seems like the pro-CFA people lagged behind the anti-CFA people.

And Dibble, is that graph an indicator of their impression or some sort of index of visits?

Oh, that I'm not sure about.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #114 on: August 01, 2012, 08:59:02 PM »

Since when did you start using clarence's image collection?
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #115 on: August 01, 2012, 11:13:19 PM »

I agree with that. They've been a growing franchise for a decade by providing good service and a good price, and now, thanks to the oppressive left, have free publicity. I don't believe they got there by calling people names; I suspect they leave that to you.

Of course, if people did the research, well, landslide majorities of the public has agreed with Chick Fil A in the jurisdictions in which they are located. I'm sorry you don't like those numbers either.

As always, you have a really weird definition of 'landslide' and a weirder inability to distinguish between past, present, and future, but that's not really what I'm interested in right now. I'm interested in what sense you mean the word 'service' in '[Chick-fil-A] provid[es] good service'.

How exactly is the left being more 'oppressive' than the people supported and donated to by the good people at Chick-fil-A on this complex of issues? Are you really that offended by boycotts and disapprobation from public officials?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #116 on: August 01, 2012, 11:23:37 PM »

Why is this thread 8 pages long?
Vote UKIP!
MasterSanders
United States

« Reply #117 on: August 01, 2012, 11:57:44 PM »

I ate at Chick-fil-A twice today: for breakfast and for dinner. For the latter, my family arrived at 8:50 and received our food at the end of the drive through at 10:15. The place was packed, and the lines were long. I don't believe any single restaurant chain has made the kind of profit they had made in a single day.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #118 on: August 01, 2012, 11:58:21 PM »
« Edited: August 02, 2012, 01:42:50 AM by Nathan »

You know, we don't really have many Chick-fil-A joints in the Northeast, but we do have KFC, which, while similarly unhealthy, is politically a bit more...

...palatable.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #119 on: August 02, 2012, 01:40:32 AM »

I also saw on the local NBC News today the huge lines to go get Chick-fil-a today.  How unbelievably uninformed.  They aren't going to show their proud defense of free speech.  They are going because of the issue at hand. 

We are not against Chick-fil-a because of the owners stance on gay marriage.  We don't like them because they donate to HATE GROUPS.  End of story. 
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #120 on: August 02, 2012, 04:36:28 AM »

I believe in their right to free speech, and I also believe in the rights of city governments to deny them planning permission.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #121 on: August 02, 2012, 08:11:07 AM »

Ah.  Well, it seems that could have one of two effects- either their supporters will buy there more frequently or the negative public perception will drive away would-be customers.  Conventional wisdom is that the latter will happen, but I guess it all depends.

If I had to guess they might get a temporary spike from the supporters, but they'll likely go back to normal habits after a while. I think the people against them are more likely to be able to sustain a long term change in behavior.

The methodology is explained in this article:
http://www.brandindex.com/article/chick-fil-takes-hit-fast-food-eaters
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #122 on: August 02, 2012, 08:45:40 AM »

If I had to guess they might get a temporary spike from the supporters, but they'll likely go back to normal habits after a while.

For these types of people, eating disgusting junk food is a 'normal habit'.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #123 on: August 02, 2012, 09:46:44 AM »

If I had to guess they might get a temporary spike from the supporters, but they'll likely go back to normal habits after a while.

For these types of people, eating disgusting junk food is a 'normal habit'.

Yes, but most of them probably don't eat at the same fast food joint every day. Having worked at a Burger King I know there are those who do, but most people who currently don't eat at Chick-fil-A aren't likely to make it a permanent habit just because they support their political stance.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #124 on: August 02, 2012, 09:50:22 AM »

Care to guess how many millions of dollars in advertising these guys got for free?  Countless. 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies