Official Chick-fil-A Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:05:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Official Chick-fil-A Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Official Chick-fil-A Thread  (Read 33477 times)
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: July 31, 2012, 11:28:20 PM »

http://www.sfgate.com/business/bloomberg/article/Hidden-Chick-fil-A-Billionaires-Hatched-as-3750621.php

Chick-fil-A generated $492 million in earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortization on revenue of $1.12 billion in 2011, the PrivCo report said. It added that the company’s 44 percent Ebitda margin was “virtually unheard of in the restaurant industry.”

The chain has the biggest sales per unit in fast-food, according to QSR Magazine. In 2011, the company generated gross sales of $2.9 million per location, outpacing the average unit sales of runner-up McDonald’s Corp. by $400,000, the magazine said in its August 2012 issue.

These men are quite accomplished and living the American Dream. Kudos.

America can certainly use more job creators and less whiners.

To some people there are things more important than accumulation of profit. I don't understand what you think this proves.

Don't even try to debate with this person, he seems to be a deluded child. 
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 01:40:32 AM »

I also saw on the local NBC News today the huge lines to go get Chick-fil-a today.  How unbelievably uninformed.  They aren't going to show their proud defense of free speech.  They are going because of the issue at hand. 

We are not against Chick-fil-a because of the owners stance on gay marriage.  We don't like them because they donate to HATE GROUPS.  End of story. 
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 03:10:18 PM »

Here ya go, conservatives.  Your crowd. 

Lovely people. 
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, 03:12:10 PM »

I understand that it boils down to people arguing over a fast food joint, and that can seem insanely trivial, but the reason myself and a lot of other people are pissed off is...

1) we knew they were a Christian company, we did not know they donated money to the Family Research Council and their ilk.  (I personally used to go there all the time knowing the operators were devout Christians.  I like their spicy chicken sandwiches.  Knowing now that some of my hard-earned money is going to find its way into the pockets of the FRC?  Heh... not so much.)

and later on...

2) that conservative talking heads encouraged thousands of people to show up at the restaurants to take a public shot at gays.  Free speech and traditional values, my ass.  This crowd takes a shot at the LBGT community every chance they get. 

it's not the issue in and of itself; it's that it reflects very poorly on our society and a large segment of it.  Fortunately, as a previous poster said, this issue is a massive win for the left in America down the line. 

HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 01:52:42 PM »

Now that this kerfuffle is over can we go back to hating Wal-Mart and the Dollar Store?

never stopped ; )
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies