Official Chick-fil-A Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:27:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Official Chick-fil-A Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Official Chick-fil-A Thread  (Read 33515 times)
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« on: August 02, 2012, 06:45:36 PM »

Went to Chick-Fil-A today and it was PACKED. It was awesome.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 11:10:29 AM »

How is supporting traditional values homophobic? I'm sick of seeing that term thrown around and misused so often. Supporting 1 man 1 woman marriage =/= hating the gays. Get over it.

This coming from a fervent gay rights supporter.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 10:03:25 PM »

How is supporting traditional values homophobic? I'm sick of seeing that term thrown around and misused so often. Supporting 1 man 1 woman marriage =/= hating the gays. Get over it.

This coming from a fervent gay rights supporter.

You're using boilerplate Republican lingo, are we to assume you'll soon be talking about "preserving traditional marriage" and so on?

Absolutely not, but I'm defending people's right to hold "traditional" values. Do I think they're wrong? Totally. I believe marriage should indeed be between two people who love each other, regardless of gender. Straight people have so thoroughly f**ked up the "institution of marriage" that I say give the gays a shot to prove everyone wrong. On the other hand, this is America and everyone is entitled to their opinion, regardless of how stupid I think it is. Just because Dan Cathy opposes gay marriage does not mean you should boycott his company. Boycott him, protest him, call him an idiot, do not take it out on his employees. Not everyone who works at Chick-Fil-A is a Christian, nor are they all supporters of "traditional" marriage. Let's face it: Christianity is the dominant religion in America and a lot of Christians support 1 man 1 woman marriages, that does not mean they're homophobes, it means they care greatly about their religion and want to have society reflect those values. Again, I think they're 100% wrong and I believe religion and politics should not be mixed, as it only leads to flamewars and unnecessary bickering, but I believe they are entitled to that opinion. Freedom is for all, no matter how stupid the person is in my opinion. I absolutely believe that the Westboro Baptist Church should be allowed to do their protests and whatnot. Let them make fools of themselves, don't ban their right to do so. But that's just my two sense.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2012, 09:58:27 AM »

To be honest, I don't really care if a business supports or opposes gay marriage, if they make a product I like, I will buy it and continue buying it. If a group of gay marriage opponents decided to boycott a pro-gay rights company, I would specifically go out and purchase from that company that is being boycotted. For the same reason that I bought from Chick-Fil-A: because I support free speech.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2012, 12:19:20 PM »

Surely you don't seriously believe that a company's freedom of speech is stifled if some people choose not to buy it's products.

Absolutely not.

To be honest, I don't really care if a business supports or opposes gay marriage, if they make a product I like, I will buy it and continue buying it. If a group of gay marriage opponents decided to boycott a pro-gay rights company, I would specifically go out and purchase from that company that is being boycotted. For the same reason that I bought from Chick-Fil-A: because I support free speech.

But that's already been happening. Quite alot actually. Never heard anything from you or any of the other 'free speech' crowd about actively helping those companies. Just this one.

I purchase from Target regularly, I use Twitter, Facebook, Apple products regularly, I think I give more time and money to pro-gay companies than anti-gay groups. You're right regarding the free speech crowd, but I can't speak on behalf of them, only myself.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2012, 06:44:50 PM »

I think KFC is way overrated. The biscuits are to die for though.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies