Official Chick-fil-A Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:55:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Official Chick-fil-A Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Official Chick-fil-A Thread  (Read 33482 times)
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« on: July 27, 2012, 02:15:09 PM »

Chick'fila is a growing franchise that creates jobs. How amazing that some radicals would try to bash a good business.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 02:37:36 PM »

Chick'fila is a growing franchise that creates jobs. How amazing that some radicals would try to bash a good business.

Menino is hardly 'radical'. He basically is the Establishment in Boston.

Regardless of one's opinions on the particular happenstance here, I would hope you would agree in principle that there are values more important than being or supporting 'a growing franchise that creates jobs'?

Yes, I suppose that is true for the individual. I would think that it be prudent for a mayor of Boston to let the 600,000 people of Boston figure that out for themselves as Chick'Fil'A has not been accused of violating any discrimination law. Indeed, it would be quite clever of them to let Chick'Fila enter Boston and them expose themselves to a financial loss due to not having customers!

Unless of course, the people of Boston like Spicy Chicken.

krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 05:03:51 PM »

Menino is hardly 'radical'. He basically is the Establishment in Boston.

Regardless of one's opinions on the particular happenstance here, I would hope you would agree in principle that there are values more important than being or supporting 'a growing franchise that creates jobs'?

Yes, I suppose that is true for the individual. I would think that it be prudent for a mayor of Boston to let the 600,000 people of Boston figure that out for themselves as Chick'Fil'A has not been accused of violating any discrimination law. Indeed, it would be quite clever of them to let Chick'Fila enter Boston and them expose themselves to a financial loss due to not having customers!

Unless of course, the people of Boston like Spicy Chicken.

The people of Boston like Thomas Menino.

That's true. And they might like spicy chicken too. Such things are not mutually exclusive.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 02:51:11 PM »

http://www.sfgate.com/business/bloomberg/article/Hidden-Chick-fil-A-Billionaires-Hatched-as-3750621.php

Chick-fil-A generated $492 million in earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortization on revenue of $1.12 billion in 2011, the PrivCo report said. It added that the company’s 44 percent Ebitda margin was “virtually unheard of in the restaurant industry.”

The chain has the biggest sales per unit in fast-food, according to QSR Magazine. In 2011, the company generated gross sales of $2.9 million per location, outpacing the average unit sales of runner-up McDonald’s Corp. by $400,000, the magazine said in its August 2012 issue.

These men are quite accomplished and living the American Dream. Kudos.

America can certainly use more job creators and less whiners.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 06:27:55 PM »

http://www.sfgate.com/business/bloomberg/article/Hidden-Chick-fil-A-Billionaires-Hatched-as-3750621.php

Chick-fil-A generated $492 million in earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortization on revenue of $1.12 billion in 2011, the PrivCo report said. It added that the company’s 44 percent Ebitda margin was “virtually unheard of in the restaurant industry.”

The chain has the biggest sales per unit in fast-food, according to QSR Magazine. In 2011, the company generated gross sales of $2.9 million per location, outpacing the average unit sales of runner-up McDonald’s Corp. by $400,000, the magazine said in its August 2012 issue.

These men are quite accomplished and living the American Dream. Kudos.

America can certainly use more job creators and less whiners.

To some people there are things more important than accumulation of profit. I don't understand what you think this proves.

I merely make some observations of the successful American business of American values; namely, success in the free market. I suspect they will use this amusing course of events to further their business.

Incidentally, the man who said this was not subject to exile from Chicago.

“I believe that marriage is the union between a man and a woman. For me as a Christian, it’s also a sacred union. God’s in the mix.”
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2012, 05:25:02 PM »
« Edited: August 01, 2012, 05:31:52 PM by krazen1211 »

You appear to be restricting American values to the definition 'success in the free market'. I don't think that's all that American values are. I think they're other things as well.

Bear in mind that the particular chain of 'restaurants' we're talking about operates primarily (although not exclusively) in geographical areas and along cultural lines where these sorts of shenanigans help them. Others don't.

I'm well aware of President Obama's relative mendacity on this particular subject, but I don't recall him doubling down on 'God's judgment on our nation' or donating massive amounts of money to stridently anti-gay organizations and causes.

That's true, I suppose he only singled down on it. Incidentally, Obama's reprieve seems to have extended to others such as Louis Farrakhan and Bill Clinton. I will try to wrap my head around this emanuel logic.

Incidentally, Chick Fil A day has been a rousing success! Lines are going out the door and into the street. Certainly if there is another American value to be championed, it is freedom of expression and speech by the hundreds of thousands of Americans who went there today to show their support for Mr. Huckabee and Mr. Cathy.

http://in.reuters.com/article/2012/08/01/usa-gaymarriage-chickfila-idINL2E8J19AM20120801
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2012/08/chick-fil-a-appreciation-day-hundreds-flock-to-northridge-restaurant.html
https://plus.google.com/107508786997767901955/posts/6xcRMmPVbao

I suppose the so called tolerant left has placed millions of dollars in the pocketbooks of Mr. Cathy and the franchises.

Even at the DC truck,lines were long. Turns out people like the 'hate' chicken.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2012, 05:46:36 PM »

Yup, business is booming!

I wonder if there was a weird salmonella breakout recently.  Boy, wouldn't that make headlines..

Hey, someone made up a graph on the internet and wished illness on others! You must be proud.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2012, 06:18:42 PM »

I don't recall actually wishing anything on someone, but hey, that's your own interpretation.

Feel free to reject the graph, though.  It's not the first time you've shot down statistics not in your favor. Smiley

Oh I shall. Seeing is believing. I thank you for mobilizing the people.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/45-photos-of-insanely-long-lines-for-chick-fil-a-appreciation-day/article/2503792&rct=j&sa=X&ei=M7YZUOf7M7LF0AGM-ICAAw&ved=0CGUQ-AsoATAI&q=chick+fil+a&usg=AFQjCNFtfnr0xnXsn3zIjrOMXoA4Eg84Dg
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2012, 06:36:17 PM »

I don't recall actually wishing anything on someone, but hey, that's your own interpretation.

Feel free to reject the graph, though.  It's not the first time you've shot down statistics not in your favor. Smiley

http://washingtonexaminer.com/45-photos-of-insanely-long-lines-for-chick-fil-a-appreciation-day/article/2503792&rct=j&sa=X&ei=M7YZUOf7M7LF0AGM-ICAAw&ved=0CGUQ-AsoATAI&q=chick+fil+a&usg=AFQjCNFtfnr0xnXsn3zIjrOMXoA4Eg84Dg

Those are pictures of one day of groups of crazies who have come out of the woodwork because Huckabee told them to, not, say, a survey of perceptions of a corporation across a large swathe of America. For every crazy who dropped everything today to go buy hate chicken, there's at least 50 other Americans who didn't.

And yet, despite random chumps of the internet making up whatever they want and whining like babies, Chick Fil a's financial metrics far exceed the competition.

I like how reality works.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2012, 06:45:01 PM »

Feel free to reject the graph, though.  It's not the first time you've shot down statistics not in your favor. Smiley

Photos?  That's all you have?  Meaningless.

I suppose I can understand why you don't like reading the numbers, though.  Math teachers are bad, right?

But really, even if the boycotts were meaningless, what does that say?  I could put a huge swastika sign outside of a McDonalds, and people would still eat there.  People tend to think with their stomachs, not with their values.  And you don't have to drive around much to see that.  

So the fact that there's a national 'Stuff Your Face' Day for means of political protest isn't very surprising.

No, I like numbers. I just laugh at how some think that such numbers particularly matter, especially given that Chick Fil A is not a national chain. They certainly have expressed no desire to go to, say, Connecticut, to my knowledge.

Here are some numbers for you.

http://www.qsrmagazine.com/reports/qsr50-2012-top-50-chart?sort=avg_sales&dir=asc
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2012, 06:56:21 PM »

I'm willing to bet that at least half those people didn't know what they stood for on this issue before that interview.  That's why they've lost business as a result and had to have a bunch of teabagger talkshow trash bail them out.

I suppose I can understand why you don't like reading the numbers. This is really fun for me watching you just make stuff up.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2012, 07:04:35 PM »

I'm willing to bet that at least half those people didn't know what they stood for on this issue before that interview.  That's why they've lost business as a result and had to have a bunch of teabagger talkshow trash bail them out.

I suppose I can understand why you don't like reading the numbers. This is really fun for me watching you just make stuff up.

People don't like doing their research and would rather think with their stomachs.  You don't need numbers to figure that out.

I agree with that. They've been a growing franchise for a decade by providing good service and a good price, and now, thanks to the oppressive left, have free publicity. I don't believe they got there by calling people names; I suspect they leave that to you.

Of course, if people did the research, well, landslide majorities of the public has agreed with Chick Fil A in the jurisdictions in which they are located. I'm sorry you don't like those numbers either.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2012, 11:40:13 AM »
« Edited: August 03, 2012, 12:02:47 PM by krazen1211 »

A chick fil a gets vandalized.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2012/08/chick-fil-a-kiss-vandalism-hate.html

Hopefully these thugs are thrown in prison.

Liberal big shot screams at a fast food worker, loses his job.

http://www.businessinsider.com/vante-cfo-bullies-chick-fil-a-worker-then-promptly-gets-fired-for-it-2012-8
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2012, 11:54:15 AM »

As always, you have a really weird definition of 'landslide' and a weirder inability to distinguish between past, present, and future, but that's not really what I'm interested in right now. I'm interested in what sense you mean the word 'service' in '[Chick-fil-A] provid[es] good service'.

How exactly is the left being more 'oppressive' than the people supported and donated to by the good people at Chick-fil-A on this complex of issues? Are you really that offended by boycotts and disapprobation from public officials?

Chick Fil A provides good tasting food with clean restrooms and very polite customer service. Generally some consider these things hallmark of a leader in this industry.

I merely notice how one side is using the freedom of speech and freedom of commerce in the marketplace, and the other side is threatening questionably legal government coercion, which, to their credit, people like Emanuel and Menino have retracted. Certainly the leftists are quite free to use boycotts and disapprobation provided that they are not soliciting or otherwise breaking the law. Why they chose to escalate beyond that is unclear.

I particularly like the last image from the link above where Chick Fil A kindly provided beverages to those protesters! But that is because they are good and nice people.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2012, 01:55:31 PM »

Good. That makes it easy to catch him and throw him in jail for a year.

http://law.onecle.com/california/penal/594.html
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2012, 12:58:11 PM »

What, other than successful business models of chicken 'restaurants', do you actually have respect for?
Our "justice" system

The 3 of you use quotes in a very bizarre manner.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies