Official Chick-fil-A Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:04:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Official Chick-fil-A Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Official Chick-fil-A Thread  (Read 33476 times)
Redalgo
United States

« on: July 28, 2012, 01:08:52 PM »

Maybe I'm missing something important here, but this really seems to be a silly, trivial non-issue.
Redalgo
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 01:51:06 PM »
« Edited: July 28, 2012, 01:55:25 PM by Redalgo »

Well what do you mean by "this?"  Do you mean the CEO of a large highly visible corporation insulting a bunch of complete strangers for no reason or the fact that some people take issue with that kind of behavior?  I would characterize the CEOs behavior as "silly."  I wouldn't call it trivial or a non-issue... but I'm not a bigot so...

Yes, that is exactly what I meant. A CEO is not the physical embodiment of the firm over which they preside, the opinions of a CEO are not necessarily relevant to the quality of goods and services rendered to consumers, and if the company is not discriminating against people on the ground of sexual orientation in the workplace, that CEO is just another windbag among tens of thousands of others who I am completely disinterested in lending my attention to for more than a couple of minutes before moving on. He has a right to his opinions just like anyone else, and even though I am a strong supporter of LGBT rights and find the bloke's views disgusting, I am not going to call him nasty names or assume he is a horrible person.

I will not knowingly buy anything from his firm to avoid a cut of my money going into social causes I strongly disagree with, but banning the fast-food joints from towns is ridiculous, punishes workers far more than it does their CEO, and responding to hate and bigotry with more hate and bigotry is not going to accomplish anything constructive. Likewise, I do not think it is a big deal whether the CEOs of other firms actively support stronger LGBT rights - though associating ones company with ideas I agree with is liable to influence my behaviors of consumption in a more positive way.

i.e. This issue can be personally important but socially just seems like a brief flash in the PC pan.

I try to love and accept everybody - even if they make bad decisions. Is there much else to say?
Redalgo
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 12:11:46 PM »

Grumps has a decent point - I didn't even realize Chick-fil-A existed until this issue came up. xD
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies