Official Chick-fil-A Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:16:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Official Chick-fil-A Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Official Chick-fil-A Thread  (Read 33506 times)
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« on: July 27, 2012, 12:53:26 PM »

I don't see why this has erupted now -- ChickfilA has been very publicly  anti-gay for years.

The reason this has erupted now is because of all the other companies that came out as being for gay marriage recently.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 07:41:01 PM »

Yup, business is booming!

I wonder if there was a weird salmonella breakout recently.  Boy, wouldn't that make headlines..

Hey, someone made up a graph on the internet

You know, saying that a graph is just made up when it clearly shows the source the graph came from without verifying whether the source is reputable or not is kind of dumb. In this case the source is a well known marketing research agency.

http://www.brandindex.com/article/chick-fil-takes-hit-fast-food-eaters
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 08:14:14 PM »

Yup, business is booming!

I wonder if there was a weird salmonella breakout recently.  Boy, wouldn't that make headlines..

I'd be interested to see what's happened in the last week.  Have the pro-CFA people made a difference or have they not  really made a dent?

What do you mean?  According to the graphic, they lost business.

Actually the graph only shows public perception - it doesn't state anything about how much business they did. Their public perception could be down but business could be up if their supporters started going more frequently.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 08:11:07 AM »

Ah.  Well, it seems that could have one of two effects- either their supporters will buy there more frequently or the negative public perception will drive away would-be customers.  Conventional wisdom is that the latter will happen, but I guess it all depends.

If I had to guess they might get a temporary spike from the supporters, but they'll likely go back to normal habits after a while. I think the people against them are more likely to be able to sustain a long term change in behavior.

And Dibble, is that graph an indicator of their impression or some sort of index of visits?

The methodology is explained in this article:
http://www.brandindex.com/article/chick-fil-takes-hit-fast-food-eaters
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2012, 09:46:44 AM »

Ah.  Well, it seems that could have one of two effects- either their supporters will buy there more frequently or the negative public perception will drive away would-be customers.  Conventional wisdom is that the latter will happen, but I guess it all depends.

If I had to guess they might get a temporary spike from the supporters, but they'll likely go back to normal habits after a while.

For these types of people, eating disgusting junk food is a 'normal habit'.

Yes, but most of them probably don't eat at the same fast food joint every day. Having worked at a Burger King I know there are those who do, but most people who currently don't eat at Chick-fil-A aren't likely to make it a permanent habit just because they support their political stance.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2012, 05:39:28 PM »

Apparently the appreciation day saw record sales for Chick-fil-A - a boon for them to be certain, but time will tell how long term sales are affected.

Meanwhile, at KFC...
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2012, 11:59:09 AM »

Even if it wasn't a major crime it is still a crime. Using a criminal act as a form of protest when plenty of legal means of protest exist only gives the other side ammunition.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies