Why TOTUS? To stop Obama from saying the things he really believes (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:14:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Why TOTUS? To stop Obama from saying the things he really believes (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why TOTUS? To stop Obama from saying the things he really believes  (Read 4004 times)
WhyteRain
Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -2.78

« on: July 27, 2012, 09:39:06 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

This is why his handlers cringe every time he tries to speak extemporaneously or when, even with TOTUS there to tell him what to say, he "goes rogue" and starts thinking he knows something.
WhyteRain
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 09:42:43 AM »

I have no idea what this comment even was, but this looks like some pretty solid and swift damage control from the Obama campaign.

It wasn't anything. WhyteRain is a troll.

That's hilarious.  I'm a "troll" because I reveal a gaffe -- "not anything" says mondale84! -- that is so huge that the Obama campaign felt it had to run an ad featuring Dear Leader himself.  See it here; this time he's saying what TOTUS tells him to say:

Unreality has a liberal bias.
WhyteRain
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2012, 09:50:34 AM »
« Edited: July 28, 2012, 09:54:51 AM by WhyteRain »

What is with the Republican wet dream of Obama being too stupid to memorize speeches or say anything without a TelePrompter? I guess they'll learn after the debates.

I could fill a comment page with real-life examples of Obama being too stupid to memorize speeches or avoid saying idiotic things without TOTUS.

But even I couldn't find as many as his handlers could.  That's why where previous presidents used Teleprompters almost exclusively for important addresses to the nation, where every word was crucial, Obama's handlers force him to use TOTUS for even ordinary presidential announcements.

If you want to watch Sarah Palin give a speech after a teleprompter failure, go look at her acceptance speech at the 2008 GOP convention.  And the written copy of it that they gave her was three versions behind.

[modify:]  Unlike most Palin fans, I don't think the speech she gave at the GOP convention was good at all.  But she delivered it like a champion.
WhyteRain
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2012, 10:17:10 AM »

I have no idea what this comment even was, but this looks like some pretty solid and swift damage control from the Obama campaign.

It wasn't anything. WhyteRain is a troll.

It "wasn't anything", eh?  So I'm a troll for thinking it was?  Hell, then the Obama campaign is all trolls -- LOL!

(Emphasis added.)

I told y'all when this gaffe first erupted that it was a turning point in the election campaign.  I guess no matter how many top Obama handlers agree, I'm still a "troll".  :-)
WhyteRain
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2012, 10:23:36 AM »
« Edited: July 28, 2012, 10:35:54 AM by WhyteRain »

Wait, I don't understand, are you actually being insulting or do you actually think Obama's "stupid"? Huh I mean, I get that you don't like the guy (for, uh, various reasons) but you don't become President of the Harvard Law Review and graduate magna cum laude if you're an idiot.

I think he believes stupid things and as a consequence he says stupid things -- the things he actually believes -- when TOTUS isn't there to stop him.  (Oftentimes, when he "goes rogue" he does say factually incorrect things, which is a sign of ignorance more than stupidity, I'd say.)

Does that mean I think he's stupid?  I've always thought that he shows, like a lot of college faculty, a combination of ignorance and arrogance that is dangerous.  Compare him with, say, former-Pres. Clinton.  Very few people would claim that Clinton is humble, but neither would many say he is ignorant.  True, as President the man couldn't get out of bed in the morning before making at least two false statements but, unlike Obama, you never got the sense that he really thought they were true.

[modify:]  Also, regarding the Harvard Law Review, don't get confused between the positions of "president" and "editor".  The "president" is a figurehead, nothing else, while an "editor" is a "really sharp law student".

Regarding anything else that happened at Harvard, I don't know enough to comment because Obama won't release his records.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies