I'm done bullsh**tting all of you -- truth is, about to attend a Quaker meeting (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:01:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  I'm done bullsh**tting all of you -- truth is, about to attend a Quaker meeting (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I'm done bullsh**tting all of you -- truth is, about to attend a Quaker meeting  (Read 2124 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: July 28, 2012, 12:59:55 AM »

Oh so no more LDS?

Let us know how it goes. I hear Quaker meetings are actually rather boring.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 01:22:36 PM »
« Edited: July 29, 2012, 01:36:43 PM by They Move on Tracks of Never-Ending Light »

Oh so no more LDS?

Quakers reflect on their faith which you know, is a little more spiritual than waving your arms around like a tit.

I briefly thought of you today when after the baptisms and dedications the lead pastor then said some prayer about unleashing our freedom in worship, and it was perfectly right to want to celebrate and throw your hands in the air, probably because of being aware that because of the baptisms/dedications there were a lot of people there not normally going to the church who probably don't normally worship charismatically. It's kind of funny how non-believers can be the most dogmatic about this type of thing.

So Tweed, how'd it go?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 01:41:04 PM »

Oh so no more LDS?

Quakers reflect on their faith which you know, is a little more spiritual than waving your arms around like a tit.
Are you aware of where the term "Quaker" comes from? (hint: it's not from sitting still in a pew)

Yeah I was thinking of that too...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies