I'm done bullsh**tting all of you -- truth is, about to attend a Quaker meeting (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:27:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  I'm done bullsh**tting all of you -- truth is, about to attend a Quaker meeting (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I'm done bullsh**tting all of you -- truth is, about to attend a Quaker meeting  (Read 2127 times)
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« on: July 25, 2013, 08:42:08 PM »

a main motivation is having a paper trail of involvement in pacifism in order to dodge possible conscription into the military.

bro your medical history did that
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 06:28:19 PM »

a main motivation is having a paper trail of involvement in pacifism in order to dodge possible conscription into the military.

bro your medical history did that

back on the sauce?

Nope, 55 weeks and running. It's a good feeling.

I meant no offense by my quick post, but, IIRC and not conflating you with another poster, you have been rather upfront that you have sought some counseling before. Even in the unlikely event of a military draft, this background would almost certainly gain you what used to be called a 4F. Of course there are flaws in screening for volunteers, Manning, B., but if you didnt want to serve you could almost certainly point to this and not have to do a charade of being a Quaker.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 08:23:30 PM »

I think your fears of a draft are misplaced in the first place. Secondly, with all of the coverage of the surge in suicides, PTSD etc yeah I think they would have a tight screen before they start handing out M4's. FWIW, I don't go near a firearm or sensitive information and disclosures were still in the security background checks.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies