Why do quite many homosexuals vote Republican? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:48:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Why do quite many homosexuals vote Republican? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why do quite many homosexuals vote Republican?  (Read 10497 times)
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« on: July 30, 2012, 06:51:16 PM »

Here's a strange hypothesis: bisexuals who don't fully identify with the gay community and don't have as much of an incentive to be passionate about gay rights because they're already with straight partners.

TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 07:01:41 PM »

Here's a strange hypothesis: bisexuals who don't fully identify with the gay community and don't have as much of an incentive to be passionate about gay rights because they're already with straight partners.

Are such people going to claim to be gay to a pollster?

I'm inclined to be believe that a non-negligible amount of them would.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 07:07:28 PM »

Uh oh, someone mentioned the b word. But I've not, ever, even those with partners of the opposite sex, encountered a bisexual who is against or not passionate about LGBT rights.

Do you think there's the possibility that they're less invested in it though?
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 01:39:11 AM »

Just read the first page. Not gonna bother with the rest. The stupidity hurt my brain.

Maybe, just maybe, and I know this is crazy but hear me out... gays are actually individual people with their own political thoughts besides one single issue. Maybe not all gays are stero-typical effeminate hippie pofters. Maybe some of them cares strongly about defense, maybe some gays like guns, maybe some gays even care about the economy without subscribing to an Social Democratic agenda.

But what do I know. It's probably just self-loathing.     

You could say the same thing (obviously inserting a few different stereotypes here and there) about oil workers, blacks, academics, secular jews and union members. This forum is dedicated to psephology and the reasons why a member of the LGBT community would vote for a member of a party who consider them to be immoral sodomites should naturally interest us just as the reasons why we'd be interested in understanding the voting behavior of the few southern whites in rural areas who voted for Obama.

The real world isn't reflective of the forum: very few people are passionate enough about something as mundane as our health care system as opposed to an issue that directly affects them and where the opposition consistently refers to them in pejorative terms.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 06:02:15 PM »

Will the gays snap back to 2004 levels in this election thanks to Obama evolution?
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2012, 08:03:54 PM »

It would be cool if someone with a lot of interaction with GOP gays could comment with anecdotal reports!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies