Why do quite many homosexuals vote Republican? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:01:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Why do quite many homosexuals vote Republican? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why do quite many homosexuals vote Republican?  (Read 10490 times)
Redalgo
United States

« on: August 01, 2012, 04:34:47 PM »

Many homosexuals vote Republican when LGBT rights is not their #1 priority in politics.
Redalgo
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 11:33:05 AM »
« Edited: August 04, 2012, 11:41:03 AM by Redalgo »

Many homosexuals vote Republican when LGBT rights is not their #1 priority in politics.

Oh yeah?

Sure, why not? I didn't say a majority or even a particularly impressive minority of them do.

If someone's political convictions have a lot more in common with GOP planks than those of the Democrats, with LGBT issues being one of the few exceptions, why would they want to vote in opposition to the bulk of their political goals? Furthermore, it would not surprise me if a certain fraction of homosexuals were socially conservative on account of their environs and/or genetic inclinations, and eventually reconciled some of their ensuing internal conflicts by becoming a bit ashamed of their sexual orientation, or otherwise settling for a pro-LGBT rights attitude less thorough or robust than that one would expect from social liberals.

In a sense, what I'm trying to get at is that the condition of being heterosexual, homosexual, or otherwise doesn't have to wholly define who an individual is or what they strive for in the realm of politics any more than nationality, race, age, or other affixed statuses do. Folks are defined by a lot more than their sexual preferences, and so demographic trends in voting should not be confused with a solid predisposition for people of group A to monolithically support political faction B.

Not that I want to put words into your mouth, of course, it's just hard to reply to two words. xP

What are your thoughts on the matter?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies